Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 23:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Front facing seats anyday anytime. Tata Sumo Grande just went from front facing to side facing based on customer feedback!!
Old 10th July 2009, 12:00   #17
BHPian

I prefer front facing seats in JJJ style anyday. First time I travelled in Shatabdi from Blore to Chennai, felt that the train was travelling in reverse gear all the while - a sick feeling.

Sumo Grande - I wonder what kind off customers gave that feedback! Agree that getting in and out from the last row in Innova and Xylo might be a pain, but once you are settled-in its a comfortable ride.
Old 10th July 2009, 19:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Front facing seats anyday anytime. Tata Sumo Grande just went from front facing to side facing based on customer feedback!!
Sumo Grande has both front facing and side facing seats in variants and for a reason. In Taxis, Side facing seats make more sense because of easy configurability i. e. You can easily configure for 5 passengers and lot of baggage or 7/8 passengers with moderate luggage.

On the other hand, Front facing seats are best suitable for personal and mostly city use where you have lot of people (mostly family & friends) on short trips. Front facing seats do eat up luggage space and roof carriers are not always the best thing.

Safety wise and for personal use, I have found Front facing seats ideal.
Old 10th July 2009, 22:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

for short distances, i prefer side facing seats like in bolero. also, it offers easier entry & exit as it does not require one to fold the second row seat & get inside.

for long distances, where one does not need to get in & out frequently, forward facing seats as in the innova is more desirable.
Old 11th July 2009, 11:47   #20
BHPian

The front facing seats are comfortable, provided there is enough legroom.

But, the side facing seats offer easy entry and exit, especially in case of an emergency. Also the side facing seats are preferable when more luggage and passengers need to be transported together.

Hope the side facing seats have seat belts.
Old 11th July 2009, 16:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well side facing seats would only have some use for seatbelts if there's a side impact. A frontal or rear collision would be pretty bad I think irrespective of seatbelts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks