Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 01:20   #271
BHPian

@ mmmjgm: just click on one and u will be taken to another webpage which shows details of the 365 TBHPians and 1 member

He has been a member here since 9th sept 07 and doesnt have a single post to his credit.
Need i say more

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2009 at 02:15. Reason: Post edited. All members are entitled to their own opinion - lets not get personal about it please.
Old 29th March 2009, 01:29   #272
Team-BHP Support

The entire world needs to know how skoda threatens its customers who complain about their products.
Its shameful. Selling lousy products is one thing, but stooping to such low levels!
Old 29th March 2009, 01:43   #273
abk
BHPian

Dear feedspeed,

It is interesting you voted against Team-BHP not standing up for its right to the freedom of speech & the TRUTH. Of course you are not required, but if you could elaborate on the rational behind your vote, shall certainly help enlightening the rest of the folks.
Old 29th March 2009, 02:12   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,

Who is the best dealer for Skoda in various cities? Lets have a list so us owners who can't sell off their vehicle (no money and no alternative to a Combi in my case as we only want a Station Wagon) have an idea as to which dealerships are good for service?
Thanks!
Old 29th March 2009, 02:24   #275
BHPian

@abk- feedspeed has made 0 posts till date and has been a member since sep2007, it's unlikely that we hear from him.
@feedspeed- if you do read this i would like to tell us about your divergent views
Old 29th March 2009, 02:33   #276
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

No reason I think, just someone having a bit of fun.
Old 29th March 2009, 02:40   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Harish, godspeed with the class action. Maybe this will go down in history as the first such mass-action against an automobile company in India. I bet this thread will catch the attention of the media in the matter of a day or so (we already have a few automotive journalists here). Your case, and the amount of publicity that your thread has got must have got them really scared, for them to have come to TBHP and threatened us. It simply means that you are doing things right, and they are beginning to hurt where it matters. Keep up the pressure.
I will hydrashok. I hope members come forward and join up. Thank You.
Old 29th March 2009, 03:18   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I don't know what Autobahn is since i don't live in India but from your post it seems it is a Skoda dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
My goodness. They all are hand in glove.
meghna.choksey@skoda-auto.co.in
meghna.choksey@autobahn.co.in
my appologies. Yes Autobahn is a Skoda dealer. And yes from what I've been told Meghna Choskey used to work for Autobahn and now works for Skoda. I did not however know that she held both positions at the same time - a direct conflict of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
most Team-BHP members are Opinion Makers in car purchase decisions of their family and friends.

Skoda cars have been very popular on Team-BHP, despite the bad service reputation and high spare parts cost. However, in a single afternoon, Skoda Marketing manager has turned the tide.
Exactly.

1. TBHPians are often people sought when a family member or friend is looking to purchase a car.
2. Skoda cars have always been fun to drive from the 1.9Tdi to the 1.8Tpi to the new 1.8TSi Superb. But a fun car not even half the battle. In India especially After Sales Service (from common courtesy to cost of spares to running costs) is essential. Hyundai and Maruti seem to have got this right and today have a loyal repeat customer base.

What I would like to know Skoda/JMD is, what was so difficult in fixing Harish's car and returning to him a car, in good time, that was reliable?

Is taking on all of TBHP the easier, more effortless, more practical way?

Lets assume (conservatively) that at the end of this ordeal Skoda looses orders for about 50 cars each valued at say an approximate value of 20L. That is Rs. 10,00,00,000 in sales not counting the bad publicity.

Skoda looses these order not because of Harish's ordeal but because Skoda made a hash of their PR/CRM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Official Porsche Website
This is just my suggestion, of course, open to debate and/or retraction.
Unfortunately for Porsche Skoda India is an insignificant entity.
Old 29th March 2009, 03:52   #279
BHPian

All i can say about skoda is that if you make cars which have more reliability issues than TATA or FIAT than probably you should just With you heads Down FIX them ,if some people are still buying Your Cars Rather than Trying To Charge more than What BMW or MERCEDES
Charges For A.S.S

Secondly Being A car manufacturer you Should
Understand that if one Keeps the car for 6-8 Years (Thought i Doubt
Skoda Will RUN that Long ,even in a rare case if the Cars Works I still have very much Doubt About the OWNER ) It is Possible in this time Span To have 3-4 Accidents -- Major and Minor included , and a Few Electrical and and Mechanical Problems [ WHAT DOES SKODA THINKS THAT THE CUSTOMER WILL PAY THE PRICE OF A BMW 3 SERIES FIXING A LAURA OR
SUPERB I DONT THINK SO ]

Thirdly Like your Company doesn't know how to make trouble free cars
you also don't know how to talk to prospective customers , you re simply asking people not to speak against Skoda while skoda is silently killing peace of mind of innocent people who paid millions to buy your cars

I was considering Buying the New superb but with your reply i fell threatened that tomorrow if something goes wrong with my car and if i complained i will be sued and Sent to KALA PAANI OF Czech REPUBLIC

It also firms my belief that even if you buy a Honda accord with closed eyes you ll be better of in your life rather than buying a superb

I can say that even if one buyes a accidental USED 3 series or a C class Mercedes He ll Still be happier than buying a Superb

I don't think SKODA IS in a position to fight So many TEAM -BHPians
and if they want to Quit India alone or with Group companies it will not matter much TO Indian Car buyer who also pays more money for a less car all the time all the models and all the manufacturers

Last edited by rubin2006 : 29th March 2009 at 03:57.
Old 29th March 2009, 04:08   #280
BHPian

Brigade Road Skoda, Bangalore

Some time ago, last year, there was an angry customer who had parked his Skoda on Brigade road with labels all over the car.

This pic is of the bonnet of Skoda
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-skoda.jpg  

Old 29th March 2009, 04:12   #281
BHPian

Skoda doesnt know that this is Democratic India, the People's Country, Free Country.

This is no USA where you can sue people just because you dont like them.

Skoda will learn the hard way?
Old 29th March 2009, 04:44   #282
Senior - BHPian

I am shocked to see skoda's policies and their attitude towards its customers.I had not been regular to TeamBhp owing to exams and stuff and now as I go thru these forums,I am taken aback to say the least.
A close relative of mine was just finalising on the booking of a skoda laura MT,and after reading all these posts she has finally decided to stop her car-buying decision.Apart from it,the news has spread wide and far,there is a newly introduced thread on ORKUT's Indian Cars community and its a matter of time they will be face to face with skoda's behaviour towards its customer. I am in full support of TeamBhp and my co-members,also am in support of Mr.Harshiv on his legal battle with the manufacturer/dealers.

Its really sad and disheartening to see how we Indians get deceived by the manufacturers we almost tend to worship.Skoda is considered a low budget brand in Europe and our tag of Luxury Car maker for them now seems highly inappropriate. It wont be surprising for me atleast if Skoda are reffered as Thugs/Thieves in disguise of a highly respectable company.
Heck,my love for skodaRS has just seen a downfall due to this attitude of this 'luxury car maker'.As for initiating a legal case against TeamBhp,go on skoda,do that,you are already in deep sh*t and if you are in game for some more,please go ahead.TeamBhp will remain as clear and as respected as always regardless of Skoda's threats and allegations.
Period.
Old 29th March 2009, 07:08   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

One thing potential buyers may want to keep in Mind is that Skoda is owned by VolksWagen and the Octavia/Laura shares many parts with the Jetta and the Superb and Passat share the same platform so the issues with shared components are likey to surface in both models.
Old 29th March 2009, 07:11   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

4x4addict: Let's not forget that even Audi shares platforms with Skoda/VW.
Old 29th March 2009, 09:03   #285
BHPian

Quote:
FACT TWO : Skoda offers what is possibly the ABSOLUTE WORST after-sales service in the country. Simply put, here is a company that fails miserably in taking care of its premium customers. Customers who spend between 8 to 25 lakh rupees of their own hard-earned money on a supposedly premium car have to fight in court for a basic level of service. Search within the forum for actual owner reports of forged signatures, overcharging practices, inflated bills, outrageously priced spares, installing fake parts in place of original, mis-represented repair quotes, unreliability concerns and absolute lack of support from the parent company : Skoda India. This forum is full of actual Skoda HORROR stories by real-life customers of Skoda India.
I admit it.3 weeks back,my friend's octavia has met with an accident and I was there in the car.Nothing serious has happend,but car required some welding works and etc.We took the car to dealer and repair was done,but the bill was 15,000 INR.we were really shocked for such a high service price tag for a small welding work and other replacement.

and after seeing this topic as the hot thread on the homepage,i am joining to fight against it.Skoda must be loyal to their customers and it should provide a premium service in the quality but not in the price.

Most Viewed