Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 12:08   #136
Senior - BHPian

I have a personal score card - I don't take too kindly to being spoken down to, treated like trash et all!

I have - personally - triggered three Superb and five Laura cancellations in the last two days! (letters given!)

I have sent ALL the links on this here forum and elsewhere to everyone I know with a request to forward it onward to everyone else they know - this includes as many media contacts as they may have!

Skoda underestimated the scope and reach of this forum. I am sure between all the members here we have the entire media/PR industry covered!

I have quite a mind to put together at least 20 OWNERS who I know have been REPEATEDLY CHEATED, and go and demonstrate at the local dealership - placards and all. Believe me, they are willing - and they will come with thier cars and a list of individual wrongdoings stuck to it! Perhaps this can be replicated in every city that Skoda operates in. Maybe we can even co-ordinate the date and time to make it a nationwide thing!
Old 28th March 2009, 12:13   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
I would like to try some examples of English usage, guys please correct me I am wrong.
I guess since I started the English thread, I will help you with your English.

Apologies everyone for going off-topic, but you know how much we love the language.

Quote:
Of course, these are only examples of English, and not the reality, as you all already know.
Of course. It's all in the interest of the language.

Quote:
Skoda India instigates it's employees to steal parts from customer cars. Correct right?
It depends.

If I was to correct your sentence I'd remove the apostrophe in the its and add one at the end of customer making it:
Skoda India instigates its employees to steal parts from customer's cars.
But this sentence sounds incorrect to me, it sounds like the Skoda employees get annoyed and steal parts. I am sure that's not what the sentence means to say.

What you could say:
Skoda India encourages its employees to steal parts from customer's cars.
OR
Skoda India turns a blind eye to malpractices towards customers by its dealers.

Both would be correct English. Purely hypothetical situations, of course.

Quote:
Another example here would be, Skoda India is guilty of instigating employees to threaten Indian public, and use illegal means to cheat Skoda Customers by using duplicate spare parts in it's showrooms. Correct?
I'd remove the extra apostrophe again. The correct grammar would be:
Skoda India is guilty of instigating employees to threaten Indian public and use illegal means to cheat Skoda Customers by using duplicate spare parts in its showrooms.

Now the sentence is correct, grammatically - but I am not sure that this is what you want to say.

You see, to instigate somene is to incite them to do something. Often as a retaliation.

Here are 2 correct uses.

The pathetic attitude of Skoda India towards paying customers regarding after-sales services of their products has instigated legal proceedings.
(here instigation means to begin something)

Another example of English:
The lame attempt of Skoda India to threaten India's largest automotive forum with (incorrect) legal parlance has instigated all the forum members to protest vehemently.
Here the action has caused a retaliation.

Quote:
Skoda India falsely implicates it's customers in court cases if they complain that Skoda India is instigating it's employees to steal spares from customer cars, and replace them with Skoda duplicate spares? Correct?
Almost correct. Lose the apostrophes, lol.

What you want to say is:
Skoda India threatens to falsely implicate its customers in court cases if they complain that Skoda India is encouraging its employees to steal spares from customer's cars and replace them with duplicate spares.

Again these are all hypothetical situations, right? We're merely discussing the usage of English as a language. Clearly the advisors at Skoda who suggested that their marketing communications manager post a sentence threatening to "instigate Team-BHP" need that English lesson.

And if you're reading this "advisors". Be advised. You do not need to let us know. We're letting you know.

Team-BHP is pretty instigated right now
and that is no hypothetical situation.

Quote:
Apologies for going off topic, just could not control my sudden urge to clear these English questions. I would be deeply obliged if anybody can let me know if these usages are correct.
No need to be obliged. It was a complete pleasure. You know how much we love English.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 28th March 2009 at 12:15.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:13   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Meghna Choksey of Autobahn is of the Mumbai Choksey Car importer fame. I beleive that she is the daughter of the owner.

Now, I am not sure if she is the same as the PR head of Skoda. I think this is mere coincidence, but at the same time could be an overzealous dealer trying to take things into their hands who has ended up putting their foot in their mouth.
I remember reading about Meghna Choksey in Autocar, the article said she is Director of Autobahn.

Quote from Autobahn.co.in website:

"The highly trained and knowledgeable team of Auto Bahn Group of Companies is led by the consummate Salesman Mr. Haren Choksey, and very capably handled by children Meghna Choksey and Harshil Choksey. This is because the passion for fine wheels is shared by the entire family. And passion engenders perfection! The perfection you will find in the professionalism of the Auto Bahn Group."
Old 28th March 2009, 12:19   #139
BHPian

talk straight

lets talk straight guys!
skoda india is already feeling the heat of opposing customers nation wide through one source TEAM BHP.they thought they would keep cheating the indian customers & the customers wont even realise.i feel sorry for them that they were not aware what is TEAM BHP & to what extent a brand can be made or the brand can be destroyed.one place to come together & show we care for our bikes & car is TEAM BHP.even if they want to accept the fact YES the spares were changed by the dealer & give an apology letter to all skoda customers who have gone through this pain,they cant do it because they will feel very low & its against there ego not rules.SKODA INDIA be ready we are coming.
BHPIAN
Old 28th March 2009, 12:23   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Meghna Choksey of Autobahn is of the Mumbai Choksey Car importer fame. I beleive that she is the daughter of the owner.

Now, I am not sure if she is the same as the PR head of Skoda.
PR person is on Linked in.. Meghna Choksey - LinkedIn

Does not mention anything about being a Director of Autobahn.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:30   #141
BHPian

Team Bhpians

We have spoken. I am starting to act.

I have initiated steps towards filing a class action law suit against Skoda. I have started talking to my lawyers long back. I need people to come forward.

I am putting my cards on the table. I am ready to bear the legal and other expenses to the max that I can. Please do not misunderstand. I do not mean to sound pompous. Anybody who wishes to chip in is welcome.

I propose to hold a press conference in Mumbai, inviting all leading publications, car magazines and anybody of relevance. Suggestions are invited from our members.

I need members affected to come forward. I would like to request them to furnish me on hard copy and soft copy, all relevant documents about their experience including bills, job cards, e-mails, letters, pictures etc. I am willing to make each one's dossier. I will submit it back to them for their approval. Once they approve I can hand them over to the lawyers.

I can suggest some lawyers who are close to me. If Members have better alternative options, we can collectively decide ang go ahead with the lawyer of common choice.

I already have 3 Skoda owners from Mumbai and Pune with me, who are not our members. I have asked them to become a Team Bhpian and they would love to.

Here we go - I propose to start this list and increase it.

1. Harish Kanchan - Nummer Eins - Mumbai
2. Kapiljolly - Continental - Delhi
3. Diffsoft offered to join. Can I have you at number 3 diffsoft ?

Would any other affected Team Bhpian, Skoda owner, like to join ? Would require your presence at the Press Conference.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:36   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda India threatens to falsely implicate its customers in court cases if they complain that Skoda India is encouraging its employees to steal spares from customer's cars and replace them with duplicate spares.
Sam... its HOWLARIOUS!!!!

P.S. Correct me too!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2009 at 00:13. Reason: Please do not post in all bold text.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:46   #143
Senior - BHPian

Harishv , dont know how far you will go , but all the best .
May be we should start a "SKODA QUIT INDIA FUND" , even 10 Rs per person X 40000 Tbhpians will be 4 lakhs and 100rs will be 40 lakhs . We are with you . We will spread the word so that this becomes a cake walk to you .
Old 28th March 2009, 12:48   #144
BHPian

harishv,

Godspeed my friend. We need more people like you all over India if the miserable attitude of establishments (car companies, restaurants, government offices, pretty much everything) towards their consumers id ever going to change. Good to see that you are not a person with the "chalta hai" attitude. If I know anyone who has had a miserable experience with Skoda ( I'm sure I can throw a stone from my house and hit such a person ) I'll tell them to join you. Its going to be a long and painful fight I'm sure but you will be the torch-bearer for all such consumers at least from this forum in the future. All the very best buddy. We are all with you.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:50   #145

first things first, hats off to TEAM-BHPians.it was nice to see so many people come forward to help one of our family.after reading all this,i would be very very scared to even think of buying a skoda.infact we were considering buying a fabia but i dont think we would be doing so in a million years now considering what skoda owners have had to go through.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:52   #146
BHPian

Count me in Harish:

Give me about 10 days to prepare a dossier with all evidence that I have and I will send it to you.

Cheers,
Old 28th March 2009, 12:53   #147
BHPian

Harishv, We are all with you. Although I do not own a skoda and those in the immediate family/ friends have long back sold theirs, if needed I will come to the press conference to support you. Further you can PM me if any help required in this issue. I will try my best to help out in whatever way possible.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:54   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

"SKODA QUIT INDIA ".
SKODA-PODA Movement! (Poda means quit/go away in Malayalam and Tamil)
Old 28th March 2009, 12:56   #149
Senior - BHPian

Don't you dare threaten us!

While I do not know the full facts of the case in question and therefore do not know who exactly is right there is no doubting the tone of that message.

If this Czech manufacturer of cheap cars that misrepresents itself to the people of this country as a maker of premium German cars thinks it can threaten people for having an opinion, they need to think again - a few thousand times.

What you see on this board is the opinion of several thousand members and not that of one entity - so sue us ALL, Skoda. Where do I send you my address so you can sue me?

How many people will you sue? How many mouths will you keep shut?

Don't threaten us, and if you do - be prepared to follow up your threat in full.

Spend more time with your dealers and less time browsing this forum to threaten people that talk about you.
Old 28th March 2009, 12:57   #150
BHPian

Do tell us where and when you will hold the press conference so those of us from Mumbai have the chance of coming even though we don't own skodas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks