Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 11:57   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
I was checking on the Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH? and only one person has told "No" who is that? Have they got any explanation for it?
What difference does it make? If thats his/her opinion, so be it.

I still cant believe the tone of the original mail/letter - dont they have a corporate communications department or a PR setup or at least a couple of lawyers in their office?

Couldnt they find ONE person with common sense in the entire organization?

Last edited by Steeroid : 29th March 2009 at 11:58.
Old 29th March 2009, 11:58   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Guys I would like to see TBHP being proactive and being part of the solution. Statements like this do not help.
True we should have TBHP being proactive. We should unite to support but in a amicable way as far as possible.

Quote:
What India needs is car companies that will
1. produce good fun reliable cars to drive that appeal to the Indian customer
2. back it up with an attentive sales team
3. back that up with a efficient and economical after sales service (which includes maintainance, customer relation management, and a preventinve maintenance program).
Well I guess that is needed everywhere, or any Industry from a toothpaste manufacturer to aircrafts.

Quote:

Every car company has had it's share of lemons and PR disasters. This is one such PR disaster for Skoda. What Skoda needs to do is to pick up the pieces and move on.

1. Draft a smart letter to TBHP recognising the power of the internet and Skoda's folly in trying "to take it on".

Are we thinking of TBHP as some kind of RAMBO. I feel this statement was unwarranted that too coming from a MoD. We should try to settle the things amicable to the benefit of "TRUTH", rather than be kids and raise a stink as the above statement is showing.

Quote:

2. Fix Harish's car and return the same to him with a 4/40 BUMPER to BUMPER warranty. After all that man has gone through he does need a car that will give him peace for 4 years.
3. Establish a process where they can monitor their dealers in an efficient way and be willing to take their dealers to task.

TBHP is a significant force and with this power comes a lot of responsibility.
TBHP is a forum for people who are passionate about cars and just about anything automotive. If we take our passion and our power we can improve the product and service the Indian customer gets. Now that is what I would like to see.

Skoda, if you are reading this, I am have (ever after reading Harish's thread) sent my car to your dealer (Autobahn) for service. Why? becuase if we all give up on Skoda then next we will all give up n Honda and then Tata and Fiat and very soon we will be left with only Maruti and maybe Hyundai.

Berating Skoda adinfinitum will solve anything. Lets be part of the solution instead of just part of the problem.

Skoda, if you are reading this and you should be, take the positives out of this thread and those out of Harish's. Work with us instead of against us. We need good realiable cars as much as you need good paying customers. It may look hard at first but putting processes in place is not that difficult; certainly not as difficult as trying to take on the power of the internet against a group of individuals that are knowledgable, passionate and are willing to 'fight to the last man/woman'. Think about the results. Even if you are able to and succeed at sueing every single TBHPian (leave alone a forum) what will be cost, will Skoda even survive in India after that, will any VW group company ever succeed?

Porsche, VW and Skoda is in the business of making cars, selling them and servicing them. Stick to your kniting, do it well and you will see that TBHP (along with similar forums) and the internet will reward you for your efforts.

It does not matter to a car buyer what the nationality of the car company is as long as it produces good relaible cars and services them efficeintly. Japanese car manufacturers have been very successful in the US despite a deep hatred of anything Japanese by Americans not 60 years ago (WWII). We in India have always had a fondness for most things German but that does not mean we will tolerate buffalo kaka. The activity on this thread is testament to that fact.

Skoda, if you do not respond, to this post I dont care. I would rather see the time and energies used to make a response to this post used towards making a concerted effort in your sales and service teams and that of your dealers.
I Sincerely do hope Not only Skoda but entire other delaers and manufactures go through the above post Navin has put with an open mind and they will understand we do NOT wish any harm to them by our community but want them to evolve with us.

I am so glad TBHP took this case up and is pursuing it relentlessly. What ever support is required by me to this group is pledged.

JAGO GRAHAK JAGO, has now worked.
Old 29th March 2009, 11:59   #303
Senior - BHPian

Facebook - check.

Orkut - check.

E-mail to GoogleGroup mailing list of college alumni - check.

Word of mouth - check.

You are losing customers, Skoda. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. Feel the power of the Internet.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:07   #304
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I think we are all open-minded enough to listen to their side of the story if they decided to come on board and TALK with us.
Quote:
If any manufacturer is reading this (and I'm sure many will be following Skoda's story here) please note that we would really love it if you were part of the community, rather than against it. I'm sure the admin team will let them know, but there are no strings attached, no favours asked and as you can very well see - no quarter given therefore.
Quote:
Skoda, if you are reading this and you should be, take the positives out of this thread and those out of Harish's. Work with us instead of against us.
I couldn't agree with Navin & Steeroid more. @ Skoda and other automotive brands : it will do you good to read this:

1. Team-BHP is the voice of the Indian car enthusiast, Indian car owner and Indian car potential buyer. We are consumer-activists, in more ways than one.

2. It must be added that many manufacturers have taken Team-BHP's feedback seriously. I know of several instances where a pro-active auto company read up a complaint on Team-BHP, called the customer up and solved his problems. No car manufacturer in India can afford to turn a blind eye to Team-BHP (in effect, turning a blind eye to it's own customers!)

3. I can't think of a better possible way - as an MBA in marketing - for you to connect with your customers. You are welcome on Team-BHP to work with us toward increasing the satisfaction level of existing car owners. Where else will you receive better feedback on your products and after-sales, than from thousands of petrolheads & car owners? Everyone makes mistakes, what we want to see is that you care for your customers. And will take action in the event of any problem / issue faced by a Team-BHPian. In the same breath, I might add, that there will be NO strings attached. And STRICTLY no marketing either.

As Navin posted, work with us and not against us. I can't think of a bigger dud than the auto company that fights with Team-BHP. Because if you do that, you are fighting with your own customers!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th March 2009 at 17:28. Reason: Typo/clarification via report post.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:10   #305
BHPian

SKODA!!! I want my money back.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:15   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What difference does it make? If thats his/her opinion, so be it.

I still cant believe the tone of the original mail/letter - dont they have a corporate communications department or a PR setup or at least a couple of lawyers in their office?

Couldnt they find ONE person with common sense in the entire organization?

I was shocked to read the PDF file that has been attached in this thread. If the head quarters of Skoda is not ready to take responsibility and their product that’s shame on them.

If my CEO had received a complaint like this he would have reacted spontaneously, had got the issue fixed.

I am sure there is a big team who is getting the aftermarket fake products to Skoda India.

EDIT: Having stickers of our own helps us lot in future, whenever we give our cars or bike for servicing the showroom guy will come to know it’s a BHPian’s car and they will not fool around our ride.

Last edited by vinayvtec : 29th March 2009 at 12:33.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:19   #307
BHPian

Very well said GTO, we support you on this initiative. Thank you for taking this up and fighting back.

I remember a story which was told to me by my friend, who owns a Skoda Fabia.

His car lost a wheel cap ( that plastic one), and skoda asked rs. 2300 for that plastic cap, he was SHOCKED ! Of course, he walked away from the showroom.

In Pune I can get a decent alloy wheel by paying 3000 rs, why would someone buy a plastic cap for 2300 rs ?

This is again the SKODA way of cheating customers. Like many of you have said, I also STOPPED recommending Skoda cars. Their spare parts are ridiculously expensive, the advantage you get from diesel economy will be spoiled once you get the car repaired/serviced at Skoda.

Raneesh
Old 29th March 2009, 12:33   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda:during a recent service, MSM broke one of the fascia air vents on my Swift, and miss-aligned a new wiper arm. Both of those problems have been fixed by home visits.

There was a mix-up over the air vent, and it didn't get done for a couple of weeks; also they sent a bill.

1. It was Rs103. How much would a comparable Skoda part cost?

2. We had an apology for the mistake in invoicing us, and confirmation that it was free, within half an hour.

It might be worth mentioning also that Maruti replaced, under warranty, without question, the tailgate hinges and one bonnet hinge, which parts were rusting.

Well, now I feel ashamed that I wanted to change my Maruti Swift for a "better" car!

Rather than outrage, above all, I feel sad about the state of Skoda here. Premium car? No. Reputable car? Certainly.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:44   #309
BHPian

This thread simply shows us the power of unity. These greedy manufacturers and their even greedier dealers can't take somebody's hard earned money for granted.

People take loans, pay heavy interest rates and hefty EMIs and they don't need these dealers torturing them.

A forum like this will send the right signals to all the manufacturers. Considering the history, I don't expect SKODA to change.

TBHP unites people.
Old 29th March 2009, 12:52   #310
BHPian

@Gto- Like i said before that lone person who voted against hasn't made a single post in 1.5 years.
Ot- Doesn't team-bhp have some eviction policy for non active members ?
Old 29th March 2009, 13:02   #311
adc
Senior - BHPian

Skoda save your breath to cool the porridge

This is what is so intriguing to me. A new generation polished citizen armed with a enlighting MBA in marketing, is supposed to be brought up in a different way that of lets say the supposed "babu" of yesteryears and not to be a part of a chalta hai system. But here it even worse.

Really whose idea was like that to come up on the internet, threaten the affected customer/s and probable customers and tell look you gotta have problem if you have a problem or if you talk about the problem. Where are the real-life business skills?

Gentlemen and Ladies of Skoda India, simply see the grossly messy factual proven situation as of now - A Skoda owner's car being put up with spurious parts and the original parts to the dealer car, crime comitted by and with the knowledge of the customer care head of Skoda. Really how much sucked up that can be???

Skoda press the reset button now before it gets jammed and absolutely save your breath to cool the porridge.

And customer service is no like big funda or esoteric now or even was before, a good kirana store now even knows what it means to be proactive and people centric.

There is no loss of face in doing this, it will show that there is something being done to change all what happened and thats good. Again, reset and change, dont worry time will heal all the bad vibes.

If this is all useless gyan, at least considering the stake in future, I do expect Skoda to change.

In fact, this whole ongoing saga should now be in the curriculum of each and every customer and marketing fella, MBA or not MBA.

How not to handle a situation -- When you do crisis communincation.

Last edited by adc : 29th March 2009 at 13:17.
Old 29th March 2009, 13:11   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1. Team-BHP is the voice of the Indian car enthusiast, Indian car owner and Indian car potential buyer. We are consumer-activists, in more ways than one.

2. It must be added that many manufacturers have taken Team-BHP's feedback seriously. I know of several instances where a pro-active auto company read up a complaint on Team-BHP, called the customer up and solved his problems. No car manufacturer in India can afford to turn a blind eye to Team-BHP (in effect, turning a blind eye to it's own customers!)

3. I can't think of a better possible way - as an MBA in marketing - for you to connect with your customers. You are welcome on Team-BHP to work with us toward increasing the satisfaction level of existing car owners. Where else will you receive better feedback on your products and after-sales, than from thousands of petrolheads & car owners? Everyone makes mistakes, what we want to see is that you care for your customers.
The above sentences are absolutely right GTO.

SKODA - Come on !! Do your bit and Apologise and that is all it would take.

If I were you I'd gladly do it. You people advertise so much. You spend crores of rupees getting a few minutes airtime during commercials and spend equal amounts advertising on hoardings / newspapers.

Now all that is going down the drain because of geuine people or your customers who are complaing about your services and ignorance of your incapable dealers !!

Here at TBHP forum your reputation is being burned beyond repair in a matter of few days.

I am telling you all this damage being done will be irrepairable very very soon.

Here at TBHP you get unbiased reviews from actual customers and potential ones. Why would you sabotage that ? We all know what Orkut / Facebook has done to our lives. It's changed the way we log on. Well, Team BHP is the Orkut / Facebook of the Automobile world.

I really want to hear what Skoda does after all these remarks.

Last edited by vkochar : 29th March 2009 at 13:12.
Old 29th March 2009, 13:33   #313
BHPian

i think after seeing this thread skoda should apologise and do whatever harish/kapil demand.
if skoda thinks we at team-bhp are biased,they should actually look at all reviews.
even good reviews are part of T-BHP.But in this case it is entirely skoda`s dealers fault.

2 days, 21 pages, 15000 views ::the power of team-bhp.
Old 29th March 2009, 13:42   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
2 days, 21 pages, 15000 views ::the power of team-bhp.
Isi ko bolte hai Democracy. What an IDEA (GTO) sirji!!!!

It's really strange that 2 days back, there was someone from the SKODA corporate team writing a very unfriendly post on the forum and now, they are maintaining complete silence. Either they have got the message loud and clear and going around making amends or they are entangling themselves in a real bigger mess.

Hats off to Harish and the others for pursuing your cases deligently. I sincerely hope that justice is delivered and the wrong doers are punished. We are with you all the way!!!!

Last edited by wheeler : 29th March 2009 at 13:44.
Old 29th March 2009, 13:44   #315
BHPian

Skoda..... Hope you are listening !

I will try my level best to keep emotions out of this post & knock some sense into the management of VW/Skoda. I happen to work in the field of Sales & Marketing for a few reputed MNCs , and thus hope to be able to offer some sane advice to Skoda :----

Pls study the customer issues being raised very very carefully as most officers in the Marketing / public relations department do not get the time to lend an listening ear for several reasons. The "DEATH" of a brand happens when people responsible for "Strategic decisions" loose touch with ground reality (since they are being presented with a rosy picture by "xyz" employees). This forum would give you all the feedback in the world.

If this is not the case (i.e. top management is aware of ground reality) , I strongly urge Skoda to re-evaluate their strategy as this network of individuals are :
LITERATE, EXPERIENCED, WELL CONNECTED, FINANCIALLY SECURE & WILLING TO FIGHT FOR A JUST CAUSE. So I reckon you (Meghna) must immediately apologize for the veiled threating overtures in your statement.

Further, you have already lost far more than you can imagine. Word of mouth (including the internet) is something that will travel distances and it will cost Millions of $$$ of marketing spends to reach out to all the recepients. The sooner you repose faith in this community, the better the chances you have to ensure damage control.

Way forward - Better to be known as "Mr. Late Skoda" than "Late Mr.Skoda" . Even though you already have a reputation of not being consumer centric , you still have the opportunity of reposing faith in this community by immediately addressing & RESOLVING the concerns raised by the affected members with URGENCY. I sincerely hope & urge you to willingly take this as an opportunity of proving the integrity of your "BRAND". If you evaluate this with equinamity, you will realize that its not about Harish or T-BHP Vs Skoda , its about current & potential Skoda/VW consumers Vs "incapability of a company (which was reputed) to recognize the consumer issues & lack of (visible) committment to effect change management to improve the situation".

The reason you are getting such negative publicity is because the "current & potential" consumers do not see any (visible) positive jesture that would reassure.

I again re-iterate : PLS WAKE UP and control this self inflicted damage before its too late.

thx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks