Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 18:32   #226
BHPian

Team BHP should remove the Skoda Car image from its homepage and the skoda Car image that is displayed on the top portion of every page. Surely, the forum dosen't need such an infamous car as its 'logo'
Old 28th March 2009, 18:37   #227
BHPian

Skoda was always considered a sub-standard car on the International scene. I guess we are partly to blame for making a sub-standard product a premium hit in India. It is true that we were starved of choice.

Instead of being thankful for giving a huge market and fan following, Skoda has failed us miserably beyond repair. Now its time for Skoda to wake up and smell the coffee.

I still remember, my German customer was shell-shocked when I mentioned that Skoda is positioned as a luxury brand in India. His second response was: Do they give an apartment free with each car?

One of the famous Skoda jokes:

Q: How do you double the value of a Skoda?
A: Fill it with petrol.

I'm sure this thread is gonna be a classic! 15 pages in one day!!!!

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 28th March 2009 at 18:41.
Old 28th March 2009, 18:55   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Skoda was always considered a sub-standard car on the International scene. I guess we are partly to blame for making a sub-standard product a premium hit in India. It is true that we were starved of choice.

Instead of being thankful for giving a huge market and fan following, Skoda has failed us miserably beyond repair. Now its time for Skoda to wake up and smell the coffee.

I still remember, my German customer was shell-shocked when I mentioned that Skoda is positioned as a luxury brand in India. His second response was: Do they give an apartment free with each car?

One of the famous Skoda jokes:

Q: How do you double the value of a Skoda?
A: Fill it with petrol.

I'm sure this thread is gonna be a classic! 15 pages in one day!!!!
Hi Digital,

Skoda has good products, but the attitude of the people in the company and dealers permeates across to the customers.

It's blatant robbery and cheating by Skoda dealers. My ex boss had to change a clutch plate at less than 20k kms. The cost ? 45k for one clutchplate, bearing and labour. OTOH Mercedes parts cost as much.

The various posts by mostly moderators and their own Skodas leave a really bad taste in one's mouth be it an owner or someone reading experiences here or elsewhere posted.

OT - your signature - quite interesting.
Old 28th March 2009, 19:00   #229
BHPian

Interesting response from Skoda rep, if what she claims herself to be is true. Team-bhp has been neutral with every car manufacturer and searching the posts will give enough good and bad about all cars. We at team-bhp give direct feedback on what we feel and exchange opinion. Freedom of expression is a right to every Indian.

The fact that we have a red Skoda picture on top of every page should suffice that we still are considering it to be a good car (ignoring the service part). Now I think it should be removed.

Another point, 100% votes on "Yes". This itself says a lot
Old 28th March 2009, 19:07   #230
BHPian

Ho boy, Skoda should learn to treat their customers properly. My friend who was looking for City VTEC had decided to go for a VRs, I was sharing one of our moderators experience with him and he thought I was joking, after reading this beautiful thread I know what his reaction will be like, when people invest huge chunk of cash on their car it’s not wrong expecting same kind of service. If Skoda India needs help in quality management and customer care, I would be glad to help them
Old 28th March 2009, 19:23   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hahahahha. If you find that shocking, you have seen nothing yet.

Imagine you get a phone call from the dealer that the car is ready for delivery and we must have it picked up. You reach the dealerhsip to get the biggest shock of your life. Imagine your car here. You come to pick it up after six months and its standing with flat tyres, car is covered with dust, wet interiors, broken headlight, dent on the bonnet and side skirt, missing front grills, broken d pillar dressing inside, broken ash try, all air con vents inside the car broken, complete audio wiring disconnected and that too just cut and lying inside the door panel, screw drivers scars on the entire dash panel, broken steering column cover, dead battery, burnt fuse box installed on battery and a few more to list.

I have a feeling that you're in a shock just reading this. Now imagine the plight I went through. And I have it in written that the car is ready for delivery. They emailed me the same day to come pick it up.

And when I lost my cool over this sight, the manager there just said "Sir, we haven't delivered the car to you yet."

Excuse me!!!! You called me over to show me my car or prove to me that the dealership is nothing better than a road side amatuer workshop!!
all I can say is I am speechless
Old 28th March 2009, 19:39   #232
BHPian

another stunning search on google. scroll down on the link to see a few more complaints! weird ones

Skoda Complaints - Tyre Burst
Old 28th March 2009, 19:46   #233
BHPian

Boy o boy!!!!!!
Have Skoda dug their own grave....I mean yesterday i was seeking advice on buying a Skoda...But its a different story now....
I swear im never gonna dissuade prospective Skoda customers from goin ahead with their purchase....i swear..
All im gona do is tell them to go through Team Bhp forums....

@ meghna:hope i wont be instigated for this or will i???
Old 28th March 2009, 20:36   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

To be fair (sorry)

Skoda is not considered a substandard car elsewhere in the world, at least not in my UK mothercountry. That all finished when VAG took over the company.

What it then became was the car to buy if you wanted a VW or an Audi but either couldn't afford it, or felt the money was wrongly spent on a fancier badge.

It is considered the bargain-basement VAG car. Equally, it is not considered "premium".

The Skoda jokes were over and finished a long, long time ago.

...Until they posted their current utter nonsense here. Now they are a joke all over again.
Old 28th March 2009, 20:40   #235
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What raises my suspicion is the customer care Id given by the scorporate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
May be it is the right time for the real Skoda India and real Meghna to make IDs on T-Bhp and ask our mods to remove all the post from the fake ID from "Skoda Corporate"
The Team-BHP Support can confirm that the userid "Skoda Corporate" is an actual Skoda representative. The email address associated with the account (and a confirmed one at that) is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@skoda-auto.co.in.

I only have this to say : Skoda, realise your follies and make up. It's never too late. Anyone can stay stuck in their arrogance and ego; however, it takes a big person to admit his / her mistakes, apologise and make up. While your behaviour so far has taken our expectations of Skoda India to the lowest possible levels (way below that of even Peugeot who cheated Indian customers of booking deposits), this community would love to be pleasantly surprised.

There, I've just given you a PR 101 lesson.

Lastly, as long as the userid "Skoda Corporate" adheres to all of Team-BHP's rules, it will be allowed full access & posting rights to this community. Team-BHP remains a transparent level-playing field for all concerned. You've said an awful lot yesterday, what's with the sudden silence?

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2009 at 20:44.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2009, 20:42   #236
BHPian

dear friends i have been going through this thread for the past few days . My uncle was looking for premium segment car and the shortlisted ones were the Laura and the coralla.
I had spoken to him and forwarded this thread to him and he was very surpurised and he knows the spare parts and service was on the higher side and but he never thought skoda or their dealers could end up cheating customers who has paid for their luxury cars.

Definetly this thread is going to help him saying NO to Skoda.
Old 28th March 2009, 20:42   #237
BHPian

yes. VAG made a killing in europe making Audi, Seat, skoda and VW badged variants of the same cars.

I always favored the Seats when VAG was focused on making those the hot peppers of their range.
Old 28th March 2009, 20:45   #238
Senior - BHPian

SUGGESTIONS for the new team bhp logo on top of the page:

must be an icon in the automotive industry (or on team bhp) and must personify value, reliability, toughness and contribution to the indian automotive industry as a whole.

A maruti or a hyundai or a tata will be on top of the list (which i really dont mind)

suggestion 1: tata nano (for obvious reasons)
suggestion 2: maruti 800<maybe edmunds 800> (for putting the nation on wheels)
suggestion 3: rudra's amby (for aesthetic purposes: she's a hottie!)
suggestion 4: <taps fingers on table and thinks> no no, we dont want a hyundai as the top photo, outright BOORING!

suggestion 5: car of the month (picked by mods + team bhpians every month)
Old 28th March 2009, 21:19   #239
Senior - BHPian

I am with you guys and stand by the motion against skoda.
This is my last post on t bhp and I take a pledge never to post unless and until I see that red skoda VRS car taken of the forum homepage. For me, Its an INSULT to t-bhp brand as a whole.

Last edited by sidindica : 28th March 2009 at 21:20.
Old 28th March 2009, 21:34   #240
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Sidindica and Frankmehta

Most Viewed