Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 12:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Even though it excites most of us in the forum, it will make very little difference to the aam admi. How many are buying the palio 1.6 against the 1.1 ?
Old 20th March 2009, 13:16   #17
BANNED

when is the 1.6 Linea Diesel expected ?
Old 20th March 2009, 13:32   #18
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum with absolutely useless Honda-biased posts.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2009 at 10:30.
diabloo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th March 2009, 13:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

I don't see any specific threat to ANHC just because of a new engine. Even with the current underpowered engine, the Linea will still do decent numbers (by erstwhile Fiat standards), but still not be anywhere near to the numbers Honda has been doing with the City.

Like e_l said, a few guys here might opt for the powerful engine, but the majority of buyers would be happy with the 1.3l engine. After all, we are more bothered about FE than power, which is something I don't see anything wrong in. And Palio1.6 / City-Vtec etc are good examples of this customer preference.

BTW, if this news is true, it confirms that the guys at Fiat agree with what most tbhp-ians who TD-ed the Linea had to say about the car lacking punch with its current engine.

Add a SX4-diesel also to the equation and the guys at Honda will finally have some work to do to draw in sales. Hmm. Wishful thinking given the lousy guys at Suzuki-India.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 20th March 2009 at 13:49.
Old 20th March 2009, 13:47   #20
BHPian

It would be quite interesting if Linea 1.6 is placed in the next segment - C+.
So it would mean that FIAT will have similar looking cars with perhaps similar features except for the engine - in two segments.

Not sure if there are other manufactures who have similar products in India ????
Old 20th March 2009, 13:56   #21
BHPian

though the new diesel engine is great news, for people who are going for a PETROL Honda city this is not going to make any difference as a petrol head will buy a petrol engine .i wish fiat launches the 1.4 t jet with 120bhp .
the T jet would definitely dent Honda city sales.
so has anyone got any news abut t jet?
Old 20th March 2009, 14:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I don't see any specific threat to ANHC just because of a new engine. Even with the current underpowered engine, the Linea will still do decent numbers (by erstwhile Fiat standards), but still not be anywhere near to the numbers Honda has been doing with the City.

Like e_l said, a few guys here might opt for the powerful engine, but the majority of buyers would be happy with the 1.3l engine. After all, we are more bothered about FE than power, which is something I don't see anything wrong in. And Palio1.6 / City-Vtec etc are good examples of this customer preference.
Rightly said. On the other hand Honda should have launched a version of ANHC with the i-Dsi engine with lesser price tag and that would have done very good numbers.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:03   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Even though it excites most of us in the forum, it will make very little difference to the aam admi. How many are buying the palio 1.6 against the 1.1 ?
This is a ploy to increase the Linea 1.4(?) sales
Old 20th March 2009, 14:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

The 1.6 L engine, if launched, will be more of a competitor to the optra and will enable Fiat to price the linea at least 60-70 k higher if not more. the cost of manufacturing cannot be significantly more than that of the 1.3 , and hence fiat will earn a good margin on this car.

the 1.3 and to a lesser extent the 1.4 petrol is making a good name for the Linea in the market and if they do not mes up the A S S then the 1.6 at a higher price will also have reasonable number of takers IMO.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna
Honda should have launched a version of ANHC with the i-Dsi engine with lesser price tag and that would have done very good numbers.
I would have loved that combo. Infact, I feel tempted to pick up an NHC-iDsi if available at a great price - the looks be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm
It would be quite interesting if Linea 1.6 is placed in the next segment - C+.
The Linea as it is now, is already in Civic-Corolla segment (atleast size-wise).

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 20th March 2009 at 14:18.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would have loved that combo. Infact, I feel tempted to pick up an NHC-iDsi if available at a great price - the looks be damned.

The Linea as it is now, is already in Civic-Corolla segment (atleast size-wise).
I wonder what would be a great price for NHC-iDsi considering the already overpriced petrol version?
Old 20th March 2009, 14:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Externally! Internal space is in SX4 category!
Old 20th March 2009, 14:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact, I feel tempted to pick up an NHC-iDsi if available at a great price - the looks be damned.
Go ahead and do it dude, while you still can. It will be gone in a few months.

I guess if competition gets worse Honda would introduce a 1.2 iVtec with 100 bhp at around a lac less. iDsi - not sure.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:40   #29
BHPian

Is it a better engine?

I have read in multiple posts in this forum and in other places as well, that the MJD was the breakthrough technology and is being praised world over. Does it mean this 1.6 engine is better than that or they are getting and older technology engine just because it is more powerful?
Old 20th March 2009, 14:41   #30
BHPian

Well its a great news to hear ...

Well i hope the diff isnt too much between the current model and 1.6 ( if launched )
But it wont be launching it in near future for sure . It will take time for them to release it .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks