Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Guess 2 Nanos will be needed...one to plonk in the 2.2 VTT, and the other to seat the VVVVIP + bulletproofing .
Very good one.

On the other hand, for people saying this a waste and despising the politicians, would they like to run for office and sort the mess? We are after all a big bunch of complaining people.
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
On the other hand, for people saying this a waste and despising the politicians, would they like to run for office and sort the mess?
And, pray, how does one obtain that all-important TICKET?!
No right thinking, law abiding citizen qualifies, UNLESS you happen to be a professional sycophant bureaucrat or a 'party worker'! Or you must have a criminal record! Now tell me, can we qualify for the posts?
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

I thought we were talking about Bullet Proof cars on this thread not the physical appearance of politicians !
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

This is the first concrete step taken by our politicians to improve security post 26/11. Ironically, the improvement in security is for themselves!
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:40   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

What a waste. If anyone in our country deserves to be killed, it is these bloody people. And they are the ones best protected. What a waste.
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I thought we were talking about Bullet Proof cars on this thread not the physical appearance of politicians !
I think we are talking about the same thing that is written in your signature.

Anyways regarding "The Ticket", one can always contest as an independent or through some platform like the Loksatta Party

I feel we as educated citizens of the country have a duty towards it and if we are going to shirk away, then we also lose the right to complain.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:58   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

The Telegraph, U.K. news report makes some far reaching and hypothetical conclusions. I simply cannot concur with the idea that such non-placement of orders for bullet-proof Ambys will sound the death knell for the great car. After all, hardly 2 to 3 % or even less of the Ambys sold are customised and made bullet-proof. Only a miniscule of our Central and State Ministers are drive in government bullet-proof cars.
The Amby has outlived many onslaughts the last ones being in the 1980's from Maruti, the 1990's newer generation cars and lastly the Tata Indigo that is now sneaking very fast into government purchases.
But the Amby is hale and hearty-We wish it a long long life but with 'state of the art features", including a crash safety test compatible body.And its also hoped that the Amby will do well for the HM 2009-10 balance sheets.
Old 25th March 2009, 05:06   #38
BHPian

The politicians don't need SUV's, they need proper sedans with good handling characteristics so that it can make a getaway if it's attacked. Something like an Audi A8 but cheaper.

The Pajeros and the other SUV's are just gonna tip over.
Old 25th March 2009, 07:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
The Pajeros and the other SUV's are just gonna tip over.
...and wouldn't that be in the overall best interest of the country?!
Old 25th March 2009, 08:26   #40
Team-BHP Support

Had read in some newspaper that the Amby plant is not doing well and HM is losing a lot of money. Could this be a plan on the part of HM to finally phase out the car? With the Pajero, the orders still stay with HM and they sell a much more expensive car.
Otherwise tell me, why did the Govt. not go to Tata for the Indigo? It costs about the same as an Amby, is about the same size, is similar in seating and comfort and has a decent range of engines. I'm sure Tata Motors can bulletproof the car too. What the hell, they could also go with the Safari 2.2 DiCOR. It would still be half the cost of Pajero.
How else can one justify the Govt's jump from Amby to Pajero - a jump of 15 lakhs.
Old 25th March 2009, 09:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
...and wouldn't that be in the overall best interest of the country?!
+1 to that

I hope that happens fast and plenty
Old 27th March 2009, 18:42   #42
BANNED

i distinctly recall bullet proofed ambys being used for several VIPs. (the windshields and side glasses looked thicker).

This is just a ploy for some other intention - like to push the pajero.
Old 27th March 2009, 20:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
This is just a ploy for some other intention - .....
As ALWAYS.
It's a totally different agenda GOI works to!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks