Team-BHP - What would be your question to the CEO of Mercedes India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What would be your question to the CEO of Mercedes India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/55366-what-would-your-question-ceo-mercedes-india.html)

Yes guys, a colleague of mine has an interview with the Mercedes India CEO early next week and while framing questions for him I thought why not ask my fellow bhpian's what they would like to ask the CEO!

So pour in your questions & yeah, tough, direct questions are allowed too!

My question -- can be reframed to make it more sophisticated

"eh Mamu, Yeh BMW aur Audi teri India mein aur akkha world mein tere products ki aur market value ki waat laga rahele hai -- ab tu kya karega -- haath pe haath dhare market share kahe ko loose kar raha hai mamu?"

translation for those who would not understand the slang above

Dear India CEO,

Audi and BMW are hell bent on ruining your reputation as a premium manufacturer in India and worldwide and you too are not helping yourself by losing on market share as well as reliability of your products -- what are you gonna do to come out of this scenario?

I recently saw a Merc with this garish grill. I have forgotten the model but the grill looks like the one on ANHC. I would really like to ask...

Who designed that aweful grill and has the taste gone down so much at Merc?

P.S.: Many may like that grill. But I really found it ugly.

Why don't you enter compact car segment in India?

I would surely like to know few things:
Ques 1 - Any plans for the A-class?

Ques 2- Updates if any on their supercar after the SLR.

Ques 3- With increasing competition why no focus towards CKD's.

I am taking liberty to post more than one question.
My questions will be :

1) What is the reason for so expensive spares ? What are they made of and where are they made ?

2) What is the reason that your engines are falling behind your competitors ? Look at the BMW N43 ( available in both petrol and diesel variants, designed with twin turbo in mind ). Also in petrol engines you have lost the performance edge.

3) Why so many reliability issues ? Why not a reliable product like the Japanese produce.

4) Internationally Hyundai is making its presence felt in all segments. You are again falling back mainly in powertrain department. Hyundai's R-series engine for diesel and new V8 are threatening your monopoly as refined performers.

1> Mercedes cars were once an epitome of reliability. Now we see a lot of reports on reliability issues floating around some are even personal experiences of people we know. Has there been any analysis in regards to how the brand could see such a quantum negative turnaround in terms of perception. If yes, what would you think could be your top three reasons. Does it have anything to do with the competitors having set new standards on reliability which Mercedes probably now plays catch up with.

2> Does Mercedes see any value in enhancing the ownership experience of the pre-owned customer, which could in turn mean easier resalability and hence more volumes for each vehicle. (Lot of potential Mercedes (even BMW) customers consider these cars as white elephants, and I am sure a far lesser number of customers, in comparison to the total number of customers who can afford these cars, show up at the showroom.)

3> What steps are being taken to see that Mercedes cars last 20-25 years with ease. Or does this attribute, no longer have any importance in Mercedes priorities.

But I dont see this questions as things the Mercedes "India" CEO can answer.

:)
1. Please provide your job tip sir, on how you are still having a job when a 13+ year old company is overtaken by a 3 year old company in India?

2. Can you please justify the increase of C-Class price from around 18L (?) to current 28+L in less than 10 years?

Simple Question -

What do you have to say to the common perception that cars at half the price of yours In India are providing more value as well as reliability than yours?

How would you explain the high cost of your cars vis-a-vis the skimping on equipment as compared to the competition?

What is your take on Benz - India in the future, considering the fact that a manufacturer of reliable cars is not performing so well on the reliability front?

And what's with the price of the spare parts? We could buy new cars at the same price. Any move towards making them a BIT more reasonable?

Besides others, GTO's long term Ownership review has contributed a lot in framing there questions.

Price justification of the product and service?
Reliability issue even after paying premium price for product and service?

Any plans for 1 lakh car?

To add to the reliability issues

1) Why is Mercedes not giving extended warranties on your cars when your immediate competitors are giving these? Is it because you are not confident on the reliability of your products?

Deepu

When do you plan to reduce the price of your cars in india as they are made locally and increased localisation should transform to cheap cars.

Your views on the pricing of the C class, what was the company mindset at the time?
Any plans for introducing fuel efficient cars or bio fueled or electric cars some time soon?
Why can't a Mercedes in India last more than a few years, what has gone wrong with german engineering?
Other companies selling cars at a much cheaper price offer what you offer without the premium and reliability issues, like Honda and Hyundai, your views?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1222065)

Any plans for 1 lakh car?

:uncontrol

Let them first think about a 10 lakh car, then we may ask for a lakh in Year 2050....

Only Question - Why not introduce A class in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpbhatt (Post 1221679)
"eh Mamu, Yeh BMW aur Audi teri India mein aur akkha world mein tere products ki aur market value ki waat laga rahele hai -- ab tu kya karega -- haath pe haath dhare market share kahe ko loose kar raha hai mamu?"

:uncontrol Lol kpbhatt, looks like you were in Mumbai too long or a fan of the Munnabhai series.
Anyways, back to the topic, I too would ask if he had any plans to launch a compact cheaper car for India.