Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 01:28   #2131
Team-BHP Support

@Thomas: I guess each to his own view - but I find your posts quite incredible - perhaps even blinkered at some level (no offense meant - honestly). I for one would love to buy a Skoda but will refuse to do so until they provide acceptable levels of service. Whether the blame for lack of quality service is attributable to Skoda India / Skoda Dealer is not my lookout - as collective stakeholders they need to get their act together before they get me to invest my hard earned money in their product. Separately, I believe that what is written here is usually very fair and objective. If you look at the posts of several moderators, you will find that in spite of their frustration at Skoda A.S.S., their cars are not needlessly slammed - whatever plus points Skoda vehicles may have are also objectively outlined. So its not like this website is out to only badmouth Skoda for no reason.

@ this poll per se: IMHO, I find this entire poll quite farcical (for lack of a better word - don't mean to offend anyone). Its almost rhetorically worded and just logically asks for a YES to be posted. To that extent, I think it undermines its own relevance. I don't want to bother reading between the lines. I know its originated from Skoda Corporate's posting but it could have been worded differently perhaps. As a poll (as opposed to as a principle), to me its simply meaningless given how its worded. That is the reason I completely disregarded the poll results. Having said that, there's a wealth of valuable experiences that have emerged from these threads that are extremely relevant for current owners as well as potential buyers. I recently puchased a Civic A/T over a Skoda Laura and used this website extensively on a variety of aspects going into my ultimate purchase decision.

@Skoda: Skoda has to start making amends fast - I sincerely hope that by the time I am looking to upgrade to the Accord segment a few years from now, I can consider the Superb / Accord on an equal footing on all counts. Both are fantastic cars in their own right, and it would be disappointing if A.S.S. turns out to be a key deciding factor yet again. Until then, media such as Team BHP enables the sharing of valuable information so that we can all be informed in an unbiased fashion of how each mfg'er / dealer treats its customers.
Old 16th August 2009, 09:32   #2132
BHPian

Somebody sent an email to Skoda Corporate intending to buy a Superb, but the mail bounced.
Moral of the story - Skoda people are hardly interested to listen to a customer, whether old or a prospective one. Typical sarkari attitude.

Another user feedback:

DO NOT BUY A SUPERB i OWN THE NEW ONE. iT STOPPED IN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD COULD NOT BE PUSHED OR MOVED. CO. FEELS IT IS A NORMAL FAILURE BUT IT IS A SERIOUS MALFUNCTION WHICH COULD HAVE CAUSED A MAJOR ACCIDENT DO NOT BUY SKODA CARS
SO CALLED LUXORY CAR SUPERB DOES NOT LIVE UP TO ITS NAME

Both above are from a thread named Skoda Superb V6 TDI, on ACI forum
Old 16th August 2009, 09:41   #2133
Senior - BHPian

akj, that's unfortunate to hear. But as far as I know, we have five Superb owners on this forum so far. Let's see how it works out there.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:24   #2134
Senior - BHPian

ŠkodaAuto India introduces 2 years warranty on Škoda Genuine Parts and Škoda Genuine Accessories starting 15 August, 2009.
8/14/2009

Mumbai, August 13, 2009: ŠkodaAuto India, a fully owned subsidiary of ŠkodaAuto a.s., Czech Republic, today announced an introduction of 2 years warranty on Škoda Genuine Parts and Škoda Genuine Accessories with effect from August 15, 2009 for their customers in India. Starting August 15, 2009 the two year warranty will be available on Skoda Genuine Parts & Accessories across the product range which includes the Škoda Superb, Škoda Octavia, Škoda Laura and Škoda Fabia.

According to Mr. Jiri Ihln, head of Skoda Genuine Parts & Accessories, the introduction of 2 years warranty is a new initiative by SkodaAuto India to bring down the cost of ownership for customers and secure the quality of the product for a longer period. In line with the company’s warranty terms and conditions, parts & accessories purchased from August 15, 2009 onwards will be applicable for two years warranty.

Speaking on the occasion Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Board Member Sales and Marketing, ŠkodaAuto India said “We believe that the aftermarket services constitute a critical component in the customer’s ownership experience with their vehicles and above all is a strong driver of brand loyalty. It has always been our endeavor to provide innovative products and service to our customers that suits their needs and lifestyle. This warranty only further reiterates Škoda core values ‘Obsession with quality’.”

To further boost its focus on customer satisfaction, ŠkodaAuto India opened its first spare parts warehouse in India in March 2009. The facility is aimed at ensuring a better spare parts provision in India to manage the end to end spare parts flow, critical to customer satisfaction, cost control and optimal sales and service operations. The facility will substantially increase the assortment and quantity of Škoda Genuine Parts & Accessories in India making it easier for customers to access key auto parts. ŠkodaAuto also aims at making available an inventory of 23000 original spare part line items from existing 13000 line items by 2012.

ŠkodaAuto India has been riding the year of 2009 on a high note, the new Škoda Superb secured the No. 1 position in the D segment in India with sales figures of 212 units in June 2009 and 250 units in July 2009 respectively.

About
ŠkodaIndia: Škoda has been operating in India since November 2001 as a subsidiary of ŠkodaAuto a. s. Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group), one of the fastest growing car manufacturers in Europe. It has set up a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Shendra near Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The facility is spread across 300,000 sq. mt. ŠkodaIndia has 4 models on sale in India – Škoda Superb, Škoda Octavia, Škoda Laura and Škoda Fabia. Škoda Auto India has a network of 61 dealerships across the country and has sold over 70,000 units since November 2001.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:38   #2135
Senior - BHPian

That should be a pretty good thing. Once you fit a part in, you know there won't be any expenditure there for two years at least.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:42   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post

ŠkodaAuto India has been riding the year of 2009 on a high note, the new Škoda Superb secured the No. 1 position in the D segment in India with sales figures of 212 units in June 2009 and 250 units in July 2009 respectively.[b][u]
Why is Skoda deceiving itself? 2009 is certainly not on a high note for it, with sales down by about 40% when all other relevant car makers are growing. Further its brand in the premium compact - the category seeing maximum action, is on a precipitous decline!
Old 17th August 2009, 21:10   #2137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Speaking on the occasion Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Board Member Sales and Marketing, ŠkodaAuto India said “We believe that the aftermarket services constitute a critical component in the customer’s ownership experience with their vehicles and above all is a strong driver of brand loyalty. It has always been our endeavor to provide innovative products and service to our customers that suits their needs and lifestyle. This warranty only further reiterates Škoda core values ‘Obsession with quality’.”
I think that this is what psychologists call being in denial

Old 17th August 2009, 23:12   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think that this is what psychologists call being in denial

no its called covering up their you know what
Old 18th August 2009, 00:04   #2139
Distinguished - BHPian

"covering up"?

Don't you mean "talking out of" ?
Old 18th August 2009, 11:01   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ŠkodaAuto India introduces 2 years warranty on Škoda Genuine Parts and Škoda Genuine Accessories starting 15 August, 2009. Starting August 15, 2009 the two year warranty will be available on Skoda Genuine Parts & Accessories across the product range which includes the Škoda Superb, Škoda Octavia, Škoda Laura and Škoda Fabia.
The problem continues. Dealers will put fake parts which will fail and when customers talk about warranty, Skoda will say that the parts are fake and hence no warranty can be extended on them!
Old 18th August 2009, 11:23   #2141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The problem continues. Dealers will put fake parts which will fail and when customers talk about warranty, Skoda will say that the parts are fake and hence no warranty can be extended on them!
This may be a double edged sword. Since it may also help establishing (if that is required) that the parts were fitted by them (dealerships are also theirs). More important you may be forced to go for Skoda service as long as the warranty lasts, in order to claim the warranty. Good money for them!
Old 18th August 2009, 11:54   #2142
Senior - BHPian

For me, give Skoda (or VW or any other German car) looks and style with Toyota/Honda reliability. However, that is far less likely than perhaps Toyota/Honda getting the German car looks. If that happens???
Old 18th August 2009, 16:39   #2143
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
For me, give Skoda (or VW or any other German car) looks and style with Toyota/Honda reliability.
Long way to go. The Germans, in the past decade, have unnecessarily complicated their cars. I'd like to add that a mid-90s W124 E250D was as reliable as your Corolla. And stays rattle free until 3.0 lakh kms.

Quote:
that is far less likely than perhaps Toyota/Honda getting the German car looks. If that happens???
Already did. The LS460, a car that is more beautiful than the current gen S Class (but NOT the 7 series):

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-lexus.jpg
Old 18th August 2009, 16:49   #2144
Senior - BHPian

This is the Lexus which is already more than competitive than the Germans in the US car market.

I meant lower segment Toyota/Honda reliability+German/European style.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:44   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
This is the Lexus which is already more than competitive than the Germans in the US car market.

I meant lower segment Toyota/Honda reliability+German/European style.

There are no german cars in the US market that are in the lower segment (price wise) offering honda/toyota reliability.

the all new BMW 1-series could be the closest thing to it if legroom isnt your cup of tea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks