Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2009, 14:06   #1711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100@2.7sec View Post
Dear Customer,

In continuation to our earlier mail, ...
Thanks & regards,

Syed Yaser | Customer Care
ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd.

501, Wing A, Signature Towers, South City | Gurgaon- Haryana | India | Tel: +91 124 335 1314
yaser.syed@skoda-auto.co.in | Homepage ?koda Auto - | Untitled Page

This is what happens when you buy a SKODA product.

I will make sure non of my known people buy any skoda product.[/quote]

This is more than just shocking. To even think of buying a producte from a company which can resort to such petty means would be encouraging more of similar behaviour.
I am sure there are a number of prospective skoda owners on this forum. Anyone who goes through this forum or this thread trying to decide on buying a skoda MUST drop the idea. Just cant let companies like these get away with such acts.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2009 at 15:29. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 10th May 2009, 20:01   #1712
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Customer,

In continuation to our earlier mail, with reference to your concern regarding the AC of the car, we are given to understand that the 50 % of the cost of Compressor has been approved under warranty as a good will as the car is out of warranty and the same has been informed to your good self. We regret to inform you that we cannot assist you further in this regard.
This is the 'nth time that I am seeing this type of Skoda complaint. Typically, the dealer never arrives at the root cause of the problem, until the Octavia / Laura runs out of its warranty period. Then, voila, they get straight to the point and want you to pay for the part.

Planned delay in diagnosis!
Old 10th May 2009, 20:28   #1713
BHPian

Quote:

In continuation to our earlier mail, with reference to your concern regarding the AC of the car, we are given to understand that the 50 % of the cost of Compressor has been approved under warranty as a good will as the car is out of warranty and the same has been informed to your good self. We regret to inform you that we cannot assist you further in this regard.
The tone of the response appears as if Skoda is doing a favor by giving a 50% discount on the list price and terming it as a goodwill gesture.

In the above case it would have been extremely simple and easy for Skoda to go through the service records and arrive at the right conclusion that the compressor change was overdue much before the expiry of the warranty,

Maybe they have a process and incentive system whereby respective managers have to limit the "spend" on warranty replacements, leading to the win-win situiation for the comapany and the employees, while only looser is the poor customer. Actually the biggest looser is the brand which Skoda is not able to or willing to realize so far.

Regardless of the performance and the reasonably good service I have enjoyed so far with my Laura, It is extremely difficult for me to recommend the car to anyone and even when I do so, it is with a lot of disclaimers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2009 at 02:55. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 10th May 2009, 21:10   #1714
BHPian

If you look thru the other cases mentioned in this thread, this has exactly been the modus operandi. They delay / refuse to acknowledge the fault till the warranty is over. Once it lapses, they try to get the customer to pay the entire amount.

If the customer objects, or goes to the higher authorities, then they offer to waive off half the price as if they are doing a great big favour to the customer.
Its a win win situation for them. Either 50 or 100 % profit. Customer be damned.

Not just that, they might just as well replace (steal) some working parts off your car, replace it with a faulty one and try to pull the same trick.

Has happened before, wouldn't be surprised if there would be many many more cases which have not come to light.

There is a word to describe people like these. Cheats.

Last edited by toiingg : 10th May 2009 at 21:13. Reason: punctuation
Old 10th May 2009, 22:36   #1715
BHPian

Moderators after going through this thread, I strongly believe that the pic of the Skoda on the forum page should be removed.
The question that pops into my mind is - Why is TBHP advertising the Skoda despite so many complaints??
Why not have a poll amongst members on its replacement
Old 10th May 2009, 23:52   #1716
Distinguished - BHPian

If a fault is reported within the warranty period, it should be fixed under warranty, even if the fix does not happen until afterwards.

That's my view --- and it was the view of a VW dealer in London when I raised a concern, over ten years ago.
Old 11th May 2009, 08:57   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post

Moderators after going through this thread, I strongly believe that the pic of the Skoda on the forum page should be removed.
The question that pops into my mind is - Why is TBHP advertising the Skoda despite so many complaints??
Why not have a poll amongst members on its replacement
If you did read through the thread, you would have seen the mods answers to your question. They have been answered countless times before.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:10   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
If you did read through the thread, you would have seen the mods answers to your question. They have been answered countless times before.
But isn't it time yet to review the situation?
Old 11th May 2009, 09:11   #1719
BHPian

Harish's woes in Business Standard today

Folks,

Read this in Business Standard today. Make or mar brands in cyberia

In the print edition in Bangalore it came with a photograph of Fabia - it is clear that Skoda's misdoings will be made aware to a wider and more discerning audience.

Someone needs to tell Skoda what we were taught in school: "Pride goes before a fall". Skoda has already fallen 50% in sales in the first quarter of 2009.

Cheers,
Old 11th May 2009, 09:13   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
If a fault is reported within the warranty period, it should be fixed under warranty, even if the fix does not happen until afterwards.

That's my view --- and it was the view of a VW dealer in London when I raised a concern, over ten years ago.
Thats what would be the ethical thing to do for any company.

Y'never know, maybe this is some kind of marketing strategy that they have planned and implemented nationwide to make profits. They might just be having brainstorming sessions to invent newer ways to con the indian consumer.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:50   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is the 'nth time that I am seeing this type of Skoda complaint. Typically, the dealer never arrives at the root cause of the problem, until the Octavia / Laura runs out of its warranty period. Then, voila, they get straight to the point and want you to pay for the part.

Planned delay in diagnosis!
There has been so many such complaints against Skoda but readers might not have the time/patience to read thru 100+ pages to realize that. Is it possible to have a document (Word or Excel), where all these complaints are documented with name, date, summary and current status? This document can then be parked in the relevant section as a sticky. People researching Skoda can then get an accurate snap-shot in one go.

Just an idea.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:20   #1722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Folks,

Read this in Business Standard today. Make or mar brands in cyberia...
Quote:
When contacted, a Skoda India spokesperson said: “We understand the importance of social media and view it as a very important medium for gaining valuable feedback about our brand. We track a whole host of blogs, online news portals and other social media sites to see what is being said about us, so we can address customer queries and concerns effectively… We have a robust customer care service that replies to threads on forums and blogs where customers have a specific query. By doing that, we are showing the customer that we want to engage and appreciate their feedback.”
Looks like they are talking out of their marketing-department orifice!
Old 11th May 2009, 10:38   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
But isn't it time yet to review the situation?
True. But, the vRS parked on top of the forum is still a very good drivers car. Secondly, the mod team has repeatedly said that they will change the image.

If you cannot bear the thought of looking at it, simply adblock it.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:47   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Looks like they are talking out of their marketing-department orifice!
LOL and with an upset stomach!
Old 11th May 2009, 11:44   #1725
Senior - BHPian

@GTO and other mods, have you guys heard from the top bosses of Skoda ?

Because if Thomas Kuehl himself came down to meet you guys it must be prety serious (at their end), and even if he coming and meeting you and post that NO action has been taken is a very serious thing.

I would think on these lines 'if the top bosses at skoda can't change them a customer definately can't do jack about it.

Its a v sad thing, i am OFF skoda completely. My friend was about to buy a fabia, and i just gave him this link he is NOt buying the fabia and he has a octavia, is planning to sell it off.

cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks