Team-BHP - Hyundai new launches
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai new launches (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5492-hyundai-new-launches.html)

folks, this month overdrive forecasts many new launches from Hyundai. the products like Trajet (Innova rival), New Accent (for 2006, though this doesnt look great, let us see the performance), the new sonata, the new tiburon sports coupe. The santro replacement is targeted for 2007 it seems.

Seems Hyundai is flexing it muscles for a tough fight. Let us see how and what the indian auto marget and consumers gain!

I'm only looking at the Tiburon (Tuscani) here. It's getting the 166bhp V6 Sonata powerplant and weighs 1333 kgs.

Only drawback is the 4 speed auto box it's coming with. Magazines say it might cost around 17 lakhs, a bit too much IMO.

Shan2nu

Well if it has a FAST V6, TCS, ABS and Airbags and loads of other equipment, 17L does not seem like a bad price.
Lets wait and see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Well if it has a FAST V6, TCS, ABS and Airbags and loads of other equipment, 17L does not seem like a bad price.
Lets wait and see.

Its way too expensive. In US it costs around $ 17k, whereas an Elantra would cost $ 14k. Check your math dude.

IMO should not be over 12-13 lacs in India.

I think Hyundai will try the same strategy as they did with the Terracan and price it a litle too high in the beginning, just so that those who are really desperate for it will cough up for one.

ahh crap..they are messing up the tiburon..4 speed auto???? damnit...i was hoping they throw in the 6 speed manual! But iono..if it gets offered with a lot of standard equipment..17 lakh might not be bad..i'd still go for an Octavia RS though!

Just In - http://finance.indiainfo.com/news/20...ai-sonata.html

Hyundai to launch new Sonata with old price in July
Wednesday, May 11 2005 12:47 Hrs (IST)

Seoul: Hyundai Motors is all set to launch an all-new Sonata in India by July-end, retaining the price at about Rs 16 lakh, and may also offer a replacement scheme to the existing customers of the premier sedan.

Disclosing this Seoul, B V R Subbu, President, Hyundai Motors India Ltd, said, "Quality audit test for the new model is underway. The test has to confirm that cars made in India are same as those produced in the US market."

The new model would be available in automatic and petrol versions, he said, adding the price has been retained at around Rs 16 lakh.

The company had stopped selling Sonata cars in India about six months back before selling 5,500-5,800 units.

Asked whether the company would offer a scheme to the existing Sonata customers to replace their car with the new model, Subbu said, "We are looking at some options. Nothing has been finalised. But in all probability, we may offer some replacement scheme."

On the main features of the new model, he said it would come with a completely redesigned body and a far more fuel-efficient engine. All safety features are on par with those existing in Europe.

The company is targeting to sell about 2,000 units annually and the car would be manufactured at its plant in Chennai, Subbu said, adding that six cars have already been produced for conducting audit test.

PTI

i have some of my opinions about this:

1)the tuscani (tiburon) will never sell if it comes with an auto. This is India for God's sake.... who wud wanna drive a V6"sports car" with an "auto". so, if koreans aren't as foolish as we think, they would never launch it with auto.

2)17 lakhs for a korean sports car? if it were me, i would import a used toyota supra putting out atleast 500 bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
i have some of my opinions about this:

1)the tuscani (tiburon) will never sell if it comes with an auto. This is India for God's sake.... who wud wanna drive a V6"sports car" with an "auto". so, if koreans aren't as foolish as we think, they would never launch it with auto.

2)17 lakhs for a korean sports car? if it were me, i would import a used toyota supra putting out atleast 500 bhp.

exactly my point..i doubt it will be 17...maybe more in line with other hyundai model's pricing....they should just launch it with the manual and be done with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maedi
The new model would be available in automatic and petrol versions, he said, adding the price has been retained at around Rs 16 lakh.

Retain the price.???????Wasnt the S20 Sonata much cheaper like in the 12 range. The V6 auto was 16 lakhs.

If I had the money, I wouldnt spend 17 lakhs on what is basically a glorified Elantra platform.

Actually, I might, just for those looks!! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Retain the price.???????Wasnt the S20 Sonata much cheaper like in the 12 range. The V6 auto was 16 lakhs.

The S20 is a stripped down version of the Sonata Gold which is a 2.0 l v4.

I guess its the new Sonata v6 thats mentioned by Subbu for 16 lacs. And he was comparing it the old Sonata V6 which was priced at around 15 lacs without discounts.

currently u get a s20 in hyd for rs: 9.43L (on road price).

Allright,
Nice pricing if this happens.
A month or 2 ago, the Sonata S20 was selling for 10L on road Bombay.
Really tempting for those interested in luxury.
I think the V6 was 13 - 14L.
That too before bargaining properly.

if anyone watched the Auto Show episode on friday ... they did a review on the Tiburon ...
hyundai hasnt decided wether it should throw a 5 psd or 6 spd yet ... but the fact that it'll come with a speed stick and not an auto is certain ..
also ..the pricing is supposed to be around 17 L .....

hmmmm ...and why do they call it the TUscani ???and not the Tiburon ????