Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 11:41   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep even the current punto & linea seems to look good in almost all colours. It hard to choose which is the best colour for the car. The latest series of advts. too make them drool worthy.
To me, the best combination would be the present Punto's exterior with the Punto Evo's interior, and 1.4 TP/1.6 MJD. Please give me in S10's Canary yellow. With black alloys of course.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
The dilemma is crushing me! I have booked a 1.3 MJD and still probably have the option to cancel it and wait for 1.6 MJD to be launched.

What do I do guys?
If you are not in hurry,then wait for few more months.
Might be released by Last Qtr 2009.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:07   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
The dilemma is crushing me! I have booked a 1.3 MJD and still probably have the option to cancel it and wait for 1.6 MJD to be launched.

What do I do guys?
Plans put on hold till the 1.3 VGT comes, i will book it then & there itself.

I suggest you to wait for the launch.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:18   #139
Senior - BHPian

I guess Fiat will keep the Punto VGT at 86bhp like the Linea and not 90bhp as in the international variants.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:35   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I guess Fiat will keep the Punto VGT at 86bhp like the Linea and not 90bhp as in the international variants.
As per track record of FIAT in tuning their engines they i am also sure that they will take the conservative / tried & tested route of 86 Bhp, instead of tuning the engine differently then the current 1.3 VGT in Linea.

But, i hope that the VGT & increased Bhp will make a considerable difference on the performance / driveability factor of the Grande Punto without affecting the Fuel Efficiency as many of the Linea owners have reported astounding Fuel efficiency figures from the 1.3 VGT.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 17th September 2009 at 13:36.
Old 17th September 2009, 14:24   #141
BHPian

How would the 1.3 VGT improve performance, driveability over the current 1.3 MJD on offer? Any other factors that could improve? Any literature I can refer to in this regard? I have a very hazy idea about VGT and would like to understand this in better detail.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:15   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hey just check by calling FIAT Toll Free No.
They himself told that Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD will be launched in last qtr this year.
I called them and got this info.
Seems TATA CSM were gone for training.But CSM,Chennai is not ready to divulge the details.
But i am squeezing him to get the info.

Lucky you even got through the toll free no - i have tried this 6 times so far after reading your message & each time when i get through to the ring (after long jarring music) those m**** disconnect it.
And here is the jist of my chat with the contact person from Concorde motors whom i called suggesting that am looking forward to book an 1.6MJD - 'Sir 1.6 MJD is not the one that is coming...hold on' - makes me wait & consults someone in hushed voice comes back & says - 'Sorry sir we dont have any information yet on that'

Just dont know - Should i go with the facelifted Honda City or wait for 1.6MJD - Am sure the 1.6MJD (Emotion Pk) will cost similar/bit more in comparison to the 1.5V MT City going by the current pricing of 1.3MJD Emotion Pk - Heart says linea, 'Sirji' says honda - What do i do ?
Old 17th September 2009, 16:52   #143
BHPian

hmm, seems like showroom people Do have some knowledge of the launch.
This means launch is verrrry near.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:53   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
hmm, seems like showroom people Do have some knowledge of the launch.
This means launch is verrrry near.
I am sure 1.6MJD will get launched by end of this year. The showroom / service center guys know that but are tight lipped since this would impact the current (1.3MJD/1.4) Linea sales.

I called the toll free no. and they affirmed that the launch will be by the last quarter.

Come on FIAT. We are waiting.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 17th September 2009, 20:03   #145
BHPian

What's with all the diesel madness. As an Italian company, Fiat should feel obliged to provide us with powerful, high revving petrol engines in both of its new cars. I believe that they have a very nice turbocharged 1.4 engine for the Punto in Europe. Bring it to us!
Old 17th September 2009, 21:26   #146
BHPian

drive a modern diesel to know its virtues

anyways who said they would not be providing with powerful, high revving petrol engines. they are testing their T-Jet engine and it is we who should be obliged for that.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:46   #147
BHPian

Mixed "emotion"s
I was planning to drive home the punto end of this yr, but after going thru this discussion, i might as well wait for a coupla more months and lay my hands on the Punto VGT!
Old 17th September 2009, 23:05   #148
BANNED

i saw a linea with a different set of wheels in bandra the other day. they were the same as the ones available internationally. looked good. dont know if it was the 1.6 version
Old 17th September 2009, 23:15   #149
BHPian

Guys waiting for the engine upgrades on Punto. I am afraid it's not time yet. They have only very recently launched Punto. Give Fiat some time.

The Linea is nearing 1 year, hence this talk of upgrade.

And look, the ANHC also celebrated it's anniversary with all-new interiors, aircon-knobs and price
Old 18th September 2009, 01:17   #150
BHPian

The Engine specification looks good. It will definetly put Punto and Linea on a different node and increase some competition amongst other diesel variants available in the market.

One thing FIAT have to improve on Punto is the Quality of Interiors as pointed out by fellow BHPians.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks