Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2020, 18:19   #2626

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!

The more I go through the threads about Skoda on this forum the deeper I sink with worries

I have a four year old superb , out of warranty , and ignition push button is acting funny

Degrading every passing day
Yugansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 19:23   #2627
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!

Highly deplorable behaviour by Skoda. Trying to shoot the messenger is going to backfire. I find it tough how they hire the best dumbwits in the town. Fixing a fault should be much cheaper than hiring lawyers and trying to muzzle the truth.
Old 12th September 2020, 19:55   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugansh View Post
I have a four year old superb , out of warranty , and ignition push button is acting funny
You can say that it should not go wrong, and you'd be right... but stuff does, and rather than suffer all the worries, I'd advise you to go for it and get the thing fixed. There is no point in pre-judging the service guys, unless you have had bad experience so far.

Also, as your warranty has expired, there is no pressure to go to a dealer: you might be able to get it fixed by an independent workshop.

Don't sink in the worries unless or until you know you have good reason to do so!

Hope it works out well...
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 12:21   #2629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Don't sink in the worries unless or until you know you have good reason to do so! .
Agree. Check with Skoda first and ask for a formal written estimate with a breakup of parts and labor. Check concurrently with a FNG. I suspect the part may be available only with Skoda though.

I'd suggest don't delay the change. Last thing you want is to be stranded somewhere because of the switch. Also read up how to start the cast with the manual metal key.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 12:45   #2630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugansh View Post
The more I go through the threads about Skoda on this forum the deeper I sink with worries

Degrading every passing day
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Highly deplorable behaviour by Skoda. Trying to shoot the messenger is going to backfire. I find it tough how they hire the best dumbwits in the town. Fixing a fault should be much cheaper than hiring lawyers and trying to muzzle the truth.
Guys this thread is very old and a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

The entire management has seen a change, dealers have been shut and things are on the up in general.

However this does not mean there are no longer any reliability issues with the cars. Owners still have issues but in general the way they have been addressed is better than before.

My suggestion would be to reach out to Skoda and Zac Hollis. If the car is 4 years old and just out of warranty there are high chances they will look at goodwill warranty.

He is very active on Twitter and FB and replies to everyone there. He also shares his e-mail ID for addressing any issues: Zachary.hollis@skoda-auto.co.in

At the end I can only tell you buying a Skoda is always going to be a gamble and very rarely smooth sailing. Earlier it was a gamble with car as well as after sales, however with the changes, the after sales are improving from what I know and hear from owners. The cars are still a gamble though
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 13:43   #2631

That's not much of a soother but I'll still hope for further improved response in future

Not hoping as such isn't too much if a choice when you have bought the car already

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th September 2020 at 14:45. Reason: you and not u please
Yugansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 18:36   #2632

I had a Superb for eight years and saw the service (TAFE Blr) improve significantly. Never had any major issue with either the car or service till I sold the Superb last month
Old 14th September 2020, 18:55   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skvinod View Post
I had a Superb for eight years and saw the service (TAFE Blr) improve significantly. Never had any major issue with either the car or service till I sold the Superb last month
Yes!. Exactly. Majority are satisfied customers who will not post or praise their experiences anywhere as that is what the experience is supposed to be- Satisfactory!.

From my service experience with many different brands in my circle, I am now reasonably confident that each one is as good or as bad as the other, probably with the exception of Toyota.
Old 24th February 2021, 10:01   #2634
Senior - BHPian

This tweet by Zac is more appropriate here in this thread. How the tide has changed !

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5008531
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-smartselect_20210224074700_twitter.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 24th February 2021 at 10:14.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 16:50   #2635
BHPian

I was seriously considering a Skoda Kodiaq when it becomes available again. But now that i have seen this thread, I am very worried.

Is the ASS still the same ? I wouldn't want to put that kind of money into a car and be bitter about it. Not sure what to do. It is not like that segment has a lot of options
oh_maan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks