Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 16:49   #211
BHPian

Hahahahha. If you find that shocking, you have seen nothing yet.

Imagine you get a phone call from the dealer that the car is ready for delivery and we must have it picked up. You reach the dealerhsip to get the biggest shock of your life. Imagine your car here. You come to pick it up after six months and its standing with flat tyres, car is covered with dust, wet interiors, broken headlight, dent on the bonnet and side skirt, missing front grills, broken d pillar dressing inside, broken ash try, all air con vents inside the car broken, complete audio wiring disconnected and that too just cut and lying inside the door panel, screw drivers scars on the entire dash panel, broken steering column cover, dead battery, burnt fuse box installed on battery and a few more to list.

I have a feeling that you're in a shock just reading this. Now imagine the plight I went through. And I have it in written that the car is ready for delivery. They emailed me the same day to come pick it up.

And when I lost my cool over this sight, the manager there just said "Sir, we haven't delivered the car to you yet."

Excuse me!!!! You called me over to show me my car or prove to me that the dealership is nothing better than a road side amatuer workshop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
hey kapiljolly79 that scanned letter is shocking. it just means that they dont take the blame for any"mistakes" made during service.

This basically means if your skoda meets with an accident and goes to a dealership for repairs, God help you
Old 28th March 2009, 16:54   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hahahahha. If you find that shocking, you have seen nothing yet.

Imagine you get a phone call from the dealer that the car is ready for delivery and we must have it picked up. You reach the dealerhsip to get the biggest shock of your life. Imagine your car here. You come to pick it up after six months and its standing with flat tyres, car is covered with dust, wet interiors, broken headlight, dent on the bonnet and side skirt, missing front grills, broken d pillar dressing inside, broken ash try, all air con vents inside the car broken, complete audio wiring disconnected and that too just cut and lying inside the door panel, screw drivers scars on the entire dash panel, broken steering column cover, dead battery, burnt fuse box installed on battery and a few more to list.

I have a feeling that you're in a shock just reading this. Now imagine the plight I went through. And I have it in written that the car is ready for delivery. They emailed me the same day to come pick it up.

And when I lost my cool over this sight, the manager there just said "Sir, we haven't delivered the car to you yet."

Excuse me!!!! You called me over to show me my car or prove to me that the dealership is nothing better than a road side amatuer workshop!!
man u call someone to pick the car and show this scene? is it MTV BAKRA? what is this.
I would have started throwing stones at the showroom and the service engineers.
i think its time we become MNS members. i bet skoda will quit india.

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2009 at 20:16. Reason: Lets stick to appropriate language please
Old 28th March 2009, 16:58   #213
BHPian

Oh man. Trust me. I felt like driving the car out and ramming it into the dealership. But the place itself is in such shamble that you cannot imagine it being a Skoda Dealership. I urge you to go to Continental Motors on Mathura Road in Delhi and just have a look at the dealership. Trust me, Maruti has far superior workshops and dealerships. And I mean it.

And on that note I must quote that this is my century post. 100th.

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 28th March 2009 at 17:00.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:21   #214
Senior - BHPian

In my life, In India or in any part of this world I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND A SKODA for ANYONE!

There are better cars and better service. Skoda, you better quit India.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:29   #215
Senior - BHPian

I think Skoda people have completely lost it...rather than instigating us(T-BHP) they should concentrate on improving themselves and their dealerships.....
After hearing the horrid experiences of Mr.Harish and other fellow BHPians...I think we made a right decision to buy a Hyundai over a Skoda last year....

Last edited by agspins : 28th March 2009 at 17:37.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:31   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Perhaps this can be replicated in every city that Skoda operates in. Maybe we can even co-ordinate the date and time to make it a nationwide thing!
More the delay, more the damages to Skoda.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:31   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
You come to pick it up after six months and its standing with flat tyres, car is covered with dust, wet interiors, broken headlight, dent on the bonnet and side skirt, missing front grills, broken d pillar dressing inside, broken ash try, all air con vents inside the car broken, complete audio wiring disconnected and that too just cut and lying inside the door panel, screw drivers scars on the entire dash panel, broken steering column cover, dead battery, burnt fuse box installed on battery and a few more to list.

Excuse me!!!! You called me over to show me my car or prove to me that the dealership is nothing better than a road side amateur workshop!!
Trust me a roadside wala workshop will do a much better job. Damm These people need to be taught a lesson.

Team BHP stands united with you kapil, Harish and everyone who has faced this treatment at the hands of SKODA India...
Old 28th March 2009, 17:37   #218
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why this low ranking car maker think they are the most prestigious car makers in india.Check the international scene.Skodas are a very average car maker.Nothing like the super luxury they portray in india.

You can say whatever you want to but you can't change the quality of your cars.which by the way is really very very bad.look at your horns.most of them are replaced in the first month.and then there are different quality niggles.

Why did skoda never give an extended warranty for the laura.because they knew it had major problems.Only when they had to clear stocks which were mounting to losses that they started giving the extended warranty.
What good is your car if it cannot run on mineral oil?
Why are customers forced to run on synthetic oil which is so expensive?

Thank goodness that i never bought a skoda.

You guys say your car is a very good car.However good your car might be if the ownership experience is not good then its a useless piece of junk.

I'm standing by TBHP on this.

And i'm with every skoda customer who has problems with the car which these guys are not solving.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 28th March 2009 at 17:40.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:38   #219
Senior - BHPian

GTO,

While I totally agree with Team-Bhp's stand on the issue, many members are just having fun posting here with no business.( not pointing to any member here)

I agree Skoda has interacted in the wrong way but I think team-bhp needs to maintain its quality. judging from the way Skoda people are participating online on our boards, they are young and lack experience.

It's time this thread is cleaned up if we really need some qualitative communication from Skoda for our Member who is the real victim.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 28th March 2009 at 17:39.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:39   #220
Senior - BHPian

I am saddened today to have a Octavia in my parking garage. And a close friend whose Laura I admire everyday and when infact I was actually looking forward to TD and maybe buying the new Superb.

I recently paid a 40k + bill for a clutch change at Acumen motors, I really feel now I should take a closer look at whats done with my car. I will definitely and strongly share this story with friends and ask them to make up their own opinions.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:46   #221
Senior - BHPian

Found these Skoda jokes...

The Czech Pages - Skoda Jokes

The greatest Skoda joke [Archive] - PPRuNe Forums
Old 28th March 2009, 17:48   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
GTO,
I agree Skoda has interacted in the wrong way but I think team-bhp needs to maintain its quality. judging from the way Skoda people are participating online on our boards, they are young and lack experience.

It's time this thread is cleaned up if we really need some qualitative communication from Skoda for our Member who is the real victim.

Just my two cents.
Devarshi, is this inside information you have about Skoda Corporate?
In what capacity are you associated with the company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Ma'am, this is simply a case of the foot in the mouth at the wrong time after stepping on something the cat brought in.
Foot in mouth is a common occurrence and happens to most people at some time or the other.

The extreme form is very rare: In this the foot gets swallowed while in the mouth and in a tragic turn of events gets blown out the rear end.
Now the victim is tied up in a hopeless knot that cannot be undone!

Last edited by anupmathur : 28th March 2009 at 18:05.
Old 28th March 2009, 18:12   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

The internet is fantastic!

A few years ago nobody could ever hope to get this sort of support. Even the attention of the newspapers would be lost in 24 hours.

Team-BHP has to be one of the best places on that internet. Good work all! Whatever they say in public, I am confident that there must be some shouting and screaming about this going on in Skoda. Of course, if there isn't, then there is absolutely no hope whatsovever for the company. If I'm wrong, then words fail me at such corporate arrogance. Which wouldn't be the first time :(.

I wonder if this has reached Skoda in Europe yet? (excuse me if I missed any news: several pages have been posted while I was out)

Sam... From way back: shouldn't that have been customers' cars, as it was a plural possessive!
Old 28th March 2009, 18:15   #224
BHPian

Okay guys a little heads up for Skoda...
I have been busy forwarding the link to this thread to all my friends who own Skodas and here is what has happened:
[Skoda India please make note of this!]

Case 1) A friend of mine, from a prominent business family here in Mumbai. He has 3 Skodas, 1 Superb (3 years old, diesel), 2 Octavias (2 years and 4 years old respectively, one is L&K model, other is Rider). He has purchased his cars from JMD Motors and says they are extremely professional, and service is decent. However he has always felt cheated with his Octavias eating through their clutches quite frequently. This thread has pushed him overboard, and he says and I quote:

"JMD is good, but *** is this, this poor chap has a problem and Skoda themselves are just taking it easy. Man F this, my cars have got to go! Kya patha kal mera number aajaye"

He has since decided to dispose off of all his Skodas including 15 owned by his 3 companies in service for his top employees.

His problem is not that he has had a bad experience, it's that these issues are cropping up on relatively new cars, and the cost both with respect to time and money seem to be prohibitive in maintaining these old Skodas. Therefore he feels it's better to let go of these cars before the real maintainance costs surface!

Case 2) My upstairs neighbour - He is a fairly young gentleman, in his early 30s. A pilot with Jet Air, who enjoys many of the finer things in life. Among these things are 2 Skoda Octavias (1.8 TPI and Rider) and 1 Mitsubishi Cedia.

OK scary part for Anil is that his Rider was purchased from Nummer Eins. He too has faced problems with regard to this dealership, but not anything to the tune of replacing parts etc. He tells me they were not courtious, nor did they have any idea of punctuality with regards to delivery of his car. He now wished to sell of his Rider and has asked me if he should keep his TPi. Sadly I'm not a Skoda supporter in any way, so will see what happens to that. But the Nummer Eins Skoda must go!!!

This is just what has happened in one day. Man with the recession on, people are really getting scared with these prohibitive costs being posted about Skoda service costs. I mean Jolly's post about the 2.5 lakhs spent due to no fault of his own, man that's one the nailbiters right there!

Skoda please wake up, as you've just lost 2 customers who owned a combined total of 20 Skoda cars! 19 Octavias and 1 Superb...

Dr. Girish
DocG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2009, 18:19   #225
BHPian

Lol!! What a gaffe!

this reminds me of the time when Metallica wanted people to stop downloading their music and ranted about the same in public!!

Although i would have never bought a Skoda anyways because of their A.S.S., i have now also lost all respect for their way of conducting business.

Its a shame!

Elito

Most Viewed