Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 15:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

From the photo it looks like there was NO press photographer but instead an employee or a by stander who has clicked.

The last line of the article says that "OWNER IS ASKED TO RETURN ON TUESDAY AND IS PROMISED A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEMS".

So it means this incident took place either yesterday or before. So we can expect a write up on this in tomorrow's paper and the paper taking the credit as usual for bringing the issue to light and owner getting a solution.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Here we go again,

This man is protesting against the dealer, why does a safari or TATA's come into play.

He would have done it to a Endevour or Scorpio or even an Accord if he had the same issue.
But we dont see them happening a lot. Apart from skoda, you dont see this sort of thing happening to other manufacturers.
Quote:
This guys problem would have sorted out if he was on T-BHP.
Has indian car ownership come to such a point where one needs to have the advice and backing of team bhp to have a satisfactory car ownership experience? Is it not sad that the manufacturer can not do it by itself?
Old 24th March 2009, 15:30   #33
BHPian

The article says - the door was Damaged (not defective) - which contradicts everyones opinion.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

All a stunt, most people behave in this way to seek attantion.

He should be first taken to a psychiatrist as he is harmful to the whole society leave alone his safari, that he can burn in front of his home later.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:32   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The article says - the door was Damaged (not defective) - which contradicts everyones opinion.
The door could have got damaged because it was defective.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, as highlighted earleir, please see a thread of mine titled "GM - Gurgaon - Dealer Inefficiencies".

It is pretty long, but the expericne I went through could have led someone to torch the showroom
Old 24th March 2009, 15:44   #37
BHPian

From the title, I was dead sure it had to be Tanveer...until I entered the thread
Old 24th March 2009, 16:16   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
But we dont see them happening a lot. Apart from skoda, you dont see this sort of thing happening to other manufacturers.

Has indian car ownership come to such a point where one needs to have the advice and backing of team bhp to have a satisfactory car ownership experience? Is it not sad that the manufacturer can not do it by itself?
Visual perception.

Dude, world does not rotate just because you are watching.

Why are we deflecting from facts, we are talking about dealers callousness, where is the manufacturer or the brand entering the discussion on this thread.

Just because no one informs you that he/she is burning or leaving their vehicle at the dealership for some issues, it does not mean no one has problems with other dealers. C'mon get real

Dadu is right, that man needs a psychiatrist for sure.

And about T-BHP,

1) Our 3L Safari Dicor came because of T-BHP
2) My aunt's Quadrajet Vista came because of T-BHP
3) Our Matiz came because of T-BHP

And i am proud that there's no better automotive site like T-BHP on earth.
Old 24th March 2009, 16:54   #39
BHPian

Hahahaha this is hilarious, I thought it was Tsk but then I read the attachment.

Why a skoda owner won't do these stunts is simple, its a more expensive vehicle and Skoda buyers on a larger level are successful businessmen/senior executives who know the system and can manage to pull strings to get their work done well.

Apparently this owner of the safari hasn't quite had a pleasant experience with the purchase.

Well as far as psychiatrist is required, believe you me, Tata vehicle owners need these stunts to be heard. The problem got solved by threatening to torch the vehicle, i doubt any one would have been bothered or the gentleman's story been published if he visited the psychiatrist.

We had a safari iin the family which till 50k kms had 2 overhauls, and one cracked head replacement.

Cheers
M
Old 24th March 2009, 17:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

That is the height of frustration. All these news only makes people think twice before buying these cars.

It was Skoda in another thread ( Harish ) and now this guy who is ready to torch his new SUV.

BTW - If he had torched it, would he have received Insurance ??
Old 24th March 2009, 17:14   #41
F50
Senior - BHPian

Very threatening read! Frustration is clearly visible even from the poor quality pic.

@ Harshal - only 3 pictures? No article? Does mid-day have e-paper of the Ahmedabad version? Please post the entire article whenever it comes - tomorrow, day after etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Why a skoda owner won't do these stunts is simple, its a more expensive vehicle and Skoda buyers on a larger level are successful businessmen/senior executives who know the system and can manage to pull strings to get their work done well.M
Arrey, why buy a car which cost 12 lakhs and yet you dont get attention and still you have to pull strings just to get your car washed? I wonder what all things need to be pulled to get the car repaired.

Quote:
We had a safari in the family which till 50k kms had 2 overhauls, and one cracked head replacement.

Cheers
M
Wow! Thats reliability of the lowest level. Manishbhai, please put up a thread on the same.
But 2 overhauls that too before 50k kms?
Old 24th March 2009, 17:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
All a stunt, most people behave in this way to seek attantion.

He should be first taken to a psychiatrist as he is harmful to the whole society leave alone his safari, that he can burn in front of his home later.
True Dadu, why should he get to the Showroom only and burn it.

He could have atleast sold and given the received amount to some charitable trust and would have got even more publicity.

He needs a Psychiatrist.
Old 24th March 2009, 17:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
He needs a Psychiatrist.
Perhaps, but TML needs QC more than that.
Old 24th March 2009, 17:24   #44
BANNED

Quote:
We had a safari iin the family which till 50k kms had 2 overhauls, and one cracked head replacement.

Cheers
M
seems like your mechanic has taken you for a roller coaster ride.

How much funny can this be, 2 overhauls in 50k kms. Or is it that you have forgotten one "0"

This is the best quote on T-BHP so far.
Old 24th March 2009, 17:26   #45
BHPian

[quote=F50;1228591]Very threatening read! Frustration is clearly visible even from the poor quality pic.

@ Harshal - only 3 pictures? No article? Does mid-day have e-paper of the Ahmedabad version? Please post the entire article whenever it comes - tomorrow, day after etc

Arrey, why buy a car which cost 12 lakhs and yet you dont get attention and still you have to pull strings just to get your car washed? I wonder what all things need to be pulled to get the car repaired.

Wow! Thats reliability of the lowest level. Manishbhai, please put up a thread on the same.
QUOTE]

Car wash is probably an exaggeration of the issue, The link to the article is here. :: The Times of India ePaper :: you will need to navigate to Mirror & select Ahmedabad then browse the online app to go to the right page. Theres no article but just photos and captions.

I don't have a lot of details on the car - safari - the registration was very fancy V 9999 this was the first batch and bought by my uncle, dad used it for a while when one fine day the radiator leaked and left him and mom stranded in the middle of the road with a lot of stuff which was being moved from one house to another.

We had to tow the vehicle to our house, offload the stuff then take it to the mechanic.

The blown head was one of the instances of breakdowns with this vehicle. It was a 1998 purchase, black with gold highlighting and was highly customized on the interiors with leather all over and leather seats.

@ Pavan Kadam - 50000 kilometers & 7 years, it was a headache. The mechanic hasn't taken us for a ride, Tata did. Once it was out of warranty naturally it was our own headache. On the first instance of the cooling system failure, the engine seized, then came the head crack post the seizure which Tata refused to correct (the first overhaul was on Tata under warranty).

The second incident of the engine seizing was due to the head crack. It took three weeks to get a new head from the factory.

A premier padmini gave us far far more headache free ownership experience.
It was completely bling, but a headache.

Cheers.

Last edited by mmmjgm : 24th March 2009 at 17:37.

Most Viewed