Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I wonder what would be a great price for NHC-iDsi considering the already overpriced petrol version?
Well considering the current ANHC price it should be around 11-12lac.

This is indeed good news for all the people who find current Linea underpowered(including me). But 3lakh premium for 15bhp more is quiet unlikely for Linea.
Fiat cant overprice it and make it available in Civic segment as then they may get a failure. It will be more like 50-75k increase i guess(increase can be more if they also put in more add on features which i suspect they may).

Overall will be a good move to bring th 1.6 one.
Btw i think this will not come in near future. They will try to maximize current Linea sales, then launch GP in may-june, maximize GP sales and then bring 1.6 around sept-oct.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:03   #47
BHPian

1.6 with the GP chassis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
They will try to maximize current Linea sales, then launch GP in may-june, maximize GP sales and then bring 1.6 around sept-oct.
What would you say to the release of the GP with the potent 1.6vgt engine. I have my fingers crossed for just such a release. One year down the line after the warranty period I intend to put in the Ptronic to start my dash to the grave. I am drooling on the torque figures. Can you imagine the torque steer and the tire smoking/shredding potential of this car. I am sure that one can get wheel spin even in 4th and 5th gear as wheel spin in the first 3 gears is a given. All the while getting 17-20km/litre to diesel on the highway.

P-Tronic additional box-units :: power kit ::engine chips :: diesel chips :: power box-units :: diesel tuning :: power box-unit :: chiptuning :: increase engine power :: diesel booster :: TDI tuning :: additional box-unit (NEW)

Last edited by drpullockaran : 24th March 2009 at 23:14.
Old 7th May 2009, 21:21   #48
BHPian

Linea to get more power

Fiat could be introducing more powerful engines for the Linea according to sources. On the cards is a 1.6-litre Multijet diesel producing 118bhp and 30.6kgm of torque and a 1.6-litre petrol that produces 106bhp and 14.7kgm of torque. Both engines could be on sale in India by the end of the year, and a small premium over existing prices can be expected.

Source:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 7th May 2009, 22:33   #49
BHPian

man if they launch the 1.6 diesel I will be kicking myself as I picked up the petrol only cause she was peppier than the diesel.
Will be good though if they bring it in as an option, maybe a sports version
Old 8th May 2009, 10:37   #50
BANNED

IMO, it will take a while for Fiat to launch higher capacity engine in Linea:
  • It'll have to first wipe-off the perception that Fiat Cars are Fuel-hungry. This can only happen if Linea is a runaway success for atleast 9-12 months consistently. Linea iseems to be a success but can we say it is runaway success?
  • Secondly, Higher capacity engine means higher price. Currently Linea prices are comparable to SX4 which positioned Linea as VFM car. Will Linea afford to be priced higher than SX4 so soon? Because if that happens, there will be direct comparison 1.6 engine to 1.6 engine & Prices thereof.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Fiat prices changed!

Blog Archive Revised prices of Fiat Linea

now is this an increase or decrease?
Old 8th May 2009, 16:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

thats old news .Prices were increased from april 1st week
Old 8th May 2009, 19:43   #53
BHPian

[quote=raghavv;1222226]Fiat has launched the Linea with much fanfare and the results have been good too.

Lineas have been spotted undergoing testing by our readers in Pune alongwith Grand Punto on a regular basis and for a car that has already been launched it could only mean one thing, a new engine. The new 1.6 Litre, 4 Cylinder 16 valve engine is a very high tech unit and comes in two varities, a turbocharged 105 bhp unit and a 120 bhp with VGT and more than 300 nm of torque!

We really hope Fiat launches the Linea with this new diesel engine which will make this already very desirable car to an irresistible one. Over to you Fiat!

i think lot of people who were unhappy with the currently underpowered diesel engine would love this news
Old 9th May 2009, 08:40   #54
BHPian

I think Fiat has played its cards right.
The smaller-engines = cheaper price of Linea will bring in good sales numbers (also may give a bit more mileage).
When GP & Indigo-vista are launched , they will take over these engines and Linea will upgrade itself to higher engines.
Old 9th May 2009, 11:44   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Fiat could be introducing more powerful engines for the Linea according to sources. On the cards is a 1.6-litre Multijet diesel producing 118bhp and 30.6kgm of torque and a 1.6-litre petrol that produces 106bhp and 14.7kgm of torque. Both engines could be on sale in India by the end of the year, and a small premium over existing prices can be expected.

Source:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Will the 1.6 petrol be same engine ( used in GTX & petra). Presently the Engine produce 14.7kgm with 100PS, Will they tune the same engine to give more power?
Old 9th May 2009, 11:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
When GP & Indigo-vista are launched , they will take over these engines and Linea will upgrade itself to higher engines.
That's what I feel too. I don't see Fiat launching the GP with a 1.3L in June and upgrading it to a avaliable 1.6L in Jan 10. In all probablity, they may upgrade the Linea to 1.6L sometime between Jan to March next year to take on the new Fiesta 1.6 and leave the GP with the 1.3 which would still leave me with no comparable hatch to my Palio S10
Old 1st June 2009, 13:52   #57
BHPian

IMO, Fiat will not launch the 1.6 anytime this year, reasons being:

A. They have yet to make reasonable profit / sales out of the current 1.3/1.4 and want to keep the FE image which Indian public loves

B. Punto launch is around the corner so all resources will be pushed in for that, and I think if they price it right, it will really rock the segment.

C. A sport varient or similar might come out with a 1.6 engine in 9-12 months on the Linea with a 2 lacs + price tag.

I think the right time and practical time for them to launch the 1.6 would be mid next year when they have something new to offer in Linea and would ahve also learnt the "Linea India" lessons from various experiences and Tbhp, should add more improvements to the 1.6 then merely adding upgraded engine.

If they do launch Linea 1.6 this year with a price tag of 50k extra, then I would be really unhappy , Fiat should think of buying back the 1.3s sold !!! lol..BTW, can one go for an "engine upgrade only"
Old 2nd June 2009, 06:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

At around 2 am today, I saw 2 hatchback versions of the Linea being loaded into a truck on Carter road in Bandra. Is that car already launched?
Old 2nd June 2009, 07:25   #59
BHPian

FIAT gave Linea and its dealers 6 months time to settle down so obviously they will also give GP a similar time before any fresh introductions. So I think that Linea 1.6 may be introduced in early 2010 as a 2010 model.

I agree with point B mentioned above by 'xplora'. As their dealers warm up to provide better A.S.S. and customer's confidence grows, FIAT indeed has the potential of becoming a segment leader due to their "good quality and modern features at an affordable price" factor.
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:18   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
At around 2 am today, I saw 2 hatchback versions of the Linea being loaded into a truck on Carter road in Bandra. Is that car already launched?
I think that is the Grande Punto. I think it launches on June 17th.

Last edited by budmaash : 2nd June 2009 at 09:23.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed