Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 13:15   #121

Re: Maruti & Fiat top JD Power Customer Service rankings

Just read this thread. I stay in Mumbai and I used to own a Fiat and now own a Toyota. In terms of quality of service, the difference between the two, from Fiat's point of view, is practically insurmountable. One of the main reasons why I decided to sell my Fiat (Adventure 1.6 sport) which is a brilliant car, is the poor service. I was made to run from pillar to post by both Wassan, Chembur and Shaman without many a recurring problem being solved. Must also mention that Wassan also asked me to change my suspension for a problem which I could tell was with a shock absorber. Luckily a local service guy was able to help me out. Tata Motors, at E Moses Road proved to be better but the service personnel there are always too busy to give the car the attention it needed. I've graduated to a Corolla Altis, but in many ways the Adventure was a far superior car. Yet I have no regrets saying goodbye to Fiat for good. Toyota (Lakozy, Malad) has been phenomenally good compared to any or the Fiat authorised service guys. I think all Fiat cars are really good, but unless you can repair your own car for every single problem, AND service it yourself, my advice, do steer away from a Fiat in India.
Old 19th January 2011, 20:41   #122
BHPian

Of course, surveys like these can only measure perception. And expectation vs. delivery in service could be a big factor.

The high expectations of customers (mostly in the premium category) could have spoiled the show for Toyota .
Old 19th January 2011, 20:54   #123
Team-BHP Support

With the Etios out, I'm sure Toyota is gonna be high up in the next rankings!
Old 22nd January 2011, 20:37   #124
BHPian

Toyota and Chevrolet behind TATA? Hard to believe, really.
Old 24th January 2011, 09:35   #125
BHPian

Isn't it funny that the title is about Fiat, but everyone ends up discussing Tata? I can vouch that their service has improved a lot, with great follow-up and speedy resolving of issues. Our Indigo CS TDi refused to start after we'd just filled up, and these guys were there in minutes (okay, it was on the NH Byepass on TVM and Kulathunkal Motors is about 3km away, but still) and got the car started. Didn't cost a paisa. It was just an airlock, probably because dad ran the car on for too long after the low fuel light came on. They also adjusted the idling rpm, which I didn't realise was set too high. Anyway, the car is now giving better mileage.
Old 10th November 2011, 16:04   #126
Senior - BHPian

Customer Satisfaction & Sales Satisfaction Studies by JD Power

Came across the JD Power 2011 reports on Customer Satisfaction and Sales Satisfaction.
Makes interesting reading. Over to you folks for your views.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 CSI INDIA.pdf (193.1 KB, 1919 views)
File Type: pdf JDP 2011 SSI.pdf (41.9 KB, 2654 views)
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 16:33   #127
Team-BHP Support

Re: Customer Satisfaction & Sales Satisfaction Studies by JD Power

You know what'll make an ever more interesting read? Check this out :
Last year's results -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2122789

Understandably so, Fiat has gone way way down. Guess Chevrolet's product line-up and customer satisfaction initiatives are doing wonders. I really wonder why Mahindra is fairing so bad.

Apart from Honda (+), Chevrolet (+) and Fiat (----) rest pretty much sit pretty where they did last year. Volkswagen has gate-crashed quite well; let's see how well child Skoda brings daddy VW down!

Just for fun, I'm uploading the 2 results for comparison.

2011 Data
The "JD Power Study" Thread-2011.jpg

2010 Data
The "JD Power Study" Thread-2010.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2011 at 18:46. Reason: Putting the 2011 chart first. Some of us got confused :)
Old 10th November 2011, 16:41   #128
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing serious about these surveys. If it had been, it should have done wonders for Fiat.

Honestly, I don't believe in these studies/surveys/reviews. I believe it through my experience .
Old 10th November 2011, 17:34   #129
BHPian

I am not sure about the validity of these surveys.
Especially considering the fact that Tata and Toyota are very close to each other and Toyota is way down.
Toyota should be in the Top 3 IMO
Old 10th November 2011, 17:40   #130
Senior - BHPian

Wonder what forms the base data for these surveys,Toyota and Skoda (personal experience) customers are more happy than what it indicates.

Will be interesting to know why Fiat fell from No.2 in 2010 to 3rd last in 2011

Last edited by shashank.nk : 10th November 2011 at 17:43.
Old 31st October 2012, 13:45   #131
BHPian

JD Power Asia Pacific 2012 (CSI)

Maruti tops JD Power India Customer Satisfaction Study for 13th consecutive year!

Read On - http://autocarpro.in/contents/NewsDe...=1&NewsID=1887

Original Source : JD Power

Last edited by GTO : 1st November 2012 at 19:37. Reason: Adding JD Power as the source
vinair is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 13:55   #132
BHPian

Re: JD Power Asia Pacific 2012 (CSI)

Surprise surprise!!

Look who's languishing right at the bottom - Messrs Skoda and VW!

Perhaps we should borrow a commonplace practice from football - at the end of the season in the league standings, relegate the bottom 2 or 3 to the next lower division!
Omtoatom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 14:01   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Surprise surprise!!

Look who's languishing right at the bottom - Messrs Skoda and VW!

Perhaps we should borrow a commonplace practice from football - at the end of the season in the league standings, relegate the bottom 2 or 3 to the next lower division!
But it is not that others are significantly better. The gap between Maruti and the rest is too high.
Old 31st October 2012, 14:59   #134
Senior - BHPian

Its heartening to see Tata and Mahindra only 1/3 points behind Toyota. Tata+Mahindra keep doing whatever you are doing for longer and the so called Toyota Customer Service myth will be broken once and for all.

BTW, the difference between Honda and Toyota seems to be quiet a large one, is Toyota this bad when compared to Honda?
Old 31st October 2012, 15:09   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
BTW, the difference between Honda and Toyota seems to be quiet a large one, is Toyota this bad when compared to Honda?
Don't look at it as a manufacturer but look at the total sales and the products on offer.

Toyota has the Etios and Liva to deal with which I'm sure are the major cause of the lower score.

Incase of Honda, all buyers are City, Civic, Accord and CR-V which are superior products than the Toyota's.

I'm not counting the Brio and Jazz as during the time the sales numbers for these 2 cars were abysmal. Even then Brio and Jazz are true Honda products and not cheapened down ones like Etios and Liva.

This is a customer satisfaction study with the product and does not reflect the after sales. Basically they survey new owners of cars and ask them what they feel about the car.

My uncle was chosen for the survey when he bought his Skoda Superb. This was after 2-3 months after purchase when the car hadn't even gone for the first service.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed