Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 13:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
And then there were these "informative" ads by Bajaj for one of their bikes that has a fuel efficiency of 100 kmpl. "Mangalore se 100 km door ek gaanv hai jahaan aaj bhi Sanskrit boli jaati hai". What's the point?!!
I personally liked those Discover India series ads - makes the point about mileage (1 litre distance from the nearest town), brings out several undiscovered facts about India thus making an emotional connect, and links the name Discover to the concept of discovering India. Much better than the earlier Harry Porter ham during the early days of the Discover.

And anyway, these are not what you call misleading ads. Ads can be termed misleading when they misrepresent facts or hide something, the best example being the 5 star safety rating, or even calling the car/bike as the car/bike of the year, when there are umpteen number of agencies giving the awards.
Old 16th April 2010, 14:58   #62
BHPian

Tavera

This one is from the Tavera brochure I picked up last year.
I've got no words to describe how spacious the 3rd row is for people as compared to luggage

Those people are apparently from the Indian Cricket team, who at some point branded the Tavera
Misleading car/bike ads.-tavera.jpg
karpusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2010, 13:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
This one is from the Tavera brochure I picked up last year.
I've got no words to describe how spacious the 3rd row is for people as compared to luggage

Those people are apparently from the Indian Cricket team, who at some point branded the Tavera
Attachment 330715

I think the tavera pic has been tweaked up using photoshop look at the scaling done hillarious
Old 20th April 2010, 16:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

Now contrast this with that other supertrash bike ad ( I don't remember which bike ) where he jumps over ships, barges, ferries and gets to the island paradise ahead of his friends. And not happy with all the stupidity, the "Hero" when asked how he thinks he will head back, says "thinking is such a waste of time". This is the last straw. Wow, what a statement! So we all people who think are stupid and this smart alec with a smirk on his face ridicules the very concept of thinking. So, don't think. Just cross road whenever you feel like or come in the path of other vehicles without thinkling one bit. Wonder how long a guy with such attitude will last on our roads.
Why think when you can be stupid, I guess thats what the ad is trying to convey. Senseless on a whole new level.

I guess the best auto ad has to Bajaj's 'hamara kal, hamara aaj..' Beautiful ad.
Old 20th April 2010, 23:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Why think when you can be stupid, I guess thats what the ad is trying to convey. Senseless on a whole new level.
Yes, this is the stupidest ad. "Thinking is such a waste of time". I have never heard anything as dumb. This kid's attitude is akin to some "Heros" sporting "Mere baap ka road" sticker on their 150-200 cc bikes.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th January 2024 at 09:21. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 21st April 2010, 11:27   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Yes, this is the stupidest ad. "Thinking is such a waste of time". I have never heard anything as dumb. This kid's attitude is akin to some "Heros" sporting "Mere baap ka road" sticker on their 150-200 cc bikes.
Agree!
I don't want to generalise but it seems all HH ads are nonsensical in nature.
Case in the point, CBZ extreme as well the Karizma ads.

I have liked Maruti's branding ad where the tag line is 'India comes home in a Maruti', quite apt methinks.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th January 2024 at 09:22. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 21st April 2010, 13:56   #67
BHPian

and the years most fugly ad goes to hero honda (n years runnign now) !!!

hero honda ads are the worst since the "fill/shut (??) it forget it" days. I wonder if there is a in house team of wannabe adboys read failures pimping up our TV sets with such morose senseless ads. If i were a prospective bike buyer, I would puke, burn, jump off a building and if I still survive, put my money in charity than buy a hero honda product.

PS: I have a lot of respect for HH since they make a lot of no nonsense products which are VFM but ....

BTW Marutis ad, 'India comes home in a Maruti' is one of the best ads on telly fro Maruti till date. (after the blunder with Dzire the heart car)
Old 19th April 2015, 13:25   #68
Senior - BHPian

Verna 4S advert

Hello,
I have a doubt. In today's mumbai mirror (page 19) there is an advert about Verna 4S. They have compared Verna SX(P) with City VX MT(P). The price mentioned is on-road price; is Rs 10.58 lakh and Rs 10.85 lakh respectively.

However in the small print below, they have mentioned as all prices ex-showroom Mumbai. The phone numbers mentioned in the ad for local Hyundai dealer don't work.

But if really they are offering the Verna at that price, its a steal !

Misleading car/bike ads.-img_20150419_131603032_hdr.jpg

Note- I don't know if this constitutes as misleading advert, incase it is not, mods please remove this post.
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:10   #69
BHPian

Re: Misleading car/bike ads.

Not sure if it belongs here (as it is technically not an Ad). The video on the Tiago website features a car with LED projectors. The Tiago EV comes with halogen lamps on its projectors. The video has a watermark saying colors are subject to change - but even your headlamp light color?

Misleading car/bike ads.-tiago_ad.jpg

Link to the website: https://ev.tatamotors.com/tiago/ev.html. Video is the one below the fold and @1:13 mark you can find this.

Also further down, there is a picture which shows this. So I don't think that was a color correction gone wrong in the video. It is intentional.

Misleading car/bike ads.-tiago_ad_2.jpg

How do they get around the legalities of misleading customers? Is this quite common? (The car has been launched an year back, so it is not new).
thomahawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks