Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 23:43   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Some several hundreds of posts have been made in shock and horror at your previous post. What have you got to say about that? Nothing.

More marketing spin. One can tell that by a fondness for words like proactive and merit . One can tell by utterly-obvious techniques such as leave the negative, say something positive. Soon you'll tell us that you are working towards something, or working with somebody to ensure...

Everybody who does not have an MBA in marketing or who does not work in a marketing department* recognises this talk. Am I allowed to mention what comes out of cows on the forum?

I have to wonder, then, if the current management are capable of remedying anything. Do you people know any other language?

Like the teachers always used to write on my homework:

Could do better. Try harder next time.

* (and a few rare individuals that do, in fairness to some of our members)
I agree, this is nothing more than marketing hog wash. We all learn that crap in collage these days.

Skoda is not obsessed with quality its obsessed with how to cut costs and make more money through you and thats the truth. If they where interested in safety why would they still sell us the left hand drive control assembly? How are we supposed to change the gear and work the indicator at the same time? Hasnt skoda made enough money in India to stop treating us like second class citizens and give us better quality?
Old 29th March 2009, 23:46   #392
BHPian

This thread would have already ended up in most of the company mailing lists. Its high time for Skoda to wake up and do the right thing.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:56   #393
BHPian

i hope the skoda india is not waiting for a formal complaint to their complaint link from our members!!
its time to act for them and not jump to square one with their cover up idea of a complaint link!!
its better to have poor or expensive after sale services than to have ignorant cheaters like this!!
Old 30th March 2009, 00:01   #394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
Hello all,
for us at Skoda Auto, customer service is of prime importance.
A system is being put in place to address customer service issues online.
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

That is our commitment to you.
Many thanks,
Skoda.
Seriously Meghna/Skoda, I'm sure you guys can do a little better than that.

There are buyers who were going to put down 23L for a new Superb. Last count I got was that you lost 27 superb buyers and atleast 35 buyers who were waiting for the facelifted Laura. This is from this thread alone. God knows how many from the email chain going around.

That should be enough to instigate you to take corrective measures.

How do you plan to get back these buyers? Are there any measures put in place?

You guys need to bring in some measures that will get back confidence in the buyers. What are you going to tell a superb buyer now when he asks for reliability and after sales?

First settle the issues with current owners. Only if a current owner is happy will he recommend the product. This also means be more strict with dealers and penalise them if any complain is escalated from dealer level to the manufacturer. Penalise them heavily.

For new buyers you would need to introduce a few options which will bring confidence in buying the car. My suggestions would be a 4 year warranty atleast compared to the paltry 2 being offered now. Honda offers 4 years and Toyota offers 3 with 24/7 roadside assistance free.

At a premium introduce maintenance plans like BMW. You are afterall a premium brand here. Charge the customer a fixed amount like say Rs. 50,000 upfront for a 3 year/40,000kms plan, Rs. 80,000 upfront for a 5 year/60,000km plan. I can tell you customers will not mind paying for that peace of mind. BMW's maintenance plan is the most popular and almost all buyers opt for it even when it costs Rs.1.6L for a 5 year plan for the 3 series. I'm not saying give it for free, I'm being practical here.

These are the measures we want to see in place and not some wishy washy marketing talk.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th March 2009 at 00:03.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:16   #395
BHPian

A link to this and Harish' original thread has been posted on Techenclave.
I really hope the word spreads around, and Skoda straightens up.

@Harish - we are with you. I hope the case gets resolved at the earliest.

@Skoda Corporate - well.. LOL.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:34   #396
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
It seems that skoda is counting on defeating the righteous citizen through the use of the incompetent courts and the corruption floating around the judicial system.

I think we should cause so much pain for Skoda that it becomes in their benefit to settle with Harish Kanchan and make a public pledge in full age adverts to sin no more against its customers.

I think a webforum thread is limited in terms of spreading the news because people aren't going to read 20 pages. Nor is it going to reach all the other aggrieved peoples

I suggest a consumer activist website against Skoda' to be spread through out India and to Indian media.

For that we will need content. one case is not enough.
Wholeheartedly agree.

It has to be a well-coordinated movement in addition to various bits all are doing individually dissuading customers. The word Movement always bring one simple name to me which is derived from the very famous & effective "Simon GO Back" movement.

May we ask Harish to compile details of all such customers & what they suffered. This could be the content.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:38   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Why blame Skoda?
Because Skoda came here and made threats against the forum, and its members. thats why.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:45   #398
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

Unfortunately for Porsche Skoda India is an insignificant entity.
And so should it be in insignificant entity to us - the people, Why have we made it a "premium car" mfr when its considered to be cheap elsewhere? Now is the time to make it insignificant entity again. Can we do it?
Old 30th March 2009, 01:08   #399
Senior - BHPian

This is very depressing for a potential Skoda buyer:

Quote:

Our company has 20 Skoda octavias and 9 Lauras, including one of the original imported Lauras with 8 airbags. The quality of Skoda has really suffered, with even the Octavias giving a ton of problems. I spoke to 5 people in Skoda Ahmednagar and they didnt even bother to reply to our directors. This after buying 29 cars, I can imagine what an individual owner goes through.
Skoda India / Laura Complaints - Terrible service!
I used to love the Octavia! Was thinking of it as my next car.. not anymore!
Old 30th March 2009, 01:09   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Because Skoda came here and made threats against the forum, and its members. thats why.
I didnt actually mean it in the sense Skoda needs to be of the hook!! I was talking in broader terms where all big business behave in a similar manner.

We should also protest against Force for their pathetic quality control that makes most Gurkha owners spend many unnecessary hours in the work shop.

I also want to make it clear that i fully and completely support TBHPs efforts in fighting against Skoda. I can even give you the video of my Skoda getting stuck in kodi becoz of the faulty cluth(for the second time) and i had to spill out from my pocket to pay for their faulty quality managment.

P.S. I suppose its time to spill the beans on the Gurkha too.
Old 30th March 2009, 01:48   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to take a breather from all this action packed topic- Who is bhpian feedspeed !?! :
Old 30th March 2009, 01:58   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Why blame Skoda? When my Skoda broke down in middle of the forest in Kodikanal i toed it to the nearest work shop and even though they charged me 70,000 for the clutch the stand by team drove all the way from chennai and reached there in 8hrs and fixed my clutch. .
Quote:
Monster, I am very happy that you recieved good (if expensive) service from Skoda. Harish, Kapil, and a few others have not been as lucky. Then when Harish put forward his case on this forum (substantiated with facts and pictures) Skoda had the gall to threaten TBHP. TBHP does not take kindly to threats not when the threats are unwarranted, infringe on our basic rights, or are used as scare tactics. That is what has got the forum all upset.

Skoda, as you can see some TBHPians have recieved good service from your dealers and we are willing to talk about these incidents too. The sad fact is that these instances seem to be the exception rather than the rule.
Old 30th March 2009, 02:08   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Just to take a breather from all this action packed topic- Who is bhpian feedspeed !?! :
He's the dude who drives a "korollo". So, his vote is valid!
Old 30th March 2009, 05:28   #404
BHPian

Do higher officials in Skoda management even know whats going on here??

Are they so disconnected?

Are they waiting on the storm to die out on its own so that they could continue milking their customers?

Are they Ostriches??? Why isnt anyone responsible coming out and setting things clear???
Old 30th March 2009, 06:38   #405
BHPian

Isnt it time the Red Vrs above the search box fades out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks