Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 16:45   #256
BHPian

The reason to postpone the launch of the linea 1.6 is that Fiat wants to phase out the GM gearbox that its using and switch over to a new gearbox which has to be developed.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:00   #257
BHPian

Ajay - As much as 1.4 T Jet is going to be launched is an expectation, launch of 1.6 MJD is/was also an expectation. It has been discussed in this forum that this could be changed at the last moment and magazines are carrying reports that it would be the 1.9 MJD showcased at the AutoExpo.

Until we see what happens at the Autoexpo all of this are mere expectations.

Hence, I am not sure if it is ok to question the need for this thread.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:01   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
So it seems quite likely that the 1.4 T-jet will be available in the Linea, and sooner rather than later.

Is there any chance of the same 1.4 T-jet making it into the Grande Punto too?
Exactly my question too

1.4 Tjet Punto is way more exciting than 1.4 Tjet Linea. I am sure Punto petrol sales can go high if it had the 1.4Tjet.

Last edited by rajivn : 29th October 2009 at 18:02.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:10   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Exactly my question too

1.4 Tjet Punto is way more exciting than 1.4 Tjet Linea. I am sure Punto petrol sales can go high if it had the 1.4Tjet.
1.4 TJet Punto will be the hot hatch to have. Red Punto with a 120 bhp on tap, will be a hoot to drive - Ferrai of hatches.

If the price it within 60K-1L range of current perol model, i will upgrade my Palio. But then i know this wont happen for some time to come. if wishes were horses.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:32   #260
BHPian

The earlier Fiat comes with the 1.6 l the better. Most of the new vehicles might use that version for good. Especially sedans.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:02   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
1.4 TJet Punto will be the hot hatch to have. Red Punto with a 120 bhp on tap, will be a hoot to drive - Ferrai of hatches.

If the price it within 60K-1L range of current perol model, i will upgrade my Palio. But then i know this wont happen for some time to come. if wishes were horses.
There's no way the TJet Punto will be priced only 1L above the current petrol Punto. You have to be realistic. I would be willing to pay 2L more than the current top-of-the-line Punto for a 1.4 TJet Punto.

Think about it.. a 120bhp Punto would be quicker than a Civic or a Corolla. You have to pay for what you get. There's no such thing as a free lunch (or free horsepower).
Old 30th October 2009, 19:18   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visweshkalambur View Post
Ajay - As much as 1.4 T Jet is going to be launched is an expectation, launch of 1.6 MJD is/was also an expectation. It has been discussed in this forum that this could be changed at the last moment and magazines are carrying reports that it would be the 1.9 MJD showcased at the AutoExpo.

Until we see what happens at the Autoexpo all of this are mere expectations.

Hence, I am not sure if it is ok to question the need for this thread.
Viswesh,

Sir, my intent was not to question the need for the thread. It was only to do with the title of it [kindly read my previous post again]. It's to do with the baseless expectations that we can find in the thread.

When Fiat chief had categorically denied any launch of 1.6 on the Linea soon [available elsewhere in this forum from CEO of Fiat India, Rajeev Kapoor himself via a face-to-face interview], do you think it's any value to continue expecting and speculating on it?

The 1.4 T-jet is not an expectation or speculation, it's confirmed for launch in India. You can counter that and still doubt it, but you can put it to rest yourself when Fiat launches it sometime soon.

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
The reason to postpone the launch of the linea 1.6 is that Fiat wants to phase out the GM gearbox that its using and switch over to a new gearbox which has to be developed.
Shantyrocks, you're right and I'm wrong. I stand corrected for the mistake in reproducing the content from AutoCar India. Gearbox issue it is. Thanks for correcting.

Note from Mod : In light of the 1.4 T-Jet being nearly confirmed for India, and no reliable news on the 1.6 diesel, this thread is being closed. Hopefully temporarily!

Last edited by GTO : 1st November 2009 at 14:47. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks