Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2005, 17:08   #16
BHPian

I personally have been only buying Tata vehicles for 6 years now and have had 2 Indicas and an Indigo. One thing am sure is that the company is serious about customers.
During the initial days when most Indicas had suspension problems and fan belt related problems, Tata's replaced equipment worth 25K on all cars for free. My Indica got new ball joints, fan belt system etc. They also realized early that 4 gears are a thing of the past and provided an easy upgrade option to the all 4 geared Indica's.

They have already shown that they are a company with a vision. We have seen the Aria(2 seater sports), Magna(10 Lac Sedan), Sub 1 Lac car and the futuristic van prototypes being developed by this company in such a short span of time. Also the Safari Petrol really fires well.

The company is already a market leader with the Indigo and competes well with the Indica. And the way they are expanding in the international markets with various takeovers, I am sure Tata's are the company to look out for.

PS: I will not be surprised if they extract the cash to bid for the troubled Rover Group.
Old 12th May 2005, 17:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

PS: I will not be surprised if they extract the cash to bid for the troubled Rover Group
well, i believe some secret talks are already en' route on that, my friend....

and hey, i have been a tata cutomer since a long time too, buddy (more than 8 years, to be exact).... good to know that there are guys like us too, nishant.....i mean, tata loyalists...
Old 12th May 2005, 17:28   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
tatas are for people who cant afford much... hope u get it.
Absolutely incorrect. I will buy the Tata Indica (the new turbo version) over ANY B segment car at a budget under 4 lac rupees. As and when I require a small car for the city runabout / rough local use, it will be the Indica.

If the car suits the purpose, why not?

GTO
Old 12th May 2005, 17:32   #19
BHPian

TATA has constantly innovated and upgrade. The first Indicas were nothing to write home about but with every subsequent versions they have improved. The new V2 is miles ahead of the early ones.

That is more than most Indian (and even some MNC) companies do.
Old 12th May 2005, 18:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear that. All this is because of the confidence that they have regarding their products and their customers. I just love their response to the customers even in the showrooms. They just get so attentive to us. I just love that company!

Last edited by Stratos : 12th May 2005 at 18:35.
Old 12th May 2005, 18:24   #21
BHPian

New Tata indica DLS during the day

Vrs at night !
Old 12th May 2005, 18:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey
New Tata indica DLS during the day

Vrs at night !
Wat was that???
Old 12th May 2005, 18:42   #23
BHPian

Now, if only they come out with a souped up indica for the indian markets.... turbo charged with wider and lower profile tyres on big rims with suspension to match...... like the one they were giving Rover in UK...
Old 12th May 2005, 19:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

hey its really good to hear that. good effort made by them to earn respect from customers.

Rev
Old 12th May 2005, 21:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thats really nice of Tata, hope they complement this service with even better cars in the future.
Old 12th May 2005, 21:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulmd
Now, if only they come out with a souped up indica for the indian markets.... turbo charged with wider and lower profile tyres on big rims with suspension to match...... like the one they were giving Rover in UK...
You mean the Indica Sport?

www.cars.msn.co.uk

www.studertuning.ch

Last edited by khanak : 12th May 2005 at 21:33.
Old 12th May 2005, 23:44   #27
Team-BHP Support

I have a close friend who has a indica V2. for the purposes he bought it, it is perfect. he got it for his son who is 18! so I asked him why he chose this over say a palio GTX or some other fun car....his words...
"fun! my son objective for the next 4 years is to finish his engineering! I want to give him a car that will get him around but not make him a 'chick magnet'. the 2 options were a used OPEL Astra but the maintainance cost is too high or the Indica. Besides Tata has excellent serivce so even if my son messes the car they will correct it fast and cheap".

I have driven this V2. It is very unrefined even compared to a Opel Sail. It is diesel version but i am not sure if it turbo or not. are there 2 versions of the diesel V2?

like i said. great service, poor fit and finish, and please refine that engine! the suspension, brakes, etc... are fine.

Last edited by navin : 12th May 2005 at 23:45.
Old 13th May 2005, 00:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is diesel version but i am not sure if it turbo or not. are there 2 versions of the diesel V2?
Ther are two Indica V2 version

one is the original Indica V2 which made wonders for TATA
and second is the NEW Indica V2 which was out last year
Old 13th May 2005, 08:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
tatas are for people who cant afford much... hope u get it.
Its aweful that you have such views about a company that its so much committed to the Indian automobile industry. I know they were horrible when they started making cars. But it has been highly appreciative the way they have come up. The only thing people seem to point out about Tata is that they have poor quality, refinement, etc. However, its worthy to make note of that they do offer fair amount of justice to their customers by having decent prices, low running costs, good a.s.s and deeds like these in addition to their ever improving cars. And thats for a company which has to design and build its vehicles independently from scratch all by their own, unlike the other MNC manufacturers. Don't forget that it was the launch of the Indica and the Indigo had every manufacturer think about the prices that they were offering their products at. Hats off to Tata for doing what it is and making India proud-worldwide!
Old 13th May 2005, 09:24   #30
BHPian

I agree

I fully agree with the over all good opinion expressed here about Tata Motors. Their success is phenomenal.

Ford and GM have 100+ years of car making experience, Honda, Toyota and every other international brand available in India is 50 odd years old.

Had Tata given the permission to make cars ,way back in late 1980s (permisson denied to protect Maruti and HM of Birlas), we could have seen near Honda quality vehicles made by Tata plying not only on Indian streets but also in some dozen odd countries including some developed once.

Most impressive fact about Tata Motors is that they have courage to go out of India and rub shoulders with international brands in a developed country like UK (Rover deal), to take part in international expos, to acquire a mfg facility in S Korea.

Tata is on the right track except the quality. As on today Indica / Indigo quality varies piece to piece and if you are lucky you end up in getting a good piece , otherwise it is a lemon.

Now they have to concentrate on quality and on building Maruti quality service network, that's all.

Last edited by vipulG : 13th May 2005 at 09:28. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks