Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:45   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Every automagazine in India is seriously biased towards one or more vendors. They enjoy joyride to european locations to have exclusive test drives at the cost of the manufacturer and shower all praises for new models. It is very apparent in the way they give awards to manufacturers and products too.
Well said i too have got the same feeling towards auto magazines.
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:49   #872
BHPian

Good the SEO guys have joined in, if this thread moves up on the search engine results. Boy very soon you will see Skoda India singing a different tune.

I am watching the rankings...
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:44   #873
BHPian

We all T-BHP member are all talking about going against SKODA then why a RED color SKODA is displaying in our forum. Administrator please remove and put some other car pic. Let it be AMBY. But no SKODA...
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:58   #874
BHPian

Everyone please stumble this too. I did that
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:01   #875
BHPian

This article was printed in the "BrandLine" supplement of Business Line newspaper dated 2nd April 2009.

Headline: For customer car seva

The article is about how companies are trying to ensure that their car sells.

I was amused by one paragraph in the article: Quote "Thomas Kuehl, Board member (Sales & Mktg), Skoda India, endorses this view (the previous paragraph mentions about how car companies work to sustain their relationships with existing customers). When I am at Lakme Fashion week I meet more customers. I can run around and ask what they feel about our cars. I believe in face-to-face marketing" Unquote.

This is not in sync with what has happened to many customers when they try to contact someone in Skoda and express their unhappiness or dissatisfaction with Skoda product / service. This shows the dual standards that they practice.
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:15   #876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
When I am at Lakme Fashion week I meet more customers.
This is not in sync with what has happened to many customers when they try to contact someone in Skoda and express their unhappiness or dissatisfaction with Skoda product / service.
None of our disgruntled members visited the LIFW to meet this gentleman. And "I can run around and ask..."
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:59   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have approached Skoda (Czech Republic) on previous occasion, asking them to intervene or help Skoda India resolve technical affairs with a customer and I have recieved this as the official reply. I quote:

We would like to advice the fact that the company SKODA AUTO INDIA Private Limited (SAIPL), Aurangabad is fully independent manufacturer as well as an exclusive importer for sales and services of Skoda vehicles on the territory of India and is entitled to resolve any customer claim within its own competence. We, as the manufacturer in the Czech Republic, are not entitled to influence the process of resolving claims in another way than by providing technical advice if it is requested by the respective importer.

Why do we punish ourselves by expecting Skoda International to jump in and save the situation. Hands are washed off quite clearly. This is an Indian problem, for Indian consumers to handle themselves.
Skoda International contents itself with revenue generation and sales performances in India.

And we're the poor sods that provide this.

This HAS to be a FIRST!!!!

There is absolutely NO company that I know of - regardless of size - that would have said something of that sort! How can they wash their hands off their own sister concern? Are they not interested that their brand name is getting effected - or is it that that brand is already so shot to pieces there that everyone is beyond caring?!?!?

If THIS is the attitude of the parent organisation, then we are all wasting our time - this battle is well and truly lost!

SKODA-PODA!! :-((
Old 3rd April 2009, 01:55   #878
BHPian

Never gonna buy a skoda

maaannn! After looking at the service skoda is giving... Looks like its a car not worth affording... come on 12 laks on road and you change the originals in the dim...
Old 3rd April 2009, 06:50   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Good the SEO guys have joined in, if this thread moves up on the search engine results. Boy very soon you will see Skoda India singing a different tune.

I am watching the rankings...
OT: lol this thread stands nowhere in the search engine rankings and it wont go anywhere in the future too like this.

Last edited by Gangsta : 3rd April 2009 at 06:52.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:05   #880
BHPian

@harish
I checked out the Mid-day epaper today and they have not printed it... sorry, but i will keep trying.

Epaper: Read Mid-day online, online version of mid-day from mumbai, delhi & bangalore
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:11   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
I was amused by one paragraph in the article: Quote "Thomas Kuehl, Board member (Sales & Mktg), Skoda India, endorses this view (the previous paragraph mentions about how car companies work to sustain their relationships with existing customers). When I am at Lakme Fashion week I meet more customers. I can run around and ask what they feel about our cars. I believe in face-to-face marketing" Unquote.
Wow, really amusing! Mr Kuehl and his retinue will do well to spend some time at the dealers instead.....he will surely have good face-to-face marketing ; if anyone from Skoda has a face remaining by then.

Mr. Kuehl, spend some face to face time with Kapil and Harish to save your face!

Last edited by diffsoft : 3rd April 2009 at 09:13.
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:58   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
If THIS is the attitude of the parent organisation, then we are all wasting our time - this battle is well and truly lost!
SKODA-PODA!! :-((
Never heard a parent organization disowning its international subsidiary. Maybe they are as fed up as the customers. Soon Skoda will become Ghoda or so, because the Indian Skoda will cease to have any connection with the Parent!
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:33   #883
BHPian

E-Mail Chain

I have initiated an email chain with the excerpts from this thread and a link to both the threads (started by harish and GTO). One of my friends was hell bent on Skoda Fabia. Not anymore after reading my mail.
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:54   #884
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Soon Skoda will become Ghoda
No, not ghoda. More like, गधा.

Best way to bring change is do not buy any product and services from this company. They understands cash flow, and what a lack of it does to a company. Let them sink. Good lesson for other manufacturers too...

Old 3rd April 2009, 10:59   #885
BHPian

One of my colleage wanted to buy a Fabia, After providing him details of how the Skoda A.S.S is then he thanked me and changed his opinion to some other diesel car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks