Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 12:59   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No need to be obliged. It was a complete pleasure. You know how much we love English.
Sam, I am beginning have a new found love for English language. Thank you. this was most enlightening.
Btw, can i get sued for liking English?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 28th March 2009 at 13:10.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:03   #152
Senior - BHPian

Amazing! Just amazing is what Skoda has done. I really don't know what they have been thinking but this is really crazy.

I am never going to buy a Skoda. EVER.

The Superb had really impressed me. I wouldn't take it even if Skoda gave it to me for free.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:06   #153
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to team-bhp Meghna.

Hope you have a great time here, just don't tell anyone you are associated with Skoda service.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:09   #154
Senior - BHPian

This is really funny to say the least. From day one i have been cribbing about Skoda's operation in India.

1. They give underpowered engines compared to competition.

2. Their dealer-sales officers boats about FE figures Sir 20+ in city deti hai. Where as we have 1 in family and we have never been able to achieve more than 17 in city without AC.

3. Their A.S.S and customer satisfaction is zero.

4. Their dealers sells after market ECU upgrades (Petes) and then they have guts to tell the customer warranty is void.

5. Their cars are handle with care when its raining. Very fragile to water.

6. Cost of their parts are Sky high.

7. Laura and Superb have loads of problems starting from the 1st week itself.

8. Their Toll Free number are always busy (what i heard from others).

The list continues...

I can go on and on about cribbing about Skoda India Operations.

Who gave ya right to Instigate us ? This is an open forum. We discuss about anything from Politics to household, Audio to Video, Cars to Bikes. We put our opinion in front of other members and respects others opinions.

Cheers.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:13   #155
Senior - BHPian

A simple piece of advice to the folks at Skoda. "Don't bite off more than you can chew".
Old 28th March 2009, 13:17   #156
BHPian

class action suit

1. Harish Kanchan - Nummer Eins - Mumbai
2. Kapiljolly - Continental - Delhi
3. diffsoft - Tafe - Bangalore.

Am I right about the dealer diffsoft?
Old 28th March 2009, 13:18   #157
Senior - BHPian

Meghna,

Shooting thyself in the foot... I hope in your MBA lessons they taught you that there's nothing like word of mouth publicity and its especially true in India where car buying is the second most expensive purchase decision after a house ... did you not learn from the mistakes of Fiat. They are still struggling even though their cars are priced lower and are far better value for money than any of yours.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:20   #158
Senior - BHPian

A mole - subversive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
GTO, thanks for copying my small contribution over to this thread.

I feel that we should emphasise that the door is not shut to Skoda. They have done a huge amount of damage, and that cannot be swept away. It is like in the home when violence happens, the relationship may be patched, but 100% trust can never exist again.

As I said before, this missive from Skoda was absolutely jumping into the nasty smelly stuff with both feet, and the smell is pretty hard to wash away. Regardless of whether it is fair now, or will be in the future, people are still telling me never to buy Fiat because of stuff that happened long before I even came to India. Mud really does stick fast.
Jumped here from the 'other' thread. Reading all the other posts created a little worm of doubt in my head. Thad's post (quoted) made it jump out and hit it in the face!

This 'meghna' and 'Skoda Corporate' are covert operatives. They have been sent by Skoda's enemies, that is why they have shot Skoda in the foot, displaying the classic symptoms of the infamous 'foot & mouth' disease, or is it 'foot in mouth', I am not sure I know the difference.

I am glad. I thought that the fall of the iron curtain had rung the death knell on one of my favourite genres of fiction - the cloak and dagger, spy master, subversive acts against enemy, covert operations behind enemy lines, mole, sleeper etc. stories. Spy vs. Spy is still a favourite!

The only question is who is the real 'master' behind this 'meghna'. Any guesses?

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 28th March 2009 at 13:35.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:21   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
A simple piece of advice to the folks at Skoda. "Don't bite off more than you can chew".
Too late, Vikram!
They already have.
They are going to take a serious DENT for this and their airbags ain't gonna help here!
Right now they're in a hopeless SKID!
Old 28th March 2009, 13:24   #160
Senior - BHPian

i stopped a cousin of mine in kerela from buying a laura. i will continue this social service in future too. megna, will you sue me for this too?
Old 28th March 2009, 13:25   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Too late, Vikram!
They already have.
They are going to take a serious DENT for this and their airbags ain't gonna help here!
Right now they're in a hopeless SKID!
Just hoping they will not try it again.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:26   #162
BHPian

i have never posted anything on this website but i am a regular visitor with this site since i share the same passion for automobiles as every BHPian does. But after going thru Mr. Harish`s case i had to post my view.

Now coming to the topic:

i am very well aware of Harish`s case as he has posted every detail of his ordeal with the skoda "thugs". Its sad that this has happened to you. Its not a bloody 2 lac maruti 800 or some people`s car. its a 1.2 million rupee car and it better be worth the money. I personally will do everything i can to make people aware of this case and bring this into public view. This case could have been so easily resolved by writing an apology letter by skoda people to Mr. harish and offering a new car and a handsome compensation but, instead they threaten the BHPian and other who are supporting Mr. Harish in voicing his concern.

@ Mr. Harish: i am with u man.

@ mods: I think we should remove the red spoka octavia picture on the right top corner from the TeamBHP`s home page.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:28   #163
BHPian

Some thing same kind of Thread was running in this forum around 1 Yr back. Honda dealer sold a damaged car as new to a fellow T-Bhpian. He too filed a case against HONDA and the dealer... Dont know what happened later.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:39   #164
Senior - BHPian

Hi Skoda corporate,

I want to buy skoda superb in near future.
But reading after all this, i need to hear skoda side so that i can judge who is right or wrong. After that, i will make my mind to own skoda car.
As you have suggested in your post to call customer care about further clarification, i have called the tele no but i heard the tape of "this tele no is out of service". I have not mailed my query yet but you can take this post as official query.
please, pm me if you want to share skoda side in this case with future customer.

BTY, you have not introduced yourself. As this is car forum, just curious about new member, what do you drive? skoda?
Do share your experience about the car, handling, after sales service etc[ You can share this with new thread].
Do read on board rules and enjoy the forum.

this is repeat post of mine which is in another thread also.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:43   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Jumped here from the 'other' thread. Reading all the other posts created a little worm of doubt in my head. Thad's post (quoted) made it jump out and hit it in the face!

This 'meghna' and 'Skoda Corporate' are covert operatives. They have been sent by Skoda's enemies, that is why they have shot Skoda in the foot, displaying the classic symptoms of the infamous 'foot & mouth' disease, or is it 'foot in mouth', I am not sure I know the difference.

I am glad. I thought that the fall of the iron curtain had rung the death knell on one of my favourite genres of fiction - the cloak and dagger, spy master, subversive acts against enemy, covert operations behind enemy lines, mole, sleeper etc. stories. Spy vs. Spy is still a favourite!

The only question is who is the real 'master' behind this 'meghna'. Any guesses?

Cheers,
This warrants a second look by the technical team here. I still cant believe the stupidity and naivity of the way this case has been handled.

Most Viewed