Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 12:17   #61
BHPian

Highly surprising on all fronts

If maintaining reputation is tough (done by Maruti) fighting all the negative image is herculean which seems to have been achieved by Fiat. Sales are yet to reflect this change in perception but I think there is a lag for word of mouth to spread and then to start showing results. Positive word of mouth is always slower to spread than negative ones.

I am surprised to see Ford so low. With all their efforts to reduce spare costs I would have expected them to be atleast in top 5. Possible fall out of the exceptional success of Figo and service centers failing to cope with the surge? And where are the new dealerships they announced? Are they up?

Last edited by pacman2881 : 29th October 2010 at 12:20.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I am surprised to see Ford so low. With all their efforts to reduce spare costs I would have expected them to be atleast in top 5. Possible fall out of the exceptional success of Figo and service centers failing to cope with the surge? And where are the new dealerships they announced? Are they up?
This survey is taken for owners visiting dealership during first 12 to 24 months of ownership. So Ford figo's contribution can be seen only in the next year survey.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:38   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
This survey is taken for owners visiting dealership during first 12 to 24 months of ownership. So Ford figo's contribution can be seen only in the next year survey.
Yes, but what I am trying to undertand is- if surge in Figo numbers have strained the service towards all ford models as I have heard from my friends that even before Figo's launch Ford takes a lot of time to service their cars.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

As a Fiat owner, it's good to see that Fiat has improved. At the same time, they still fare below the industry average (everyone does, except Maruti). Hopefully, everyone will improve their position/ratings further next year.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:54   #65
mgh
BHPian

Something is wrong with the so called industry average. If it is 812, how come only Maruti is higher than average that too marginally? Methinks J.D.Power should first learn the basics of statistics before coming out with their so-called surveys.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:06   #66
BHPian

My two cents on the survey results :
  1. Maruti doesn't just sell in numbers, It actually keeps its customers happy. KUDOS!. Guess this is the reason behind unrivalled brand loyalty.
  2. Another great aspect of maruti is that they have been doing it year on year.
  3. FIAT has taken a giant leap and goes to show their dedication.
  4. The difference between TATA and FIAT is down to the reliability of products.
  5. Infact, TATA must be pleased as hell with these results. The new range of Tata vehicles are beginning to take competition head-on and it shows.
  6. The roads still don't end here for TATA though, there still is lot to do and achieve. 5th when your partner is 2nd should give TATA product designers an idea of realm.
  7. Honda is slipping from its position. Is it their snob attitude or increasing product prblems, only time will tell
  8. Hyundai needs to do better to compete with Maruti. They already have good products, what's the excuse?
  9. Toyota, What Happened ? One of the most reliable products is low on customer satisfaction. Weird...
  10. Ford has perenially had higher cost of ownership and very few service centres in semi-urban towns which harms its CSI.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:16   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

The steps that are taken by FIAT in the background is probably paying off. Having met a few owners off late, they seem to be pretty happy with the service provided at least in Bangalore.

Based on this, one of my colleague has gone ahead and booked a Punto MJD emotion (Tucsan Wine)

But FIAT needs to do more & sustain and it will pay off in the long run.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:16   #68
BHPian

The Industry Average Score is meaningless b'coz it is pulled so high by Suzuki alone. If you remove Suzuki, the Industry average falls way below to 780ish levels.

For FIAT to landup so high, the survey must have taken weighted averages w.r.t. sale volumes. The ratio of number of satisfied customers by total cars sold may be high for FIAT and low for Toyota.

In absolute terms the no. of satisfied customers may be higher in Toyota than FIAT.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:30   #69
J.Ravi

Great news. I always feel that the quality of Fiat India's after-sales-service is at par with the market and segment leaders, if not better. The same trend is reflected in Team-BHP's threads on service quality of these brands. I am fully satisfied with the quality of the first and second free services of cara mia Fiat Linea in the last one year.

Old 29th October 2010, 13:43   #70
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

How much of a difference between 746 and 849 - all seem to be within 10-15% of each other?

Maruti has 50% of the sales numbers so the Industry average starts just after it's numbers which are the best.

TATA beats Toyota.
FIAT beats TATA - though serviced at the same dealers.
Frankly overall the lack of major difference in the support levels leads one to belive that Maruti is not that much better than Mahindra Renault, so what's the major hue and cry about X vendors having better service than Y. All seem more or less equally good or bad.

Last edited by ACM : 29th October 2010 at 13:44.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:45   #71
BHPian

This is great news indeed! Efforts taken by Fiat are paying off slowly. I am a happy Fiat customer too. Now I think Fiat needs to put this up in their advertisements. An ad with a mention of top J.D. Power Customer service Rank might help change the mindset of Indian customers.
Old 29th October 2010, 14:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know how these numbers are calculated.

Some of the ratings look ridiculous. There is no way in the world that Fiat can be ranked higher than Hyundai and Tata can be ranked higher than Toyota and Chevrolet.

I don't trust these stupid ratings.

Rohan
Old 29th October 2010, 14:47   #73
PCS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
My two cents on the survey results :
  1. Maruti doesn't just sell in numbers, It actually keeps its customers happy. KUDOS!. Guess this is the reason behind unrivalled brand loyalty.
  2. Another great aspect of maruti is that they have been doing it year on year.
  3. FIAT has taken a giant leap and goes to show their dedication.
  4. The difference between TATA and FIAT is down to the reliability of products.
  5. Infact, TATA must be pleased as hell with these results. The new range of Tata vehicles are beginning to take competition head-on and it shows.
  6. The roads still don't end here for TATA though, there still is lot to do and achieve. 5th when your partner is 2nd should give TATA product designers an idea of realm.
  7. Honda is slipping from its position. Is it their snob attitude or increasing product prblems, only time will tell
  8. Hyundai needs to do better to compete with Maruti. They already have good products, what's the excuse?
  9. Toyota, What Happened ? One of the most reliable products is low on customer satisfaction. Weird...
  10. Ford has perenially had higher cost of ownership and very few service centres in semi-urban towns which harms its CSI.

Guys please remember,
ITS NOT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INDEX (CSI)

ITS CUSTOMER SERVICE INDEX (CsI)

JD Power conducts 3 studies

CSI
CsI &
SSI
Old 29th October 2010, 15:04   #74
BHPian

These are the Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) score for 2010

Maruti Suzuki (819)
Honda (816)
Skoda (812)
Toyota (803)
Industry Average (803)
Hyundai (802)
Chevrolet (799)
Fiat (799)
Ford (798)
Mahindra (786)
Tata Motors (758)
Old 29th October 2010, 15:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.

Honda and Toyota below Fiat. Surprising. But it warms my heart to see Fiat making an effort. I am not too surprised seeing Tata, Toyota, Ford etc. below Fiat. Why? A number of taxi operators operate diesel versions of cars from these manufacturers. Rough use -> more problems -> poorer A.S.S. experience. Anyway, that is my theory.

In the long run, will wish that Fiat continues in the same way.

Most Viewed