Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 23:00   #1606
BHPian

Hey, Can't tell you guys that how happy I'm that I checked out this thread. Just 3 days back my company was planning to give new cars to Managers/Senior Managers and the discussion was going towards Fabia/Swift D/i20 for the Managers and Octy/Civic for the Senior Managers. Tomorrow I'll ensure that the Fabia/Octy are dropped from consideration. Any ways I'd have any day preferred a Swift D over the other two. Now I just need to send the link of this thread to our HR Dept.
At the same time this news is quite shocking. I've so many friends who are totally awed by the new Superb and always talk of getting a Skoda. I seriously can't believe it but now I'll keep away from Skoda for good.Also If somebody I know is thinking about a Skoda I would ensure that he see's this thread first.
Old 28th April 2009, 23:55   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel.honey View Post
Hey, Can't tell you guys that how happy I'm that I checked out this thread. Just 3 days back my company was planning to give new cars to Managers/Senior Managers and the discussion was going towards Fabia/Swift D/i20 for the Managers and Octy/Civic for the Senior Managers. Tomorrow I'll ensure that the Fabia/Octy are dropped from consideration. Any ways I'd have any day preferred a Swift D over the other two. Now I just need to send the link of this thread to our HR Dept.
At the same time this news is quite shocking. I've so many friends who are totally awed by the new Superb and always talk of getting a Skoda. I seriously can't believe it but now I'll keep away from Skoda for good.Also If somebody I know is thinking about a Skoda I would ensure that he see's this thread first.
wow now skoda is losing corporate deals !! they better do something about this soon or they will keep losing business like this. Like it has been said earlier, skoda needs to handle the cases reported here properly and demonstrate they have put in a good processes and practices to prevent such things from repeating again.
Skoda needs to understand, this is INdia, they may win the court case with a good lawyer and some tactics, but if they waste any more time they won't be able to recover from the word of mouth train wreck that has begun for them. You see in India word of mouth can make or break huge companies!

Last edited by jassi : 28th April 2009 at 23:59.
Old 29th April 2009, 00:48   #1608
Distinguished - BHPian

Board policy is very much a matter for the moderators, but I am disturbed by this trend of Skoda maintaining a presence here, but doing it by PM.

This should be a place where, if they wish to remain, they should be publicly accountable, not a place that they can use as they might their corporate telephone connection.

That they have made some effort to address some customers is a good thing, but if they are allowed to use this forum to do that behind the scenes, then I don't know that that fits with the spirit of the forum's independence.
Old 29th April 2009, 04:35   #1609
BHPian

legal notice to team-bhp users? I am really scared :P Reminds me of a emo-icon but it would be too gross.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:24   #1610
BHPian

This article appeared in the Far Easter Economic Review about this phenomenon of companies and organizations in India using heavy handed legal methods to shut the mouths of bloggers and web users.

While it tries to put a positive spin on it, the examples given of the IBM employee and the supreme court decision against a blogger sued by the shiv sena are worrying.

Far Eastern Economic Review | Learning to Live with Bloggers

GTO, I would encourage you to write a letter to the editor of the Far Eastern Economic Review in response to this article, highlighting TBHP's expereince with Skoda.

If you like my help in drafting a heavy hitting letter, please do let me know.

Last edited by Harbir : 29th April 2009 at 17:27.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:38   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
This article appeared in the Far Easter Economic Review about this phenomenon of companies and organizations in India using heavy handed legal methods to shut the mouths of bloggers and web users.

While it tries to put a positive spin on it, the examples given of the IBM employee and the supreme court decision against a blogger sued by the shiv sena are worrying.

Far Eastern Economic Review | Learning to Live with Bloggers

GTO, I would encourage you to write a letter to the editor of the Far Eastern Economic Review in response to this article, highlighting TBHP's expereince with Skoda.

If you like my help in drafting a heavy hitting letter, please do let me know.
very interesting read harbir
Old 29th April 2009, 17:54   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
freaking awesome! SkodaCorporate continues to passively read everything on the forum, try to settle everything hush hush and yet, lack the minimum courtesy to apologize for its incendiary statements.
I seriously think it is time to issue SkodaCorporate an warning that to be allowed to continue any activity on the forum, is HAS to reply in this thread, else face a ban.

latest update, besides PMing people, SkodaCorporate's car has been changed from "Hyundai and Manindra" to "Skoda"

Evo, do not be surprised if you find a legal notice at your doorstep once you give SkodaCorporate your address. speaking of which, doesnt the dealer have your address n his records? cant Skoda ask the dealer for the same? or is the dealer a renegade and Skoda powerless to control him?
money talks blackmagic

thanks to the indian public Skoda is a "premium" brand. This has led to "some" authorized service centers / Skoda dealers to think they are above all customers.

Ofcourse since they make a lot of money "doing what they do" , "success" has got into their head

Some of the posts here especially of the people who went for a test drive and were put off by the attitude of the staff who think lowly of the walk in customer is shocking.

Skoda Corporate / Meghna , Why dont you walk into a Hyundai / Marurti showroom and see how you get treated?

What Skoda India should be aware of and clearly they are not is that this is the 21st century. Customer is king. A bad experience by a customer can be known to millions within a day.

Would always be in awe when I would spot a RS on the road. Now i say "poor guy".

P.S. : Spoke to my mechanic who called me after a few of his customers told him about this thread on Team-bhp. He said he told two customers who were buying a Skoda about this thread. They quietly went and booked an Altis and an Accord
Old 29th April 2009, 21:41   #1613
BHPian

PM from skoda corporate

I too got a PM from Skoda Corporate few days back. I recieved a call and an email after that. Although something is better than nothing, I don't see things improving in a jiffy. The call came from the Bangalore office. I didn't know they had an office in Bangalore too. I am waiting for them to reply to my mail.
Old 29th April 2009, 21:51   #1614
BHPian

Thank God for the fact that I noticed this thread. I am just back from UK and was planning to go for Octavia. I just can not believe the shoddy treatment meted to Harish - it is eye-watering story. Maybe a topic for award winning documentary film based on true story.

Now I am going for either Honda or Toyota.

Also today I have shared this info with my senior office colleagues and they are also surprised. Looks like Skoda will loose at least 2 other customers in very near future.
Old 30th April 2009, 11:17   #1615
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
but if they are allowed to use this forum to do that behind the scenes, then I don't know that that fits with the spirit of the forum's independence.
Thad, we will allow Skoda Corporate to ONLY send PM's which are in relevance to solving customer grievances. The said members will post their experiences up on the forum.

However, they are well aware that there is strictly no marketing activity allowed on the forum, via PM or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
Fantastic read. Thanks, I will drop an email to Mr. Tripathi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
Ofcourse since they make a lot of money "doing what they do" , "success" has got into their head
I'm afraid this success won't last long if their after-sales continues with its shoddy standards.
Old 30th April 2009, 11:32   #1616
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
Thank God for the fact that I noticed this thread. I am just back from UK and was planning to go for Octavia. I just can not believe the shoddy treatment meted to Harish - it is eye-watering story. Maybe a topic for award winning documentary film based on true story.
To be fair, Bangalore is okay since vinayak are pretty good, their standards are high and they tell you before replacing any high value component. The concern areas are

1: High prices of parts and 2: Poor treatment of customers who went to shoddy dealers

Parts prices should come down else importing direct is a lost cheaper. Second point is not an issue unless vinayak turn rogue!
Old 30th April 2009, 12:40   #1617
Senior - BHPian

GTO
I think we might be over estimating the "damage" done to Skoda.

This is India. India is primarily comprised of unaware and prejudiced customer.
Of course there is a small minority which does not belong there, but then most do.

Ever heard about educated ppl making a dent on Indian Politics?
No. The same goes on here.

As long as Indian customers value the Skoda brand as a "premium" "luxury" brand, and as long as they see the "snob value" in purchasing a white elephant, they will continue to do so.

A very small percentage is cold calculating rational decision making public, which will look for reviews on internet boards. Most will either ask friends or colleagues, or relatives (who are themselves actually unaware). Some even take advise of the dealers (blasphemy!).

... and guess what - everyone of them is gonna tell the same story - Skoda is a sturdy looking luxury car having a big snob appeal in India.

PS: A point in case here: Most of the used Skoda Octavia's of yesteryears (say from 2003 to 2005) are sold in rural markets. The purchasers know that maintaining a Skoda is gonna be a big pain. (Lack of service center workshops, lack of spares, high maint cost, unreliable failing parts on diesel octavias).
Yet they purchase these vehicles.
... again for the same reason - SNOB appeal.

Last edited by alpha1 : 30th April 2009 at 12:45.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:37   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thad, we will allow Skoda Corporate to ONLY send PM's which are in relevance to solving customer grievances. The said members will post their experiences up on the forum.

However, they are well aware that there is strictly no marketing activity allowed on the forum, via PM or otherwise.
Good enough for me

alpha1; The forum can, successfully, be a thorn in the side to Skoda (or any other company). That is proved by the fact that they chose to respond and to meet with members of the team. Most publicity, in the form of newspaper or magazine articles, stays around a day or to, or a month, and is forgotten. Team-BHP can apply pressure much more effectively, having to worry about neither sales nor advertising revenue.

What you say about the niche market of Skoda is true, but that it is a niche manufacturer means that every sale counts. Take the number of sales lost reported in this thread, and Maruti or Tata might not notice much; Skoda will.
Old 30th April 2009, 15:52   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
Skoda Corporate / Meghna , Why dont you walk into a Hyundai / Marurti showroom and see how you get treated?
Well.. Wonder why she has a Hyundai instead of a Skoda, though she is being a bit coy about admitting it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
latest update, SkodaCorporate's car has been changed from "Hyundai and Manindra" to "Skoda"
Old 30th April 2009, 15:54   #1620
BHPian

Ref:skoda Senior Management Visit

TO
GTO,
I have today read regarding your meeting with Mr Kuehl and other officials from Skoda.
I have been following the story for some time now and it seems Team BHP's relentless Skoda bashing(backed by genuine cases) has finally yielded results.
I fully agree with the feelings and thoughts of many Skoda owners who've given vent to their angst through Team BHPs pages.
It is only Team Bhps relentless pursuit of the cases that made Skoda top brass to take note.
I hope justice is done to those caught in the web of dishonest dealers , thanks to BHPs efforts.
Being a Fabia owner , I must however add that my experience has been free of any problems so far.(purchased in 2008 Dec-1.2 ambient)
Let me conclude by saying keep up the fantastic work.
Best wishes
Jagdish Pai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks