Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 13:48   #166
BHPian

But if this 'Meghna' and 'Skoda Corporate' are really Skoda staff...I wish you all the luck in retaining your job!

It should be easy to verify if they have joined TBHP using their corporate email ID's which I highly suspect.

Also the IP from which TBHP registrations and posts came should help. I'm not sure whether corporate IP assignments are made public in India yet.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 28th March 2009 at 13:51.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:49   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I still cant believe the stupidity and naivity of the way this case has been handled.
....and is there GOOD reason to believe that Meghna types are not our true blue desi stereotypes?
The fatal mistake this one made was to threaten to 'instigate' T-BHP and all members in the court case, LOL!!
Old 28th March 2009, 13:58   #168
BHPian

Quiet people. Do you know you can be sued for libel for 'instigating' others not to buy Skodas?

OT: When I grow up I want to be a Skoda PR guy.
PS: I am 40 now.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:00   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Let me also release a FIRM PUBLIC WARNING to Skoda Corporate : If you attempt to threaten ANY Team-BHPian, your account will receive a permanent BAN. And yes, if you want to sue me for speaking the truth, be my damn guest.
Hi, GTO,
I wholeheartedly appreciate your stance. You talk like a man. Do now cower yourself (you as a person and Team-BHP as a whole). It's time these companies listen to the customer. Giddy-up.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:11   #170
Senior - BHPian

I am very happy to see TBHP stand up 'aloud' in protest and as such Iam happy to be part of this forum. I pledge to support any noble and honest cause that TBHP takes up.
The attitude that Skoda is simply pathetic. I hope other car manufacturers learn from this episode. There is nothing to be gained by harrasing a customer, but bad publicity.

I am sure a lot more people will get vocal after reading Harish's episode of agony and pain. It serves right to take up such a cause on any public forum.
No one deserves to go through such humiliation and pain after paying a premium for something not really premium anywhere in the world.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:14   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Let me also release a FIRM PUBLIC WARNING to Skoda Corporate : If you attempt to threaten ANY Team-BHPian, your account will receive a permanent BAN. And yes, if you want to sue me for speaking the truth, be my damn guest.
GTO, that one sentence has said it all. Many thanks and we are all with you.

Ms. Meghna/Skoda Corporate - You probably realise by now that you stirred up a hornets nest and put off, may be even permanently (like me), potential buyers of the Czech 'premium' brand called Skoda or even VW for that matter. I think Skoda and its dealers' business ethics and customer care are disgusting.

Rgds,

Last edited by R2D2 : 28th March 2009 at 14:16.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:15   #172
BHPian

While I am 100% with all the Team BHPians in condemning the malpractices that Skoda India has been up to, I must say that I am a bit disappointed with the way that most people have personally attacked the Skoda employee. If you read her post again, it seems clear that she has been instructed by her supervisors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.
We must all have had bosses at least once in our careers who don't analyze the situation clearly and order us to do something silly as a knee jerk reaction. And who knows? The Skoda employee might have been instrcuted by a 'wise. old man' who has no idea how to even boot up a system (and hence has absolutely no idea about the power of the internet). So while I join all Team BHPians in shouting profanities at Skoda India, I request everyone to think twice before making personal attacks.

Cheers!!
Old 28th March 2009, 14:16   #173
Senior - BHPian

I have never been a fan or an airconditioning unit of skoda.
All their cars are

Tiresome Overrated Yawnmobiles Or Tedious Appliances.
and moreover,Horribly Overpriced Nonsense Dorky Automobile.

Last edited by sidindica : 28th March 2009 at 14:20.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:23   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
If you read her post again, it seems clear that she has been instructed by her supervisors.

We must all have had bosses at least once in our careers who don't analyze the situation clearly and order us to do something silly as a knee jerk reaction. And who knows? The Skoda employee might have been instrcuted by a 'wise. old man' who has no idea how to even boot up a system (and hence has absolutely no idea about the power of the internet). So while I join all Team BHPians in shouting profanities at Skoda India, I request everyone to think twice before making personal attacks.
Am I reading right? Ever willing to forgive!
Where are your ethics, man? Try telling me as a boss something that is plain wrong wrong wrong and see what you get to see!
Is it not this very characteristic of ours that Skoda is hoping to exploit?
Life HAS to be lived with some PRINCIPLES as the guiding light.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:29   #175
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned before
What is the Red Octavia RS doing on top??

Ours must be the only market in the world that considers Skoda to be a premium brand. In other markets this is nothing but a VFM Czech brand that sells cars based on older VW platforms.
What made Skoda a hit was the fact that this was the biggest 10 lac car with a decent diesel engine, the only competition it had was an already outdated Lancer. Skoda must've been surprised at the goldmine they have struck in the Indian market and are still reaping rewards. One of the main culprits are other car makers who still cant muster a decent rival to the diesel Octavia despite seeing the nos. its been doing for more than half a decade. What is Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi thinking...
Skoda despite this success hasnt shown any commitment to the market. All they do is bring in kits, assemble them, sell it to unsuspecting folks and send the profits back to Czech, yea and also let the dealers take care of the after sales.
They havent invested in India as a production base, no market specific models, no export cmmitments from India,
It looks rosy for them now, but ones the word spreads people will ask Skoda to shove their 7lac Fabias up

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2009 at 20:08. Reason: Lets not use abusive language please
Old 28th March 2009, 14:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Suggestion no 1. Lets remove the red Skoda from the header. The only respect I developed for Skoda was after seeing fans of Laal pari on T-Bhp, but now I only sympathies.

T-Bhp is sound of hundreds and thousands of people from all walks of life. No one should underestimate the strength of our forum.

If a company is doing wrong they just cant force people to keep their mouth shut. Please will start on other reviews site like mouthshut and all, make communities on Orkut and facebook like "I hate Skoda" or "Skoda Poda" or "Red chaddi for Skoda" etc.. People will make signatures about this and not only on this forum but everywhere.

Who all will you sue. People speak not for nothing (Is it correct English??) A car company fighting with its current and prospective customers (now gone), what to say..
Old 28th March 2009, 14:31   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Am I reading right? Ever willing to forgive!
Where are your ethics, man? Try telling me as a boss something that is plain wrong wrong wrong and see what you get to see!
Is it not this very characteristic of ours that Skoda is hoping to exploit?
Life HAS to be lived with some PRINCIPLES as the guiding light.
Boss is always right... havent you heard that.

What raises my suspicion is the customer care Id given by the scorporate?
Quoting an old thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...l-address.html

And before anyone flames me, I am not taking any sides just looking at things objectively.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 28th March 2009 at 14:34.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:34   #178
Senior - BHPian

I agree with leodelg. If my boss asked me to make a downright stupid/wrong statement as myself. I wouldnt.

But if he asked me to post here , on his behalf, some utter nonsense, and if it were my job, I would , provided I had concrete proof that I was acting based on what he said.

Guys, dont shoot the messenger. leave these poor minions of skoda alone. Go after the big fish

Skoda support may be outsourced to misupport( a very appropriate name, isnt it ) . these very ID's are listed here Skoda Auto - Skoda Contacts

Last edited by greenhorn : 28th March 2009 at 14:40.
Old 28th March 2009, 14:36   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Boss is always right... havent you heard
Sorry, having been boss for over two decades, maybe I'm forgetting something!
Fry your principles in oil? Sycophancy? ANYTHING to hold on to the seat?

Just what is it you are saying?
Old 28th March 2009, 14:41   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Horribly Overpriced Nonsense Dorky Automobile.
it is a HONDA !!
sorry for this PJ in a serious thread !

Most Viewed