Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 12:28   #1366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
SKODA according to me is not tasting success due to lack of competition, its mainly because of CRAZY INDIAN PEOPLE MENTALITY. sorry to say that but i find this true including me. the moment one looks at skoda one thing comes to mind. this is prestigious car, a costly one owned by successful ( not brain wise) people. this is my dream car.
when a normal person buys a car he surfs the reviews on the net for days and months. but skoda is an obsession. people put in lacs on it, later to realize the horror experience. thanks to skodaASS and costly spares
Well well... That reads like a rather sharp opinion regarding the buyers of a particular brand,

If you go through the profiles of most of the Skoda owners they would fall in basically 2 categories,

1) Need to have the luxury, features and must have diesel
2) Need value for money in terms of equipment, features, performance per lac spent.

I do not think that Skoda is selling due to the perceived brand image, rather in my opinion, Civic, Corolla and Accords have a much bigger brand appeal for the buyers buying on limited research. The equation changes though when you do a side by side comparison on features etc. on a side by side and here the balance tilts towards Skoda. What a buyer usually is not able to factor in the beginning is the *** etc. as every brand has its share of stories.

One of my acquantainces who was going in for his first car chose Swift diesel, waited for almost 8 months for delivery ( In the meantime maruti was enjoyig the interest on the huge deposit he had to make), did not get the color he booked and accepted it anyway (othersise he would have to extend his wait furhter). Now he has a bulge in a tyre and the same dealer is telling him that they cannot do anything and he needs to contact the tyre manufacturer directly!

The point Im making is that there are extreme cases all around, but as a buyer you normally do your research within the parameters you choose and there is always a risk involved. and no one spends upwards of a million rupees just for the badge, not a Skoda certainly.

Just my 2 cents,
Old 14th April 2009, 12:46   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
hahaha!

Now that would be something, wont it? An itsy bitsy teeny weeny, yellow polka dot Czekini!
that was cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep JMD is overall quite good. they even can at times reach the Customer Delight Levels.
Yes. The Owners/Directors, Gullubhai and his son Drupad are good people. They had a fine gentleman as GM in Mr. Sethna. Works Manager Hormuz Dee was a fine chap. Service Advisors/Engineers, Mr. Jatinder and Mr. Umesh were very competent.

Overall the front office staff were very cordial and responsive. Clean facilities, well dressed mechanics, etc. I would agree, JMD is good. They even cut a cake for me, at the workshop, on my birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
3 days off T-BHP and I miss so much! Need an hour to read up! Any updates on the court case Harish?
22nd April - Honourable District forum
27th April - Honourable State forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
I`m planning to go and leave my car at JIA either today or dayafter, feel a little weird though. Very uncertain.
Hey evo, all the best. Don't worry, they wouldn't have the nerve to play with your car now.

valhallen.282, lorrenl

lets get these cheated guys together.

GTO, YC, dockap, amit, backseat, Kb100, anupmathur, johnjacob, diffsoft, bama, tinnieboy, mav2000 and all of you out there -

THANKS.

Last edited by harishv : 14th April 2009 at 12:47.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:04   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
SKODA according to me is not tasting success due to lack of competition, its mainly because of CRAZY INDIAN PEOPLE MENTALITY.
Amit:

The mentality may exist initially (akin to window shopping) but when you are about to shell out cash we automatically start looking at value.

I went for the Skoda Octavia Combi initially because it has terrific build quality, excellent paint finish (I haven't heard of Japanese / Korean car makers offering 2 year paint warranty), great features - Xenon lamps, true lumbar support, good safety and rear seats folding flat, with great attention to details (like increasing ORVM span of vision by splitting the mirror with 2 levels of convexity) and a super Diesel engine. The car just sticks to the road at high speeds, unlike my Verna which starts wobbling at 120+.

Further they also offer terrific mileage - about 12 - 13 in City and 18 in highway on Diesel - not heard of because we always assumed luxury cars have poor mileage.

The flip side is extreme negative levels and unethical of A*S*S - to the extent that parts get stolen and so on - something unheard off I guess by a reputed car maker.

@ Harish

Not sure if you have this in your repository:

Mera Chandigarh - Chandigarh Consumer Forum Penalizes Skoda Auto India Private Limited

SKODA LAURA Review, SKODA LAURA Price, Mileage, poor service,careful about tyres - MouthShut.com

SKODA OCTAVIA - PETROL Review, SKODA OCTAVIA - PETROL Price, Mileage, Horrible Skoda Service - MouthShut.com

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 14th April 2009 at 13:12.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:12   #1369
BHPian

one of the buyers of the new superb on team-bhp has mentioned that there is no option for extending warranty. Basically after one year at their mercy

Scary
Old 14th April 2009, 13:18   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
one of the buyers of the new superb on team-bhp has mentioned that there is no option for extending warranty. Basically after one year at their mercy

Scary

Skoda has a standard 2 years unlimited Kms warranty and no option of an extended warranty from them, yes you are right beyond this period you are at their mercy.

or you get liberated after that as you can go to the independent workshops without the risk of voiding the warranty or worse still getting the parts replaced!
Old 14th April 2009, 15:02   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Ombre, from what I see, Skoda worms have spread all over the country and spilling over.
At this rate, its gonna be doomed very soon, for sure. Thank God I don't own a Skoda.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:38   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
or you get liberated after that as you can go to the independent workshops without the risk of voiding the warranty or worse still getting the parts replaced!
With all the important & expensive parts replaced already, it does not materially affect them at all!
Old 14th April 2009, 19:51   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Now thats a good find! Skoda higher-ups probably haven't seen this yet!
(Gives me another reason to like wikipedia!)
Looks like they have seen it. When I looked up now that section does not exist. History indicates that the user IanManka removed it at 11.24 AM today with the following comment - "remove "Consumer Litigation" section -- all refs were based on alleged mistreatments, or misunderstandings by the consumers, not by Skoda necessairily"
Old 14th April 2009, 21:57   #1374
BHPian

Where is the damage control from Skoda India?
They could stop spending money on advertising the superb and instead spend some on people who are smart enough to talk to us on an open forum.

Word of mouth advertising > TV ads
Old 15th April 2009, 00:01   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Looks like they have seen it. When I looked up now that section does not exist. History indicates that the user IanManka removed it at 11.24 AM today with the following comment - "remove "Consumer Litigation" section -- all refs were based on alleged mistreatments, or misunderstandings by the consumers, not by Skoda necessairily"
guys, yesterday I posted a wiki link with "Consumer Litigation" category! As mentioned by fellow member: cnaganathan it has been removed. However someone is persistent and has now added it again on wiki.

posting the link again. scroll down to "Criticism" this time
now Nummer Eins Auto has also been mentioned. whoever adding this, deserves a double thumbs up

linky: Å*koda India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers
Old 15th April 2009, 00:46   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Wiki!!

Wondering if what we are doing here is more relevant than anything wiki can influence!
Old 15th April 2009, 00:50   #1377
Senior - BHPian

the links were removed by wikipedia admins for good reasons. I'd suggest people think twice before unecessarily adding links and starting an unwanted edit war
Old 15th April 2009, 01:58   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the links were removed by wikipedia admins for good reasons. I'd suggest people think twice before unecessarily adding links and starting an unwanted edit war
I will certainly appreciate if you may be kind enough to explain as how does removing the links was for good? Ofcourse,such things attract lengthy debates but in the end if atleast we know that everything that is being posted there is cent percent true,it will surely be sad to see the topics being removed from there.Wikipedia is a highly sought after source of info and i guess if people get alerted/aware of skoda's policy thru the topics at wikipedia,our purpose will be met.Its a matter of fact that the number of people consulting wikipedia is higher or atleast almost equal to the number of people consulting teambhp regarding the manufacturers. So,IMHO instead of time and again removing/editing the topics,the people at wikipedia should as well realise the truthness behind those topics and let it be there for atleast sometime unless a concrete proof against the topic(s) surfaces.
Old 15th April 2009, 07:09   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Wikipedia has its own culture and rules. You play according to those or don't play at all. It's just the way it is.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:56   #1380
BHPian

Featured on Google Staff Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post

Now this blog is featured on 'Google Staff Picks - What's hot in Google' section of Google reader. This sure is gonna get a lot of international attention.

Most Viewed