Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 23:00   #31
BHPian

Any one who has once in his life has used Fiat or Padmini will love it and would not regret.

There is some kind of unexplainable magic in Fiat cars, that can only be felt cannot be expressed.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post
Any one who has once in his life has used Fiat or Padmini will love it and would not regret.

There is some kind of unexplainable magic in Fiat cars, that can only be felt cannot be expressed.

Very well said. +1 to that.
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehul1100 View Post

-1 to that. no harm to fiat lovers...it's horrible. my uncle had one for a couple of years & it was the worst car i have ever seen.
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
-1 to that. no harm to fiat lovers...it's horrible. my uncle had one for a couple of years & it was the worst car i have ever seen.
Can you justify that? It could be a one off case right?

so, I make that a +1
Old 22nd January 2010, 21:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Can you justify that? It could be a one off case right?

so, I make that a +1
well you can make it whatever you want. its my personal choice.

Quote:
i didn't find any magic on my 1st ride. it had all kinds of problems- engine would stop, there were rattling sounds, the clutch created problems, the engine overheated etc. it was repaired almost 8 to 9 times until it was replaced by an omni & let me tell you it was a brand new padmini.

Last edited by amit V8 : 22nd January 2010 at 21:05.
Old 8th February 2010, 21:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Fiats:- India's best Family car!

The following is my personal opinion and true facts!!!

Fiat 1100 :A car with great future as predicted 54 years ago!!!!

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-fiat-1100-jan-55.jpg

Points to be noted about FIAT 1100/Premier Padmini.!

Fiat 1100/Premier Padmini in India have had the same engine from 1953 to 1997. The engine and body design was so reliable that they had never changed the basic design of it.

2. Mr. Behram who was in PAL R&D and a Bhpian (DHABHAR BEHRAM) said that the designs and part numbering system of FIATs were so good that he could not find even a small fault in the original design.

3. Fiat/Padmini engines were so good and satisfying that hardly anybody dieselized them. Even the Padmini Diesel did not run well.! So good were FIATs!

4. Fiats are so dependable that across various states in India Fiat Owners Clubs have been established.

a. Fiat Classic Car Club Of India (FCCCI) - Pune.
b. Fiat Classic Car Club Of India (FCCCI) - Mumbai.
c. Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore.
d. Fiat 1100 Club - Kangayam.
e. Fiat 1100 Club - Lucknow.

Soon across all cities!

5. A thread was started in Team Bhp comparing Fiats and Ambassador! Obviously Fiat/Premier Padmini was the clear winner.!!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ou-choose.html

LOOOOONG LIVE FIATS!

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-aaaa.jpg

My opinion of Ambassador:

Which points of Fiats apply to Ambassador?

1. Was a same engine used from 1950s??? Why is HM using a Isuzu engine? Can't they design their own engine?

2. Any HM guy over here to prove the excellence in design of Ambassador?

3. I hardly find any old Ambys still running in petrol! Why????

4. Any Owners Clubs for Ambassador cars in India??????

5. The winner is .....!!!!!

Period
Old 8th February 2010, 22:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post

My opinion of Ambassador:

Which points of Fiats apply to Ambassador?

1. Was a same engine used from 1950s??? Why is HM using a Isuzu engine? Can't they design their own engine?

2. Any HM guy over here to prove the excellence in design of Ambassador?

3. I hardly find any old Ambys still running in petrol! Why????

4. Any Owners Clubs for Ambassador cars in India??????

5. The winner is .....!!!!!

Period
Which of the 2 is surviving even today ??
Old 8th February 2010, 23:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
If not for Premier, the 1100's would still be flocking the streets all over India. Premier closed down for their own reasons, DEFINITELY not the car.
Old 8th February 2010, 23:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ambassador is surviving even today!!
But what are the sales numbers??? Are the customers happy??

Padmini was stopped because of PAL's management problems. FYI Premier was ready with the next gen Padmini i.e Padmini S2. Sadly it did not enter the market all because of the internal problems of PAL's mgmt..

Last edited by arun1100 : 8th February 2010 at 23:14.
Old 9th February 2010, 01:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If not for Premier, the 1100's would still be flocking the streets all over India. Premier closed down for their own reasons, DEFINITELY not the car.
neither the premier nor the 1100 are a common sight now throughout india. these are only seen in some specific parts of the country.

Quote:
Ambassador is surviving even today!!
But what are the sales numbers??? Are the customers happy??

Padmini was stopped because of PAL's management problems. FYI Premier was ready with the next gen Padmini i.e Padmini S2. Sadly it did not enter the market all because of the internal problems of PAL's mgmt..
i have seen young people switching over to ambys. also, when PAL was closed the padmni was in the same situation - a 40 year old design with dated interiors & a noisy motor. i won't say amby is better but still survives & offers all the goodies that others provide.

Quote:
Fiat 1100 :A car with great future as predicted 54 years ago!!!!
why did the car with the future stop in 2000?? because the people rejected it. this would happen even if PAL did not have their own issues.

Quote:
I hardly find any old Ambys still running in petrol! Why????
come to kolkata, you will find a lot.

Quote:
Any Owners Clubs for Ambassador cars in India??????
you don't need clubs for a car. you just need a car which is in every indian heart, that will serve the purpose.

Last edited by amit V8 : 9th February 2010 at 01:33.
Old 9th February 2010, 01:46   #41
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dear Amit,
We all are one with the similar thoughts, we all love cars. this similarity brought us here on T-BHP. i am telling my opinion, i have driven
M800, Zen, Omni, Esteem, Alto, Santro, Matiz, Accent, indica, indigo, reva, versa, verna, wagon-R, baleno, baleno altura, lancer, scorpio, sumo, qualis, sierra, safari, old honda city, new honda city, ambassador, ikon, palio, punto, uno, linea, swift, dzire, Mercedes c class, 118ne, i10, spark, armada, fiesta, and many other cars but believe me, i cant even compare a single car in the above list with my padmini/fiat 1100. the car seat position and steering position makes me go crazy. the whooping power in first and second gear feels like we are in a race track. i do agree with heating issues with fiat 1100, the reason is we have not maintained the cooling system properly. when i went to goa in my car, i had a heating problem coz, i forgot to fill water, car stopped in some remote area there was no water at all, all i had is only one liter of water, the mistake i made again is i filled up the water when the car is not in on, that too it was hot. and no one was there to help us also, and for the mistake i made, car was not taking any water and after i drove for 2mtrs head gasket was gone. the remained water entered the engine completely, and i had no option other than taking it to a mechanic, to my bad luck i got to know the mechanic and automobile shops were about 8-9kms from the place i was. i drove my car 9kms in first gear with the water in the engine. can anyone dare to try this in any other cars than fiat? then talk to me. u can check my orkut album for the proof.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Also please use proper punctuation & write in paragraphs for better readability.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th February 2010 at 15:43. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 9th February 2010, 06:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

amit v8: I appreciate your love for Ambassador.

Funkykar, Karthik 1100, Mehul1100, Sujith 1100 and Arun1100(me!) and many more: The Fiat 1100 has ignited the kind of passion in drivers that only a Fiat can...!

A simple car, FIAT 1100, has brought all of us together. Fiats have changed our lives. Thank you FIAT ITALY for gifting Indians with such a WONDERFULL car!!!

Last edited by arun1100 : 9th February 2010 at 06:35.
Old 9th February 2010, 07:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
It is said that love is blind. I guess they are right.
Old 9th February 2010, 08:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is said that love is blind. I guess they are right.
But LOVE for FIATs can be seen, felt, driven, shared, enjoyed, celebrated, partied...........!!!!

My Fiat's 19th year celebrations with FAMILY.. The LOVE towards our Family's FIAT!! Celebrated just two days back

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-dsc01533.jpg

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-dsc01560.jpg

Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore. FIATians UNITED and PARTIED and RALLY!! Yes Bangaloreans love FIATS, BLINDLY

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-dsc01401.jpg

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-28.jpg

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-29.jpg

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-34.jpg

The SMILE and HAPPINESS on each one of our faces.!!!

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-sdc14762.jpg

OLD men going crazy!!

Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-image117.jpg

FIATians party hard at the Great Indian October Fest - Bangalore. OUR cars were show stoppers at the event. We were very lucky to participate in TGIOF
Attached Thumbnails
Ambassador, Premier Padmini Specs ??-aa.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th February 2010 at 15:41. Reason: Please avoid unnecessary bolding of text, thanks
Old 9th February 2010, 08:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Seems that discussion is heating up. BTW Padmini or rather FIAT was a car designed for the masses. It was a car which every Indian drove nearly for 40 years along with the Ambassador which was driven mostly by the chauffeurs. Just because the amby arrived in India a few years before the entry of fiat doesn't mean that it was a success at that time. No other car was available at that time to provide direct competition to Amby. BTW i read somewhere a long time ago THE MAIN REASON FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE ANBASSADOR/MORRIS OXFORD IN INDIA WAS THAT THERE WAS A FAIR SHARE OF PARTICIPATION BY THE OWNERS OF HM a part of Birla Technical Services industrial group IN THE FREEDOM WORKS OF OUR COUNTRY. IT WAS STATED AS THE OFFICIAL CAR OF THE GOVERNMENT OF FREE INDIA.
One point which is common to both the cars is that they were and are still used extensively by the taxi operators. Although Fiat still manages to ply on the roads of India that too without the support of their originators or even their manufacturers in India.
Though there is no offense meant to anybody but in my opinion i think Fiat was a clear winner in its time in the areas such as the ride quality, maneuverability, fuel efficient(at that time), compact yet spacious dimensions, etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks