Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 21:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
It looks really funny for having two different size of tyre's in a car.Also the engine bay opening is in the bumper?? it sounds odd.
If that is not enough to fill in the fuel you need to open the bonnet as there is no extra outlet outside.

The each wheels are fixed using 3 nuts only and this is a four door vehicle and guys the Diesel Nano is expected somewhere in the last quarter of this year with a 800cc engine got info from dependable source

Last edited by gowda79 : 13th March 2009 at 21:52.
Old 13th March 2009, 22:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

remember the price also. 1,00,000 after 1 year of wait despite a shot up in raw material costs. small cost cutting has to be done

the top end model of the nano has a prismatic rear view mirror, which even a zen estilo/ a-star does not have. its an important feature.

it's even taller than a santro.

and last of all, its a rear engined, rear drive small car. there is nothing else like it on earth.
Old 13th March 2009, 22:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
OT:one thing that caught my eyes is that even the cheapest car in India offers fog lamps in certain variant yet a 10 lak car like NHC doesn't even offer it in any variant .
It's got independent rear suspension as well that NHC doesn't have!
Old 13th March 2009, 22:40   #49
BHPian

'No ECS refund' - what does this mean ?
Old 13th March 2009, 23:02   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
It's got independent rear suspension as well that NHC doesn't have!
Also, it's the only RWD hatchback present on Earth,,
Old 13th March 2009, 23:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ur scoops do no amaze me any more Sid, rather the lack of it may

Few Observations-
1.- Cost of CX and LX models?
2.- Can someone explain this to me - EMS electronic engine management system with "blink code mechanism" for easy repairs.
3.- fuel cut-off for safety - nice feature.
4.- Why different specs for front and rear tyres- any logic?
5.- Nice to see tubeless as standard
6.- turning radius is fine.
7.- fuel tank capacity: 15 litres (means trips to fuel pump will increase but 23kmpl claim should give 20kmpl atleast which is quiet good)
8.- Warranty is a tad low.
9.- What is - NO ECS REFUND?

So Tata is back to its lottery system which they started when the launched the first gen Indica. Interesting.
10 lakh cars, NCR is already dense man.
Tata is making a handsome profit on booking forms alone let alone the booking amount interest(As deliveries will take a long time)
Old 14th March 2009, 00:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

i see nano diesel replacing auto rickshaws!
Old 14th March 2009, 00:13   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If DocC is to be believed, the Nano can surely go fast---to be frank, I never expected it to go beyond 60 kmph.
Currently on my dad's comp, so can't upload pics etc...but will log on from my lappy tomorrow and surely upload some pics that were taken...
Old 14th March 2009, 00:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
2.- Can someone explain this to me - EMS electronic engine management system with "blink code mechanism" for easy repairs.

i guess car will have some kind of error displaying method like leds or simple 7 segment display to display the error, you don't have to connect the OBD tool to see the error .....
Old 14th March 2009, 01:03   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
neoonwheels : IMHO, the car engine was looking stressed even at 40 KMPH. May be the engine makes a lot of noise or else the insulation is not upto the mark.
@Neo: Neither. You were behind a rear engine car.

Feedback from some one who has driven the car is that it will do 120 with 4 adults. May not be in a jiffy, but it's not going to take an eternity either.
Old 14th March 2009, 04:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
It looks really funny for having two different size of tyre's in a car.Also the engine bay opening is in the bumper?? it sounds odd.

The VW beetle used to have it in the back , the engine that is. So did the old porches and many super cars.
Old 14th March 2009, 04:11   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Why does it look funny? People plonk money to get the staggered wheel set up in their ordinary coupes and here Nano is giving you staggered set up for 1 lakh!! (by giving thinner wheels upfront )

Staggered wheel set up can be seen on many RWD cars (Merc C class, BMW 3 for example). It provides extra traction for the driving wheels. Since Nano is a RWD, the rear wheels need to have certain amount of width for traction. The front wheels are only for directional control hence cost cutting in form of thinner tyres. Probably Nano engineers arrived at the optimal width of 155mm where it has enough grip and yet doesn't cost too much.
Old 14th March 2009, 04:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
and last of all, its a rear engined, rear drive small car. there is nothing else like it on earth.
Ummm....Sid you seem to have forgetten the Mk I & II Renault Clio V6:

Renault Clio V6 Renault Sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the Renault 5 Turbo:

Renault 5 Turbo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 14th March 2009, 12:21   #59
BHPian

Sid, you da man!

For a moment I thought that the rear tyres are just wider, but a quick calc shows that their total diametre is 1.25 centimetres more than the front one. I believe the spare could be fitted to the rear also, but you might feel a side pull. The instructions of limited speed is for that. One solution for the side pulll problem is to deflate the other rear tyre a bit

The US cars provide a much thinner spare. Upon our first flat (rented car full of onsite pals), we went crazy on seeing it. The diametre of the spare seems to be the same as the regular tyre though. There is instruction to limit speed and change it soon. You are not expected to do normal driving with the spare.

So, nano brings the "spare is only a spare" culture here. Good!

IIRC, the annual capacity is 250,000 units right? So, does it take 4 years to clear the 10L backlog? I guess the realistic booking number will be more like 2-3L IMHO.

Last edited by DileepKS : 14th March 2009 at 12:23.
Old 14th March 2009, 12:44   #60
BANNED

Mid engined!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ummm....Sid you seem to have forgetten the Mk I & II Renault Clio V6:

Renault Clio V6 Renault Sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the Renault 5 Turbo:

Renault 5 Turbo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Both the cars seems to have mid engined, rear wheel drive setup. Not a complete rear engined, rear wheel drive setup. That's what I got to understand after reading the links provided.

Am I wrong?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks