Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 01:37   #1921
Senior - BHPian

I'm quite shocked to hear that Skoda is this careless with its A.S.S. Truly appalling and kudos to team bhp to highlight it.
P.S. Is it me or is the poll question dripping with rhetoric?
Old 9th June 2009, 00:47   #1922
BHPian

Skoda dosent care for what they are earning as it seems, i guess they sell 2nd's LOT Cars from SKODA so even if they have to compensate they dont have any issues but would bargain on it also..typical ration shop types
Old 9th June 2009, 07:21   #1923
BANNED

They are good cars but the *** sucks and the dealer rips you off. But most Indian car dealers rip off on the accessories too. Common practice they show you 3M film or LLumar but install cheaper local sun films. I would never buy any accessories from car dealers. Over priced as well.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:29   #1924
BHPian

Checking in and voted! Very good initiative by Team-Bhp :h5:

Harishv, I hope everything works out for you and likewise to all the other members facing horrid service from Skoda India.
Old 12th June 2009, 19:23   #1925
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
Someone should try this back in India

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-range_rover_hse_lemon.jpg

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-medium_3592601400_6270d31c74_o.jpg

This guy parked it in front of the showroom. Since it was on a public road no one could do anything. The showroom guys even offered to help him with a new one!!!
Old 12th June 2009, 20:01   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Someone tried the same with a Safari (?). I believe Tata tried to strong arm him when it became publicized.
Old 12th June 2009, 20:12   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Someone tried the same with a Safari (?). I believe Tata tried to strong arm him when it became publicized.
It was a sumo, not a safari. I think it has been featured on the forum also.
Old 12th June 2009, 20:20   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
It was a sumo, not a safari. I think it has been featured on the forum also.
Here it is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post129073

I had been to Vinayak Cars, Bangalore to check out the new Laura recently. I'm mighty impressed by the new Laura, especially the 1.8TSi engine!! Told my dad that it would a very nice upgrade. But, after reading about the disgusting state of affairs in the Skoda A.S.S, I don't think I'll recommend a Skoda to anybody, ever. Shame on you Skoda. The cars from your stable are so well-built and reasonably priced (not Fabia), but the dealerships are spoiling all that. Sad.

Last edited by hyper123 : 12th June 2009 at 20:21. Reason: typo
Old 12th June 2009, 20:22   #1929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee86 View Post
This guy parked it in front of the showroom. Since it was on a public road no one could do anything. The showroom guys even offered to help him with a new one!!!
There was a similar instance mentioned on the forum, perhaps in this thread, of a red octavia with posters/writing on it being parked on a busy road somewhere in Bangalore (there was a picture of it as well).

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th June 2009 at 20:33.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:45   #1930
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
There was a similar instance mentioned on the forum, perhaps in this thread, of a red octavia with posters/writing on it being parked on a busy road somewhere in Bangalore (there was a picture of it as well).

cya
R
From Sam's post:

Old 15th June 2009, 20:55   #1931
Senior - BHPian

One word. Awesome! I wish someone with really strong connections does this with his Skoda so no one can strong arm him and he can really do something that will
1) Prevent a lot of innocent buyers
2) Make the company change for the better

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 15th June 2009 at 21:11.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:59   #1932
ada
BHPian

WOW -- Thats my first reaction. These things still happen. But will continue to happen as long as justice is delayed. Justice delayed is justice denied. These are big corporations, they can afford to play the waiting game, their lawyer is already fighting so many cases, so what if one more. But the guy has only one car, he has no dedicated resources or machinery. So should he keep quiet, no, certainly no. The biggest hurt you can do to the corporation is bad publicity, here the Goliath is caught (Skoda's uncomfortableness). God knows how many potential customers Skoda must have lost (including myself) on reading these threads. Kudos to team-bhp to show support to these fighting souls, may victory be theirs whatever time it takes.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:34   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
God knows how many potential customers Skoda must have lost (including myself) on reading these threads. Kudos to team-bhp to show support to these fighting souls, may victory be theirs whatever time it takes.
We were planning to buy a Skoda Octavia as dad was fascinated by its handling and engine but i told him about all skoda horror stories and then when he read Harish's case here he thanked team bhp and me for letting him know the attitude of Skoda people.
End result was we didnt buy a Skoda and am glad we were saved

One of my relative got his Octavia serviced at Silvertone delhi and he told me that the car has poor pickup, took him to my friend's place with me driving the octavia and i knew what silvertone had done- no oil changed but just billed it, when the engine oil was drained it was all black. Mobil1 went in and there was a world of difference in pickup.
All Skoda dealers are like this, how can you fool customers like this terrible.
Old 18th June 2009, 10:44   #1934
BHPian

So now I present another bad experience : My cousin gave his Skoda Petrol (just a year old) for regular service at Autobahn quite a few days ago and the mileage and performance has dropped significantly post service.

He is fed up. Just cursing them. I had warned him though to stand there when he gives the car for service but he did not have the time.

Keep you guys posted
Old 18th June 2009, 15:24   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The customer places his belief in the brand, not the dealer. It is the company's responsibility to recruit the right dealers and ensure - with disciplinary action - that the dealer takes care of its customers. Skoda's case is first a management failure, and then the dealers.
How very true. A few simple words, but they have captured the crux of the entire problem, as also the customer mindset.

Well said, GTO...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks