Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:11   #1816
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
30 plus days since Skoda met us and there seems to be no movement from Skoda's side. I think evo's case was also badly handled by Skoda.
Sad but true. Except for some customary PMs to some complaining members, I don't see anything concrete out of Skoda. They had better act soon else, I'm afraid, the publicity on this issue will only spread further.

Cheating your customers, and then doing nothing about it, is just bad business. Plain & simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
On the other hand they sure are going full bore in the Press - check out the latest (20th May) Wednesday supplement of Zigwheels with the Times of India - a positive review of the Skoda Yeti and an ad of the Fabia. Absolutely no mention of these problems in the Yeti review, which I am sure will also be known to the Press fellas.
Have you seen zigwheels say anything negative about any car?

Quote:
if you can't fix the QA issues, just fix the PR!
A short-term fix at best. On a lighter note, Team-BHP has given them all the PR they could ask for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Great going skoda but this photo shoot wont help you in selling your product with crap service
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
you need to still keep in mind that. Skoda directly probably is not responsible.
The customer places his belief in the brand, not the dealer. It is the company's responsibility to recruit the right dealers and ensure - with disciplinary action - that the dealer takes care of its customers. Skoda's case is first a management failure, and then the dealers.
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:04   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sad but true. Except for some customary PMs to some complaining members, I don't see anything concrete out of Skoda. They had better act soon else, I'm afraid, the publicity on this issue will only spread further.
Skoda's behavior of promising to make amends and then doing nothing just goes to confirm Skoda's intent of "I don't care for you after I have sold the car".

At one level the market has responded by giving Skoda fewer and fewer buyers - they are 50% down in sales this year.

On our part Team BHP has done our best by bringing this to Skoda's notice while informing as many customers / prospects as possible. If Skoda does not wish to listen their own arrogance will stunt their growth.

Cheers,
Old 22nd May 2009, 18:05   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Have you seen zigwheels say anything negative about any car?
Never ever. It's a waste of newsprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsksnt View Post
Does it make sense to reach out to existing Skoda owners casually e.g. when you pull up alongside at signal crossings, coffee shops etc?
My goodness, no, it doesn't make sense. Please join the ISKCON or the MNS or even Greenpeace if you feel such urges to impose your views on other people. If someone did that to me (not that I drive a Skoda), I'd be livid.
Old 23rd May 2009, 00:29   #1819
BHPian

Fabia 1.4 petrol

I just read about a few Fabia 1.4 MPI owners complaining about engine issues. Skoda took a whole lot of people who bought the 1.4 petrol for a ride. Initially they claimed to have fixed the problem with a software upgrade. There was obviously something fundamentally wrong with the engine because of which it was ultimately discontinued.

I don't believe their lack of spare parts story because people from both dealerships in Bangalore confirm there were engine issues. So much for Skoda's ethics! How does one trust such a company?
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:08   #1820
BHPian

I have been 'Skoda-ed'

Ok then, will "I've been Skoda-ed" turn out to mean "I've been sold an absolute, pure lemon"?

@GTO - You sure are right about Zigwheels - Adil has that rather breathless, somewhat over-the-top enthusiasm in all his reviews!

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 23rd May 2009 at 12:18.
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:31   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I just read about a few Fabia 1.4 MPI owners complaining about engine issues. Skoda took a whole lot of people who bought the 1.4 petrol for a ride. Initially they claimed to have fixed the problem with a software upgrade. There was obviously something fundamentally wrong with the engine because of which it was ultimately discontinued.

I don't believe their lack of spare parts story because people from both dealerships in Bangalore confirm there were engine issues. So much for Skoda's ethics! How does one trust such a company?
Exactly my thoughts. If a car manufacturer launches a car in India, they drive the car for 2-3 lac kms in rugged Indian conditions and tune the car to necessary requisites as per their tested observations.

Here are a few questions:
1. Did Skoda do 2-3 lakh km road tests with indian fuel in indian conditions with the 1.4 petrol motor?
2. Do they take full responsibility for ultimately discontinuing it?
3. What is the fate of the existing 1.4 owners?

Old 24th May 2009, 12:57   #1822

Hi Harish
I am also a Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi Ambiente owner based in Goa .I have always found that the spares are never available with the dealership and they tell you that you they have to order them which will take 7 days.Since my Skoda is out of warranty I offer to procure genuine parts in 2 days as I have a office in Mumbai but they refuse and always tell me that I have to wait. My car was standing at their dealership for 1 and half week for a stupid brake discs ,timing belt tensioner etc.These parts I could have got from MUMBAI in 2 days. they took about 2 weeks to deliver my car which they could have done it in 2 days had they the parts in store.By gods grace I have three other cars thats why I dont have any problems but imagine if I had only one car then I would be roaming around in rickshaws after paying 12 lakhs for the car.In one of the numerous incidents at the dealer one I had booked me car for servicing. 2 weeks in advance and duly sent the vehicle for service. they told my driver that they will give the vehicle by evening . After my driver reached there he was shocked to see the vehicle not moved from the place he had parked it in the morning. ,on enquiring he found that the car had not been touched the whole day and that the car would be ready in another 2 days. my drver then came back without the car and the car was finally delivered after 3 days and that too without washing . The reason for not washing the car, not enough time. I have a Mercedes Benz ,Maruti Swift , Zen Estilo , Toyota innova BUT NEVER HAVE FACED ANY PROBLEMS WITH EVEN THE BENZ.The Mercedes dealer also doesnot have in stock all the parts as Goa is a small place with few Mercedes cars but incase of any parts non availability at the dealer ship they order it and within 2 days the car is fixed. the number of mercedes cars in Goa is around 150 all classes combined. SKODA has around 450 cars but they still dont keep any parts in stock. all the other cars mentioned above there has been never any problem of parts even with the Innova. I FEEL SKODA SHOULD REALLY GET ITS ACT TOGETHER IF IT HAS TO SURVIVE IN THE INDIAN MARKET. I DONT THINK I WILL BUY ANY OTHER VW PRODUCT IN INDIA.SHAME ON SKODA
Old 24th May 2009, 13:34   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah1735 View Post
I FEEL SKODA SHOULD REALLY GET ITS ACT TOGETHER IF IT HAS TO SURVIVE IN THE INDIAN MARKET. I DONT THINK I WILL BUY ANY OTHER VW PRODUCT IN INDIA.SHAME ON SKODA
I'm sorry about your experience, but I'm sure you will find solace in lots of other people who are suffering at the hands of Skoda. You will find many such people like that on TBHP.

Just one doubt: Where did VW come into all this?
Old 24th May 2009, 13:54   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I'm sorry about your experience, but I'm sure you will find solace in lots of other people who are suffering at the hands of Skoda. You will find many such people like that on TBHP.

Just one doubt: Where did VW come into all this?

skoda is a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group. I guess the marketing and sales management would differ.
Old 24th May 2009, 17:23   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
skoda is a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group. I guess the marketing and sales management would differ.
I know Skoda's a subsidiary...Going by that theory, we shouldn't buy Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bugatti etc. also because they're all from the same family. That's why I asked what VW had to do with it
Old 24th May 2009, 17:34   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah1735 View Post
Hi Harish
I FEEL SKODA SHOULD REALLY GET ITS ACT TOGETHER IF IT HAS TO SURVIVE IN THE INDIAN MARKET. I DONT THINK I WILL BUY ANY OTHER VW PRODUCT IN INDIA.SHAME ON SKODA
Hi rah1735

I feel Skoda has lost track of the script. Skoda seems to have lost control of the game. In the end they will get what they deserve. -

SO BE IT.
Old 25th May 2009, 12:14   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Except for some customary PMs to some complaining members, I don't see anything concrete out of Skoda.
From my personal experience, that is 100% correct. They did PM me for details, but so far, only that, with no further action even after close to 40 days.
Old 25th May 2009, 13:10   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Skoda is hoping to overtide the crisis by launching new products and overcome the sales disaster of last quarter. For how long ? Better realise it or it will be never again in India for Skoda.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:25   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
I know Skoda's a subsidiary...Going by that theory, we shouldn't buy Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bugatti etc. also because they're all from the same family. That's why I asked what VW had to do with it
Although impossible, but if we did stop buying everything from VW group then would VW pull skoda and tell them to get their act right

BTW VW also has some lemon products as indicated in other threads, although things are not as bad Skoda - I am guessing theres fewer VW passats/jettas out there as compared to skoda cars, which is why its not highlighted so much.
Porsche/Audi seem ok so far
Old 25th May 2009, 15:05   #1830

Quote:
HI F450

I realize what you are trying to say but do you think I would have bought the Skoda if it was only a czech group produced car with its old communist connections.It is like saying that after I brought the Skoda I found out that it was the VW group that skoda belonged to. I BOUGHT THE SKODA ONLY AND ONLY BCOZ IT WAS BASED ON THE VW GOLF AND WOULD BE SURE OF GOOD RELIABILITY AND GOOD SERVICE.The VW group is the owner and they should ensure that the cars are serviced properly and the spares should be reasonably priced. The only reason Skoda got its premium status in India was bcoz of the VW GROUP.
Furthermore since we are on the subject of AUDIS my friend from pune got a new A6 and on the first day the power steering failed on it within 300 kms of driving, this in a car costing 50 lakhs. He had to keep the car in the service station for about a week to get it repaired as the parts were not available and they had to be imported from Germany .IF skoda with so many cars sold ,so many dealers and service stations cannot give you good service then imagine what is going to happen with AUDI , VW .The other cars you have named like Porsche , Lambo, Bugatti are only niche cars with hardly any mass appeal, priced out of reach of most people in INDIA.

Most Viewed