Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 22:23   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Old news... Way back in 2006.

It just sounds like some corrupt bunch of folks at Skoda. Sad, they make good cars otherwise.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:32   #2207
BHPian

This is actually funny! Are Skoda workshops turning out to be playgrounds for aspiring mechanics? Their sandpit where they can play around and then have the expenses covered by customers?

If i were in that poor person's shoes, i'd have slapped a negligence lawsuit on their sorry behinds. Useless *******s!

The next time someone form VW Germany comes down to India, a whole bunch of disgruntled Skoda owners should storm his hotel and let him know what Skoda India is upto.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:20   #2208
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The JD power survey is probably genuine. Yep the defects per 1000 cars for the initial period can understandably be lowest for Skoda, the shocker actually is Maruti (which sell the largest number of cars - and hence scews the average towards where it ranks) and honda being at the bottom. I had always presumed that Tata and Fiat would be at the position that maruti and honda are at.

Skoda cars have issues but mostly they suface around the time the warranty runs out (2 years) and if it is before then they are rectified within warranty.

There have been a few bad service centres but that does not make the entire network bad. There are satisfied users as well.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:22   #2209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Skoda cars have issues but mostly they suface around the time the warranty runs out (2 years) and if it is before then they are rectified within warranty.

There have been a few bad service centres but that does not make the entire network bad. There are satisfied users as well.
Two to three years is about the time you need something more than the routine fluids and filters. The VW family does nto make bad cars, just have atrocious service centres. Locally in a big city you may find an alternative source of service, but what if you are out of town. I am afraid as far as service is concerned it is the worst (and not average) which forms the baseline.

Also, using fake parts (as happened to Harish) cannot be condoned in any case!
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:14   #2210
BHPian

Kudos to TeamBHP

The forums are the only way of alerting fellow consumers. Apart from all the discussions on performance and parts - this aspect of Team-BHP is extremely valuable.

I recently bought a Mitsu Cedia and sorta considered a Skoda though it was slightly out of my budget. After reading just 2-3 reviews, I just eliminated it from consideration altogether. I don't think I will buy a Czeck(spelling?) product ever. Probably not even VW at this rate. I am sick and tired of Indian consumers being treated like 3rd rate citizens. But I spppose we are as much to blame for putting up with crap.

If ever Skoda threatens legal action against TeamBHP, you can count on me for at least some financial support for legal fees.
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:14   #2211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
If ever Skoda threatens legal action against TeamBHP, you can count on me for at least some financial support for legal fees.
I think the legal threat is long gone. They can't stomp on people's right to freedom of expression. And this forum is a place for people to exercise that right.
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:53   #2212
BHPian

I am a late entry to this thread but thanks to GTO and everyone for an eye opener against a car co. (skoda or pakoda) which is nowhere seen in US or anywhere but hit in India. I will try my best to make people aware to keep distance from such cars.
Consumer is the king they must know that. Any threat to mob and they will see the results in coming years.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:03   #2213
BHPian

Any updates on the issue?
Old 30th December 2009, 18:02   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harish,

Any updates on the Skoda issue?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 4th January 2010, 09:52   #2215
BHPian

Hi

No major update to write home about. Case progressing in Court.
Old 26th January 2010, 18:08   #2216
BHPian

After reading this thread, surely not a Skoda for me...Hats off to Team-BHP for taking this forward.
Old 26th January 2010, 19:28   #2217

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi

No major update to write home about. Case progressing in Court.
That's damned pathetic!!
Old 27th January 2010, 09:27   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Just now I came across this thread and what to say!!!!!! I couldn't believe this was happening. I knew that the service was bad but this is going above the limits. We are with you Harish and thanks GTO for addressing this issue
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:38   #2219
BHPian

Dear Harish,
Wish you all the luck and the patience needed to hold on and fight until the end.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:19   #2220
BHPian

No Skoda

Was thinking about a Fabia... Glad that I saw this thread - will not even think about it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks