Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:06   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: J.D. Power 2015 India Customer Service Index (CSI) StudySM - Study

Congrats to Maruti for retaining their No. 1 spot, selling 1 lakh cars per month and still keeping their customers happy is not a small achievement, hats off to them. I do not own a Maruti but credit where it is due, reliable cars with happy customers.

Am glad to see Skoda/Volkswagen occupying last two spots, they truly deserve these positions because their service support is third grade, even Fiat customers are happier than the german duo JD power may be accurate or not but i know from my personal experience that both VW & Skoda do not even deserve to be in the customer satisfaction list, they do not yet know what it means.
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:14   #197
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd November 2015 at 14:59.
2000rpm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:30   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Or could it be the cabbies? I don't think commercial vehicles are included in these surveys, but I have heard from a cab driver and owner of an Etios that the Etios is not a completely worry/issue free vehicle like other Toyotas (especially Innova). I didn't ask for details, now wish that I had.
I generally interact with cab drivers when i go to service center for my vehicle service/repair. Till now, i have not heard single driver complaining about Etios vehicle. They seemed quite happy with the vehicle performance, mileage and servicing.
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:34   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember a discussion on whether or not the JD Power rankings are reliable a few years ago on Team BHP. I don't think they're all that accurate either, based on the brands ranking.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ty-survey.html

While I do not question JD Power's "formula" in scoring & ranking manufacturers, I am very curious to know what the sample size was for each manufacturer vis-a-vis sales numbers. And for some manufacturers, satisfaction will vary greatly depending on which model's owners were surveyed - for e.g., Toyota Fortuner owners vs. Liva owners.

The way I see it, Maruti and Honda are tops. Hyundai/Tata/Mahindra/Toyota are about on par in 2rd place. No idea why Nissan ranks where it does. Chevy/Ford/Renault/FIAT are about on par in 4th place - indicating a hit-or-miss customer service experience, and the VW group sits at the bottom of the pile - borne out by lots of anecdotal evidence as well.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:59   #200
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd November 2015 at 14:59.
2000rpm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:13   #201
BHPian

I thought for sure Honda would be low down on the list for this year because of all the teething troubles of the initial batches of city. What happened to all of that?
And how did Toyota go down so low?
Something doesn't add up.
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:43   #202
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I would rate Toyota as the best service provider out of all the service providers I interact with as a customer (utility, bank, telecom, cable, online retailer etc).
I am just very very pleased with my experience with Toyota at all levels and all ways of interaction. So much so that I went ahead and bought another Toyota. I believe, they have just locked me down as their customer for life. Unless they price their cars way out of my league or they are unable to maintain their current status, I will continue to buy only Toyotas.

But, I believe there are also a lot of people out there who are not satisfied with their purchase of Etios and Liva, which may be the reason for the low rankings.
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:29   #203
Senior - BHPian

This looks more like a monthly sales chart rather than the customer service/satisfaction index. If you swap Hyundai and Honda, the ordering is pretty close to the monthly sales chart.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:48   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am honestly not convinced with these findings. Toyota being so low in the list and Nissan being so high up, infact right after Toyota. My experience with the two brands has been drastically opposite of that.
Only sensible part of that result is the last spot for Skoda as per me.
Sure these are just numbers. But what these indicate are what we already know. Maruti being No.1 and Skoda & VW coming last. Please check the points awarded, instead of the position. Toyota's points are at par with the other toppers - Hyundai, Tata, M&M. However, Nissan's numbers, 40 points below Toyota, are at par with the other manufacturers touching the bottom - Renault, Chevy, Fiat, VW & Skoda.
What surprises me in the list is the Tata's position, however.
When they are as good as Hyundai in Customer service, and products improving, why are they not able to sell? Is it due to lazyness by dealers?
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:01   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
When they are as good as Hyundai in Customer service, and products improving, why are they not able to sell? Is it due to lazyness by dealers?
No, it is lost trust among the buyers. But I am sure they will 'reclaim' the trust if they keep up with such ratings or rather improve these points.

I was at one of the showrooms for 2.5 hours on Sunday and all there were 3-4 prospective customers in that period which is very low IMO.
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:35   #206
BHPian

Re: The "JD Power Study" Thread

I believe JD Power rankings are an indicator. While it may not be the entire truth, it is certainly a pointer towards what is the general fact! In that sense, Maruti, Honda and Hyundai being part of the top 3 certainly springs no surprises. What is surprising is the fact that Tata Motors is bragging itself for a podium finish along with Hyundai! WOW!

We have all sat in the sad workhorses that the Indica and the Indigo used to represent and we have always looked out wistfully at all the 'nice' cars that passed us by! No more, it seems the Tata owners seem to be saying. A jump to #3 while being certainly commendable, would still be a notch or two below the MSIL or HMIL way of treating its customers. It is still heartening to see TML trying to aim high in this MSIL stronghold. Looks like they have finally realized that a happy owner also means a potential customer 3-4-5 years from that time!

Toyota and Mahindra follow the hot heeled and kudos to Mahindra as well! Both home growns seem to have finally understood that taking the customer for a ride (figuratively, of course) won't fly in this time and age!
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:49   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Surprising about Toyota. This is actually what convinces me that the rankings are wrong, unless unrealistic perception is what is bringing their ranking down. Case of their own brilliance causing them harm. Or could it be the cabbies? I don't think commercial vehicles are included in these surveys, but I have heard from a cab driver and owner of an Etios that the Etios is not a completely worry/issue free vehicle like other Toyotas (especially Innova). I didn't ask for details, now wish that I had.
Could be perception! Toyota ranked No. 1 in pre-sales, so maybe post-sales expectations were high?

Either ways, the Toyota dealer that i visited was clearly not great. Complained of wobbling and poor AC effectiveness in the Liva, but was unable to diagnose the issue properly and at the end said its normal - so I bounced and went to an independent mech.

As for reliability - no comments on that. It definitely is a pretty reliable vehicle, but I have noticed a metallic noise coming from the vehicle in some cases - maybe that is it? Haven't noticed it on our Etios though.
Old 4th November 2015, 09:24   #208
BHPian

Regarding Tata, may be more than 75% of their sales constitute of Indica/Indigo in which more than 90% belong to taxi. Most of the taxi guys wont give the car to authorized service center and does the repair/servicing from outside. (I dont have any data for this, came to know in the chit-chat with OLA drivers as I use OLA very frequently). So may be the footfall in Tata service centers may be very less, but at the same time they have enough infrastructure to service more cars. May be, that is why who ever reaches service centre gets a better treatment because of the lack of sales. May be once the sales pick up, they can go back to where they were.

But players like Maruti, Hyudai, Honda who sells in mass, but still retaining the top places, is really praise-worthy.
Old 4th November 2015, 11:34   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Regarding Tata, may be more than 75% of their sales constitute of Indica/Indigo in which more than 90% belong to taxi. Most of the taxi guys wont give the car to authorized service center and does the repair/servicing from outside. (I dont have any data for this, came to know in the chit-chat with OLA drivers as I use OLA very frequently). So may be the footfall in Tata service centers may be very less, but at the same time they have enough infrastructure to service more cars. May be, that is why who ever reaches service centre gets a better treatment because of the lack of sales. May be once the sales pick up, they can go back to where they were.

But players like Maruti, Hyudai, Honda who sells in mass, but still retaining the top places, is really praise-worthy.
Wow! I would like to politely disagree with your analysis! Its so easy to see the negativism and bias in your comments!

Do you own a Tata car or do you visit their service center? Tata has dedicated service bays, service engineers and relation managers for cabbies. They offer quick service option which lets cabbies get back to roads and get earning quick!
For Zest, Bolt and Nano, they have a separate team trained specifically to handle customers like us.

Their A.S.S has started to perform better and move in right direction. Why wish them to go back to their old ways?
balajisv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 23:22   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

JD Power study says Indian vehicle manufacturing quality significantly improved, Hyundai tops the list

Quote:
The 2015 India Initial Quality Study (IQS) conducted by JD Power shows new vehicle manufacturing quality in India has significantly improved over past five years. The main focus of the IQS is to assess the problems of owners with their new vehicle specifically pertaining to defects and malfunctions. This quality assessment is carried out during the first two to six months of ownership of the car. All the noted issues are summarized as the number of problems per 100 vehicles (PP100), with a lower PP100 score indicating a lower incidence of problems and higher initial quality.
The "JD Power Study" Thread-2015indiainitialqualitystudyj.d.power.jpg.pagespeed.ce.od8uhrmzct.jpg

Interesting to see cars like the Etios and City topping the respective segments.

Source: Motoroids
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks