Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 16:08   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Does Skoda's response to Kapil mean is that the Czech parent has no control over its India operations other than mentioning issues in 'communications'?

Does that also mean that the India operations guys can jolly well do what they want (how about shooting oneself in the foot, for starters) and the Czechs will only 'communicate'!

I have heard management doublespeak before but this really takes the cake.
They are just trying to avoid liability in Indian courts and being made a party to the current legal proceeding. In fact, Jolly must now immediately include the Czech company and its international directors as parties to the proceeding. You will be amazed at the results of doing so. Of course there is nothing like the threat of criminal proceeding against directors on charges of cheating. But it also means that Skoda will go out all guns blazing against Jolly (not just posting meaningless threats against T-bhp).

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th March 2009 at 16:33. Reason: fixed qoute issue
Old 28th March 2009, 16:15   #197
BHPian

Man this is the most outrageous comments that I have heard from Skoda.

Harish - We are all with you and will fight the case with you if necessary. I will also ensure that none of my friends and family ever buy a Skoda car.

GTO - appreciate the way you have taken up this issue. Time to teach Skoda a lesson. Indian customers are not to be treated like this.
Old 28th March 2009, 16:15   #198
BHPian

Its the way BIG officials just pass the blame off and shrug it off their shoulders. They don't accept anything and don't really blame anyone. HOwever they have very clearly acccepted the damages caused to my car but coolly say that we should deal with the Dealership.

Thats secondary that it took a year and we had to compramise and I did loose a lot in this entire event. But thats because I had to. I mean, I could not just keep running around and picking up the car and delivering it the next day again for repairs. It reached its limit.

I have a suggestion for Meghna. Give your car to me for six months. I dare you. and I promise, I will not even touch it. I'll just park it in my garage. But I would love to see the trouble that you go through without a car. Go without it for just six days and you'll get a feeling what we mean here.

I even said this to the service manager at your dealership, who drives a maruti 800, and he kept his mouth shut after that. Because his comments on the damages were " Sir, itne maheene gaadi chodoge to saaman gayab aur tootega hee."

wow. And this is where cars come to get fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Does Skoda's response to Kapil mean is that the Czech parent has no control over its India operations other than mentioning issues in 'communications'?

Does that also mean that the India operations guys can jolly well do what they want (how about shooting oneself in the foot, for starters) and the Czechs will only 'communicate'!

I have heard management doublespeak before but this really takes the cake.
Old 28th March 2009, 16:16   #199
BHPian

This has to be the most opportune time to set an example before all car manufacturers that "WE WOULDN'T TAKE THESE KINDA THINGS LYING DOWN". "WE WILL RAISE OUR VOICE AGAINST DISCRIMINATION", " WE WILL GO DOWN FIGHTING (if it has to be).

P.S. : Sorry for shouting
Moreover now the new skoda superb being launched.... lets give it a great big welcome hug to the country. I for my part have stopped two of my friends from booking the said car. Now one's booked Accord, and one's got loony..going all over board and getting a Jaguar XF

Last edited by isldhn : 28th March 2009 at 16:17. Reason: More than two smilies
Old 28th March 2009, 16:23   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
or lose thousands of cars = word of mouth from 40k people. You must have learnt word of mouth is the best marketing possible.
A friend of mine, who almost finalized a Fabia with Gurudev, has put his purchase on hold seeing all the dramas going here forwarded by me.

Iam planning to put the links in my corporate blog to contribute from my end for the damages to Skoda
Old 28th March 2009, 16:23   #201
BHPian

hey kapiljolly79 that scanned letter is shocking. it just means that they dont take the blame for any"mistakes" made during service.

This basically means if your skoda meets with an accident and goes to a dealership for repairs, God help you
Old 28th March 2009, 16:24   #202
Senior - BHPian

I wasn't following this thread for a while but the developments have been shocking to say the least! I just did my bit by forwarding this to all my contacts.

I will never ever buy a Skoda or VW.
Old 28th March 2009, 16:26   #203
BHPian

@ Meghna,

GTO has been generous in his statements and tolerance towards Skoda India.

What could have been done by Team BHP is as follows

1) every review of Skoda cars on this board would have come with a disclaimer and a link to this thread.
2) Permanent ban to anyone who wishes to positively encourage the use and purchase of Skoda India cars.
3) Dissuade actively, readers from making a decision on buying a Skoda India product post the experiences by various users of Skoda's products on the forum
4) Not allowing users to post on the forum anything in relation to Skoda reviews whether good or bad.

This has not been done means that Team Bhp is a neutral platform where exchanges of communications leading to a mutually beneficial outcome to both the aggrieved party and Skoda India.

However by your immature and uncalled for statement on the board which conveyed a veiled threat and dissuade an open discussion on issues which are being faced by many users of Skoda India's cars has lead to only one conclusion.

That is that you as a company do not have the needs of your customer in mind. Your dealers are more like mercenaries who wish to gain at all costs, this predicament you are in is thanks to a dealer. Your statements have only furthered the prospect of any brokered peace between Harishv and Skoda India.

Do you realise that your grammatical errors may stand and be reported to the honourable District Court ? The plaintiff does have the right to provide your posts on this thread to the court.

What various readers of Team bhp have done is gone ahead and made aware users on facebook, orkut and other networking sites to the attitude displayed by you and Skoda India in this matter.

Ma'am, this is simply a case of the foot in the mouth at the wrong time after stepping on something the cat brought in.

Last but not the least team bhp is only the platform on which exchange of communication exists. You do not threaten the paper manufacturer in the event you get a written threat do you ?
Old 28th March 2009, 16:30   #204
Senior - BHPian

@ kapiljolly,

this seems to be like a gutter , from the above it can be inferred that

1. SKODA CZEZ is not responsible for the CRAP that SKODA INDIA does
2. SKODA INDIA is not responsible for the CRAP that dealer does.
3. The dealer is not responsible for the CRAP that he does.

The only person responsible if the customer who has made a decision of buying a skoda.
Old 28th March 2009, 16:31   #205
BANNED

Thank you Skoda corporate

You have strengthened the power of TEAM-BHP and brought all TBHPian together to fight against poor service and deaf skoda dealers.

This will continue till either skoda changes its attitude or leaves india

Thanks god i didnt buy a fabia ,(just go throught netchef's threads i was about to buy it and almost decided 90% to buy it)
Old 28th March 2009, 16:33   #206
BHPian

I have gone thru this thread word by word, and in every detail, checking references made and all.

What I think here that instead of Skoda's so called PR threatening us (BHPians), they should better work on their A.S.S. first.

@Skoda Corporate
Do you even realise the importance of what you are representing. Being into PR you have in no way kept the the name of your company in good books, rather thats deteriorated further.

@Harishv
We all are with you, companies like Skoda can't take the consumer for a ride. They are there because of us.

PS: 2 potential customers turned away from buying a superb and a fabia. They have booked a Honda Accord and Swift Vdi respectively.
Old 28th March 2009, 16:37   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
I
I have a suggestion for Meghna. Give your car to me for six months. I dare you. and I promise, I will not even touch it. I'll just park it in my garage. But I would love to see the trouble that you go through without a car. Go without it for just six days and you'll get a feeling what we mean here.

I even said this to the service manager at your dealership, who drives a maruti 800, and he kept his mouth shut after that. Because his comments on the damages were " Sir, itne maheene gaadi chodoge to saaman gayab aur tootega hee."

wow. And this is where cars come to get fixed.
why keep it, use it in front of her, steal parts from it and replace it with fake parts. replace the entire engine.

after listening to the above statement in BOLD maine wo service engineer ko udhar hi toda hota.
Old 28th March 2009, 16:39   #208
Senior - BHPian

My heart goes out to the Skoda owners who have to deal with such customer "service" professionals *cough cough*.

I must say I'm thankful to Ms. Meghna for affirming (yet again) that I made a good decision NOT to buy a Skoda Fabia, and bought a Swift ZXi instead.

Harish, godspeed with the class action. Maybe this will go down in history as the first such mass-action against an automobile company in India. I bet this thread will catch the attention of the media in the matter of a day or so (we already have a few automotive journalists here). Your case, and the amount of publicity that your thread has got must have got them really scared, for them to have come to TBHP and threatened us. It simply means that you are doing things right, and they are beginning to hurt where it matters. Keep up the pressure.
Old 28th March 2009, 16:48   #209
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! I am just overwhelmed after reading the entire thread! I have never felt more proud to be associated with TEAM-BHP!
Lets take Skoda (or anyone else who threatens us) head on!

I hereby pledge to do all that I can to help the Skoda victims!
Old 28th March 2009, 16:49   #210
BHPian

A very good thread and I would love to watch it till its logical conclusion.
My expectations would be
1) Decision makers at Skoda India and Global Corporate receive and read the contents
2) Take corrective actions
3) Understand and appreciate the real issue till resolution ( satisfactory).

Committing a wrong may be pardoned but refusing to accept the truth and undo the mistake is foolhardiness and on top of that using a legal terminology like 'instigate' is ridiculous. Perhaps this is the first ever thread that I read where GTO used powerful words to emphasize loudly and clearly.

And yes me too here to support in whatever lil ways I can. BTW I own a Skoda (Laura ) and pretty happy with it with no problems till now ( touch wood!!).

Most Viewed