Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 19:19   #361
BHPian

Attaboy Harbir,

I like your attitude, not to say about harish, poor chap.
I just escaped by the skin of my teeth from buying a Skoda Laura a year ago....the service was the main put down and the exorbitant cost of spares. Come on, Skoda is not a Luxury brand, its we Indians who tagged it as such, nor for that matter is Volkswagen its parent company. I shudder to think what the sfter sales service is going to be when they launch their Polo and Golf.
Compared to them poor Fiat look like angels,and you seldom hear of Fiats breaking down or troubling its owners, no wonder we love them even if they are marketing morons.
I would say , refrain from buying anything from the Volkswagengroup, if this is the treatment meted out.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:26   #362
Senior - BHPian

@Harish Am really impressed that your taking the bull by the horn and not bogging down. I can understand the trouble you nd your family have gone through this TERRIBLE ordeal. This is something which is really unexpected as you believe you pay more money for value and not you pay more to get a HEADACHE or for that matter to loose more.
Hope your issue is resolved at the earliest and also all other SKODA users like Kapiljolly who had to face similar issues.

Now coming to SKODA: I am shocked that you could treat your customers like this. You behaved nothing less than the Recovery agent or the Hafta Wasooli goon on the street to threaten one and all with a litigation. Is this some kinda joke?
Malpractise was indulged and you try to support it by putting Harish in trouble all this while and later you went on to threaten the members of an automotive forum like you dont care for your customers. I am so sure you havent been to this forum and just jumped in and started typing believing that "Yeh log kya kar sakte hain"
But but were you not surprised. Am so sure that the sales for the month of april on will show what happened.
A piece of advice. Instead of keeping your hands on your head and claiming yeh kya ho gaya you better do something what you just saw is like a minor trailer.
Remember SRK from OSO "Aaj mujhe yakin hogaya dosto, ki hamari zindagi bhi hamare hindi filmon ke jaisa hi hai.. jaha pe end mein sab kuch theek ho jaata hai.. "Happies Endings".. Lekin agar End mein sab kuch theek na ho to woh the end nahi hain dosto.. Picture abhi baaki hai."

Hopeing to see things better up.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:35   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
Hello all,
for us at Skoda Auto, customer service is of prime importance.
A system is being put in place to address customer service issues online.
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

That is our commitment to you.
Many thanks,
Skoda.

WHAT DAMNED NONSENSE!!!

1. facts show that customer service is NOT of prime importance to you.

2. what good does your new system do for the people that Skoda and/or its dealers have already screwed over, cheated, lied to?

3. Resolve them on "merit"? As judged by whom? Skoda? The same skoda that drags off customers to court and impounds their cars and threatens critics with legal action? Customers are supposed to feel good about your empty promises given what Skoda has done?

Skoda Corporate, making bland promises about how customer service is important and you'll put in a system is worthless.

You have upset people here because you threatened consumers with legal action, to prevent them from discussing the accusations of the corruption of your dealers and the complicity of your corporate employees in this. This is a reaction to that. If you want to smooth things over, you will have to show regret and atone for the sins. Don't feed us this meaningless corporate drivel.

If you don't impress the members here enough to turn their mood towards Skoda, they will continue to criticise Skoda here for years.

Good luck

Last edited by Harbir : 29th March 2009 at 19:43.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:49   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
for us at Skoda Auto, customer service is of prime importance.
A system is being put in place to address customer service issues online.
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

That is our commitment to you.
Many thanks,
Skoda.
The statement made here is lame. Right now your company needs to show results.

You have the authority as a member to start a new thread on the forum boards addressing issues of the many Skoda Owners here by the company.

Provide the right solutions and you will see the members here look at your company in a different light.(I will leave the court case issue out as its already escalated.) Many octavia, Laura, fabia owners have huge problems with dealers and service.

Its never to late to start afresh.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 29th March 2009 at 19:56.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:50   #365
BHPian

If the guys @ skoda are reading the threads and trying to douse the fire, I am surprised not to see a sense of regret at the unfortunate set of events unfolding at T-BHP which is going to hit their reputation real hard.

Does it take so much intelligence to react fast and mend your ways if you strayed.

Or, are you trying to wait till monday before you guys discuss on the PR strategy. More time only means more damage as these things easily get into the IT mail exchange servers pretty fast and lakhs of people some of whom potential customers would take stock of what you guys are upto.

Last edited by muni : 29th March 2009 at 20:07.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:52   #366
BHPian

From other topic,

Quote:

Were they not addressing all the problems before you made the post?

The problem is not contacting them, we can, we don't need online versions of service, what we need is the damn service which is horrible at the moment.

Look Meghna, we like your cars, we want to buy them, but we won't unless customer service is made better x100
Ask yourself Lady, why do people have to go through all these troubles if your customer service did exist. Frankly customer service is not important to you, selling cars as a premium brand to Indians is.

So the problem is the freakin joke of a customer service, not the way of actually being able to get in contact.
So your online versions of getting in contact are no good if your service stations and workshops are bloody crooks who are arrogant and have a bad attitude.

Need to work on that first!
Old 29th March 2009, 19:55   #367
BHPian

What a farce this is !!

Not accepting the dealer's fault is abetting the crime on skoda's part !!

If this is the response from skoda when presented with pictorial evidence and all documents, I shudder to imagine the swiftness with which this case would have been dispensed off by skoda had harish not been so meticulous.

Any other company would have immediately terminated all relations with the dealer, but surprise of surprises, Skoda is going out of its way to help the dealer !!

IS SKODA BEING RUN BY A BUNCH OF FOOLS ? CAN'T YOU SEE THE EFFECT OF POOR AFTER SALES SERVICE ? ARE YOU SO BLIND THAT YOU CAN'T SEE THE IMAGE OF FIAT AUTO IN INDIAN CONSUMER'S MINDS ?

EVEN AFTER SUCH CONCERTED EFFORTS ON THE PART OF FIAT TO RECTIFY THIS IMAGE, I KNOW PEOPLE WHO WOULDN'T TOUCH A FIAT WITH A BARGE POLE.

Your days in India are numbered, if your attitude remains the same. And sue me for saying this - SKODA SUCKS !!
Old 29th March 2009, 19:58   #368
Senior - BHPian

2 confirmed sales for Honda!

EDIT:
Guess what, I got this thread's link sent thru mail! It was forwarded to him by someone else. The word spreads...

Last edited by HappyWheels : 29th March 2009 at 20:04.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:59   #369
BHPian

I think its time to replace this red skoda octavia vrs picture from our home page.Now!
Old 29th March 2009, 20:03   #370
BHPian

Hmmm, honestly, mine faith is all shaken! German Engineering... sigh. After driving some home made cars (Maruti, Tata), I was inclined towards buying German/Japanese... considering that they are expensive, but am ok to pay up for the quality. But with these kind of nonsense treatment to the customer, honestly, am stirred up.

~LT
Old 29th March 2009, 20:04   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
If the guys @ skoda are reading the threads and trying to douse the fire, I am surprised not to see a sense of regret at the unfortunate set of events unfolding at T-BHP which is going to hit their reputation real hard.

Does it take so much intelligence to react fast and mend your ways if you strayed.
How things have changed in India!

When I started my career it was ALWAYS the company over SELF; and the customer FIRST, SECOND & THIRD!

Now-a-days its turned into one selfish world where fragile ego's and self preservation rules - Company, customer, sense of fair play/ right & wrong everything be damned!

Old 29th March 2009, 20:17   #372
BHPian

Folks,
A friend's RS went in for some collision repairs in Mumbai. When it was delivered they told him that he had a bad clutch which would burn out in 2 days, which happened ( car is currently in the service stn). The car was serviced 2 weeks ago and came out with a 25k bill and a good clutch report (the clutch is 30k old). I have sent him this link, I will keep the forum updated on what happens.
Old 29th March 2009, 20:19   #373
Senior - BHPian

Around two years back I shied away buying a skoda fearing the high service costs and incompetent service centres as I was told by many owners - though I loved their cars. After reading through I realise that nothing has changed. Well to say the least - THAT's SHAME ON YOU SKODA.

Regarding our forum - we are here because we love the truth, and always want to make informed decisions. Please do not dare us on that healthy discussions.
Old 29th March 2009, 20:31   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Excuse me if you find this post off topic and little mushy.
Harish,
Your post is not mushy at all. We understand the pain you must be enduring.

We are all with you.
Old 29th March 2009, 20:43   #375
BHPian

A read somewhere that the fan following of the old Ambassador car is such in South-India, that ppl would buy new cars, strip them, re-weld every joint, and then put it back together, and then drive on for ages.
After what i heard about them changing O.E.M parts for spurious parts in Harishji's car, i guess ppl buying or already having Scoda's should be doing the same, that is strip it all apart, mark every part in such a way that it cannot be duplicated, and put it back together, lest them steal your parts again,lol.
Yeah, i'am serious

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks