Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 15:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Why is Hyundai NOT Interested in selling the Getz CRDi??

After a lot of thought about a new car, I concluded that I wanted a fast diesel hatch. The choice was between the Getz D and the swift D. After reading the reviews by KP and Ishaan, i was leaning towards the getz. But one visit to the showroom has almost changed that. The Dealer seems least interested in selling the getz, and drew a blank on most details about it. There is not a single TD car in the state, and they insisted me do drive a verna instead. This was the experience with another Bhp-ian too, who wanted to buy one. He eventually bought a swift Vdi.

This has to be One of THE most underrated cars around and if promoted well, could acheive good volumes.

Why is Hyundai not interested in selling this car? Is it because they are not making any money on it? Of so, why launch it in the first place?? will it be stopped soon?
Old 16th March 2009, 15:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its because you've run out of parking space at home and MGF/Popular know this, like the rest of the world.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:21   #3
BHPian

May be they want to discontinue it. (as Getz in any form is not sold well) & want to introduce i20 Diesel (of course with a much higher price).

Still the Add on TV channels about Getz is now 3.99 L is frequently seen.

I think you should still stick to it. Its a wonderful car & now one of the best VFM car (after price cut of course) in India.

I'll any day prefer it over Swift D.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ishaan had posted earlier that the car was introduced solely due to dealer demand , and that hyundai actually incurred a loss selling each of these cars

EDIT :
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I had a very frank & off the record chat with the Executive Director of Hyundai India recently when I went to pick up my mother's i10. Here's what he had to say:

1. They launched the Getz CRDi only due to dealer pressure to enter the segment. They had no initial plans to do so until the launch of the Swift D.

2. Due to some reasons (loss making mainly, can't divulge details) they are not keen on promoting the car in our market. So while due to dealer pressure they can't withdraw it but to minimise sales they will NOT actively promote it either. You want it, buy it or else leave it attitude.

3. So you guys can safely rule out any equipment-laden versions in the future & should rather hope that there are no further price increases.

Last edited by greenhorn : 16th March 2009 at 15:25.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Already discussed Here

Read from Post #30 onwards

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks