Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 20:03   #1966
Senior - BHPian

alloys swapped and the audio system too?

am i dreaming? i would have swapped the Skoda Service Centre with debris and ash.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:20   #1967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satix7 View Post

my skoda had the most number of thefts/swaps possible while getting serviced in India.
==========
Till date my skoda runs at a maximum speed of 90 and the pickup is around 25 seconds for 0-90.
THIS HAPPENED IN INDIA!

I think you should approach a consumer court with the evidence. Dont bother with Skoda coz they really DON'T care, atleast the dealer should be brought to book for this!

EDIT: I feel like voting YES again on this thread! after reading this.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:23   #1968
gump

skoda mean fake... :(

I my life i will never buy a skoda or recomend to anyone. i will also try to stop any of my friends planing to buy a Skoda

Old 30th June 2009, 20:24   #1969
BHPian

Out of curosity (admittedly i havent read thru the last few pages of this thread), how come the government or some sort of consumer support agency, cant get involved? Certainly they could put pressure on Skoda India.

This things about swapping good bits for bad ones, even wheels and music systems, is just not done.

I dont know how much this helps, but here in the UK, theres a few programs run by the BBC (Watchdog being the most popular), that put alottt of pressure on companies that have been involved in foul play. They made Renault, change bonnet latches on the Clio because they were faulty. Renault UK initially said it was'nt their problem and that the customers werent taking care of their cars. After Watchdog got involved, did a few investigations, they made Renault have a recall.
Do we have something like this at home? What about contacting an international consumer support agency like Watchdog? I am sure they would love to rip Skoda Uk apart?

I admire, what you guys are doing with taking Skoda to court and sadly its you the customers that have to do it. Best of luck to you guys.
Old 30th June 2009, 20:41   #1970
BHPian

200,000 views, about 2000 posts in less than 100 days.

Skoda sales drop from 2000 cars to less than 1000 cars per month.

Still the Germans are in deep slumber.

Auf Wiedersehen Skoda.
Old 30th June 2009, 21:09   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satix7 View Post
my skoda had the most number of thefts/swaps possible while getting serviced in India.
Most unethical car manufacturer in this world.
I totally identify with your case. I am aware of many cases like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
What about contacting an international consumer support agency like Watchdog? I am sure they would love to rip Skoda Uk apart?
Hey Samir, can we do that ? Or can we get somebody like a Jeremy Clarkson involved ? Can you explore this possibility ? Would appreciate if you could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like we should we should honor Skoda & it's dealers the dubious honor of having a dedicated sub-forum for them here.
Can we do that too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Since Skoda doesn't seem to be doing anything for their customers, the least we could do is warn their prospective customers.
Quite true Rehaan. People still buying the Skoda are those who are unaware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Harish, your lawsuit can be the only thing which can make this company realise that it is here for customers.
Working on it. Will be there shortly. Have to co-ordinate a lot of people across all States along with their documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Other potential buyers MUST be warned of the nonsense dished out by Skoda India.
Cent per cent.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:51   #1972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Skoda sales drop from 2000 cars to less than 1000 cars per month.
I wish they fall below 500 units a month. Seriously, they are just sleeping. Their car have some of the best chassis from Europe, but its rendered useless for Indians who pay heavy price for it due to A.S & S.
That day is not very far when the sales will go down even further.

Quote:

1) I totally identify with your case. I am aware of many cases like yours.

3) Quite true Rehaan. People still buying the Skoda are those who are unaware.

4) Working on it. Will be there shortly. Have to co-ordinate a lot of people across all States along with their documentation.
1) Sir, you know of even more cases ? More cases like this. Seriously dont you think that this was and is a nation wide scam. I am thinking of calling glorified cheating with nationwide network for stealing.

3)
They will come to know about this quite soon. But righth now they are blinded by the image that Skoda is a luxury brand. Example : I was today standing at one popular fast food center in my city. I noticed two guys discussing something about Red Fabia they recently bought. They were all gaga over it. I just asked them to move their car so that my M800 can come out. They did agree and with the talk that followed, they told me they have luxury hatch. I asked them to have a look at the spare part price list. They never had looked at that, but I am sure once they do, they will again go against Skoda.

The problem is the luxury image of Skoda and lack of diesel engined cars in D segement from the Japanese. Once in the D segment Japs are up and running with modern diesels, Skoda are out. Even if Sonata is propely marketed ( and not given Step motherly treatment in India ) it can give some very tough competition to Skoda.

4) I hope that this makes such a huge effect on Skoda that they have to run out of this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
I dont know how much this helps, but here in the UK, theres a few programs run by the BBC (Watchdog being the most popular).
Quote:
Hey Samir, can we do that ? Or can we get somebody like a Jeremy Clarkson involved ? Can you explore this possibility ? Would appreciate if you could.
Here nobody has sufficient knowledge about cars. Those who have are not the one to openly admit to these illegal practices. Moreover they are also IMHO not capable to understand the magnitude, depth and intensity of this problem.
The one we can rely on are TV news channels that are better not described or discussed here for their perfect lack of knowledge and disoriented approach. At best they are the one who understand nothing more than cosmetic looks. I think they would have never even tried to open a screw under the hood for any purpose.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:57   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Harishv, have you contacted Autocar India? Get a subscription (its a nice mag) and send your case in. Its way worse than most cases I see there. This month, they didn't have any car related issues and ended up doing someone's ATV case.
Old 1st July 2009, 00:09   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Harishv, have you contacted Autocar India? Get a subscription (its a nice mag) and send your case in. Its way worse than most cases I see there. This month, they didn't have any car related issues and ended up doing someone's ATV case.
have seen this months issue!
Old 1st July 2009, 12:21   #1975
BHPian

For the plight suffered by our family members(team-bhpians) I really feel team-bhp should disassociate itself from skoda.
Not cover it's cars, nor buy them and certainly that octavia should be removed.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:36   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, he has ran from pillar to post and all methods have failed. Even lower sessions (correct me if I am wrong here) of court hasnt brought Skoda India on track. They need something bigger to act.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 1st July 2009 at 12:41.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:28   #1977
BHPian

Harish, i dont know if it would work or if they would even listen, but there's nothing stopping us from sending them an email with the facts and evidence. They may take it up, they may not. Ill look up some address for these agencies and PM you.
Old 1st July 2009, 17:32   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Guys, he has ran from pillar to post and all methods have failed. Even lower sessions (correct me if I am wrong here) of court hasnt brought Skoda India on track. They need something bigger to act.
Well I think the media is a lot more powerful than the courts in India. Besides, it won't hurt to explore this avenue
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:03   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well I think the media is a lot more powerful than the courts in India. Besides, it won't hurt to explore this avenue
yup, however its all done in his case. His story was published in Mid-day too, rest others just ignored it OR couldnt help him.

Court is the last resort he has moved to, lengthy and painful but he will triumph and Skoda India will have to learn their lesson of treating customers the way they are doing.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:39   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I wish they fall below 500 units a month.
OT, I think you are still wishing much more. I wish it should fall to perfect big ZERO '0'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks