Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 15:50   #1291
evo
BHPian

Update on Skoda`s so called Waking Up

I still havent got written confirmation of what they told me on the phone- That they`ll repaint my car and replace the LCU.

I hope they now also have the decency to get me a spare key which I`ve been asking about for really long and to service the car.

But no written confirmation as yet.
Old 11th April 2009, 16:03   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Read this in TOI online today
From that news report:

Quote:
the manufacturing company and dealer stated that though they were not responsible for repairs due to wear and tear
So what exactly are Skoda and their dealers responsible for? They are not responsible for wear and tear repairs, they are not responsible for what happens in their dealerships, they are not responsible for spurious spares being used in their dealerships, the parent company is not responsible for what happens in India so what are they responsible for?

Food for thought for Skoda: If one customer complains about your product and your dealers, he is wrong. Two customers do it both of them are wrong. Ten of them do it, all ten customers are wrong. But when the eleventh customer complains, then there has to be something wrong with your and your dealers isnt it?

Unreliable cars, pathetic dealers, couldn't give a damn company. It amazes me that Skoda has survived here for so long.

Compared to this 'we are not responsible for anything' company, Fiat is an angel (and their cars are infinitely more reliable too!) My Palio runs flawlessly even at about 70,000kms. And yes, it's running on the original timing belt and clutch too.

I just hope that VW products and dealers do a better job then these Skoda guys.

Normally for an auto enthusiast, any car maker that exits our market isnt something to be happy out. As it is we have very few car brands avaliable in our market. Unfortunately, I hope Skoda packs their bags and goes back.

I would rather buy a boring Corolla then a exciting Octavia VRs.

Last edited by amit : 11th April 2009 at 16:10.
Old 11th April 2009, 16:08   #1293
BHPian

I have started to hate the S-kooda car picture on the top of our forum page. Mods is not there any way we can either modify the picture to either have a skull and cross bones watermarked on the picture or else some other car on the forum all together. Why are we still having a the red S-kooda still posing on the top of the page.

On the other not Harish I am not sure how many of us can join you in person for the fight but I surely think we can all do our bit in contributing in pen and green if required to keep this fight alive. Just let us all know how and when do you think we can help and we will.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:12   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

Nobody is responsible for wear and tear except the car owner. That is not unreasonable.

Unless, of course... it wears and tears far faster than it should, due to quality issues.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:36   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Nobody is responsible for wear and tear except the car owner. That is not unreasonable.
True. Owner is responsible for wear and tear.

But, Skoda has claimed that they are not responsible for repairs of wear and tear items. Mind you, that's chargeable repairs. Forget stuff like brake pads, even Engine oil is changed every service because it is exposed to wear and tear isnt it? Am I missing something here? I don't see how Skoda is not responsible for repairs of wear and tear items.

I have owned Daewoo's, Hyundai's, Fiat's and Maruti's. None of these companies and their dealers ever said that!
Old 11th April 2009, 17:41   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Quote:
free repair was done for the sake of good customer relationship.
Ayyo! the same statement!!

I guess that is their punch line, which is taught to them from the day they join Skoda.
Old 11th April 2009, 18:49   #1297
BHPian

I just realised what a business opportunity there is here for someone to start a Skoda A.S.S. and run it to the expectations of this community! Now, where's all that capital I had lying around...
Old 11th April 2009, 19:09   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
I just realised what a business opportunity there is here for someone to start a Skoda A.S.S. and run it to the expectations of this community! Now, where's all that capital I had lying around...
Where will be the source of spares for you? The spurious ones from Skoda?

Will my post amount to "instigation"?
Old 11th April 2009, 20:04   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR, that is brilliant. I added a link to your article from the main Skoda Auto wikipedia page.
Old 11th April 2009, 21:03   #1300
BHPian

@harish: Truth will prevail to those who persevere for it. Do what is right and the consequences will take care of themselves.

You have the force of Team BHP with you.

Cheers,
Old 11th April 2009, 21:40   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
that, Backseatdriver, is SWEET! will need to wait and watch if the mods let that article remain or merge it with Skoda's international article. if this remains, I guess we can use this for all future activity.
@ blacmagic:

Can you add this link in Skoda Auto / Skoda India wikipedia to cite again an instance of poor dealer network?

Rs 20,000 to be paid as compensation - Chandigarh - Cities - The Times of India

Cheers,
Old 11th April 2009, 22:44   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
From that news report

I hope Skoda packs their bags and goes back.
I too hope that they leave soon, however they will NOT go back UNLESS the CONSUMER teaches them a lesson which they will not forget in their life time. Its high time the end user gets affirmative and demands service rather than being at the mercy of the DEALERS and such spurious manufacturers.
Old 11th April 2009, 23:54   #1303
BANNED

diff, the article is not specific about the problem and mentions that the court decided to award the customer 20K as a token compensation. it would have been better if the article had been more specific about at least a few reasons why the customer had to go to the service center again and again.
in my opinion, that article would not make a good citation. however, Ill still add it if you insist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@ blacmagic:

Can you add this link in Skoda Auto / Skoda India wikipedia to cite again an instance of poor dealer network?

Rs 20,000 to be paid as compensation - Chandigarh - Cities - The Times of India

Cheers,
Old 12th April 2009, 00:11   #1304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
... ... ...Forget stuff like brake pads, even Engine oil is changed every service because it is exposed to wear and tear isnt it? Am I missing something here? I don't see how Skoda is not responsible for repairs of wear and tear items.
Sorry, Amit, I have missed the point somewhere on this one (So many posts!) and I'm confused.

I think that if a company puts it big brand name all over the premises of albeit-legally-independent dealers then it should take responsibility for what they do, for its own sake, because they are doing it in the company's name. It makes basic marketing sense for them to do so, never mind any higher thinking like ethics.

However, I've find an ever widening gap between what I call common sense, and the way that businesses actually do things. I'm also convinced that my common-sense way would, ultimately, be more profitable.

But hey... it's easy to sit here and type <Blush>
Old 12th April 2009, 00:29   #1305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
I still havent got written confirmation of what they told me on the phone- That they`ll repaint my car and replace the LCU.

I hope they now also have the decency to get me a spare key which I`ve been asking about for really long and to service the car.
as long as they follow through on their commitments it does not matter if the confirmation is written or verbal.

BTW what happened to your spare key?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni View Post
I too hope that they leave soon, however they will NOT go back UNLESS the CONSUMER teaches them a lesson which they will not forget in their life time. Its high time the end user gets affirmative and demands service rather than being at the mercy of the DEALERS and such spurious manufacturers.
rajiv, getting Skoda or Honda or any car manufactruer to leave is not the solution. The object here is to get fair and reasonable service at a fair and reasonable price within a fair and resonable time frame.

Skoda India

On many an occasion your representatives have quoted J.D Power. Well today in the TOI I read a report by the same J.D Power that by 2011 car sales in India are expected to almost double from 1.4-1.5 million cars today to 2.6-2.8 million car in 2011.

This means your market will double sales in 2 (at best 3 years). Which other market are you operating in with this growth rate?

Marketing 101 will teach you that the value of the word of mouth of your consumer cannot be replaced by any other from of marketing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks