Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 16:50   #481
BHPian

Why not enlighten the Skoda guys at their Head Quarters about the popularity of this thread, Skoda India's response and its impact? They might take an action or two on Skoda India., .. just being hopeful.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:00   #482
BHPian

I have a Laura, and I'm pretty mad at Skoda for being the proverbial 'chindi chor' for two years the A/c knob has been giving me trouble and the dealer "M/s Silvertone motors", in New Delhi, has been cleaning and putting it back to have the problem occur time and time again. Now that the warranty is over, they want me to pay for a new part. Similarly with the power window controls on the driver side which have since stopped working. The same situation with the curly indicator light which shows up every once in a while and needs to be 'cleaned' and put back.

The excuse for all of this is "its out of warranty" .... yeah like these guys did jack about it when it was covered under warranty. And howcome, the solution now is to replace, but in the last two years the solution was to clean it and put it right back.

Harish, if you're going with a class action suit, I'm with you on it. Count me in. Drop me a pvt. and I'll respond.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:03   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I have a Laura, and I'm pretty mad at Skoda for being the proverbial 'chindi chor' for two years the A/c knob has been giving me trouble and the dealer "M/s Silvertone motors", in New Delhi, has been cleaning and putting it back to have the problem occur time and time again. Now that the warranty is over, they want me to pay for a new part. Similarly with the power window controls on the driver side which have since stopped working. The same situation with the curly indicator light which shows up every once in a while and needs to be 'cleaned' and put back.

The excuse for all of this is "its out of warranty" .... yeah like these guys did jack about it when it was covered under warranty. And howcome, the solution now is to replace, but in the last two years the solution was to clean it and put it right back.

Harish, if you're going with a class action suit, I'm with you on it. Count me in. Drop me a pvt. and I'll respond.
gr8. added you to the list. welcome aboard
Old 30th March 2009, 17:13   #484
BHPian

Surely there must be one person in Skoda India who can take leadership in this matter and resolve it in the 5 minutes it would take any mature professional, surely squandering time in court defending the indefensible is insanely counterproductive to themselves, surely there is something seriously wrong with Skoda India management for this level of immaturity, indifference and sheer recklessness.

Are they being vindictive, egoistic, juvenile or all three? What the hell, this whole issue is becoming unreal. Maybe be Skoda folks think its a conspiracy to do them in by their competitors, that's the only half way rational explanation I can think of for this childish intransigence.

Skoda, please resolve this, at least take one step forward, cmon its your product and your dealer who is responsible for this. Surely common sense and logic makes some demands on you.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:17   #485
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi TakeOnMe,
3. Harish & Kapiljolly's cases are yet unresolved. Can you imagine someone fighting with you after you pay them 12 - 15 lakh rupees?

This thread (and others) will go on spreading awareness of the absolute nonsense that Skoda / it's dealers dish out on their customers.
GTO has fired his T away Keep going

Dear TakeOnMe, please look at the title of the thread. It does not say it is just about Harish's & Kapiljolly's problems. Nor does the thread title limit itself to highlighting Skoda lapses. The title is much more fundamental. Therefore, so long TBHP exists, in my personal view this thread should be left open for people to post. Of course, the final call is moderators'.

Has anyone, by the way, noticed that in one of the Skoda Corporate posts on this thread they have even misspelt Harish's name? This thread now spans across 33 pages and I find it a pain to search which post it was. So much for the customer centric talks of Skoda Corporate. Jai ho!

Added now: The post is: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1233516

Last edited by abk : 30th March 2009 at 17:28.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:19   #486
BHPian

Agree with Raul, but who knows there are some cranky advisors who want their paycheck coming.

But where is Skoda Corporate? When are GTO's queries getting answered? I certainly do not want to think some one who spoke the mighty arm of the law is chickening out!

Cheers,
Old 30th March 2009, 17:20   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Surely there must be one person in Skoda India who can take leadership in this matter and resolve it in the 5 minutes it would take any mature professional, surely squandering time in court defending the indefensible is insanely counterproductive to themselves, surely there is something seriously wrong with Skoda India management for this level of immaturity, indifference and sheer recklessness.

Are they being vindictive, egoistic, juvenile or all three? What the hell, this whole issue is becoming unreal. Maybe be Skoda folks think its a conspiracy to do them in by their competitors, that's the only half way rational explanation I can think of for this childish intransigence.
Exactly my thoughts.
Another plausible 'conspiracy' theory could be that Skoda Corporate is an imposter.

I guess, that theory can be resolved by sending an FYI mail with this thread to Skoda Leadership / Management and see if there is any response.

Edit - there could be another half-baked theory. Skoda Corporate has already been fired
Old 30th March 2009, 17:23   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Another plausible 'conspiracy' theory could be that Skoda Corporate is an imposter.
This same question was put up by me long back on page 16 or 17. GTO has confirmed that the account is genuine.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:26   #489
BHPian

Hey Duke. What you're mentioning here is very very typical of Skoda dealerships. They will keep buying time till your car goes out of warranty and then bang! You're in for a new set of problems with your car again.

I still recall when my cars headlights had to be replaced, just within the first year. They changed one light first and then after a month, they changed the other. But when the new light was put, it kept vibrating. So he reset the focus, making the beam go some other way until it stopped vibrating. I'm still using that defocussed beam because after that my car became out of warranty and when I told them about this, they said its a small thing. Well, maybe small but the whole point is "What does warranty mean??"

Anyways, welcome aboard. Harish has taken the initiative and I have ample correspondence exchanged to show the kind of attitude this company has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post

Old 30th March 2009, 17:27   #490
BHPian

In total support, Have voted Yes in the poll.
Have forwarded mails(including the link to this thread) to my friends/family/potential buyers of the brand.
Updated my Facebook profile with link to this thread.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:44   #491
BHPian

We should put a mock of skoda car on the busy square in city. And place written/printed post on paper and put it all over mock.
I am sure, anybody I found of thinking of buying skoda, I wouldnt tell him to buy or not but i will show harish's post, I took printout.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:47   #492

Remove skoda photos?

After all this, should we not replace the pictures of Skoda that we have on some of our pages?

Just a thought...
Old 30th March 2009, 17:52   #493
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Skoda Corporate is linked to a (confirmed) email address @skoda-auto.co.in. The way that our system is set up, unless you confirm your email address (even if only updating), the system will not let you post.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:56   #494
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Too late, Vikram!
They already have.
They are going to take a serious DENT for this and their airbags ain't gonna help here!
Right now they're in a hopeless SKID!
Skid without ABS!!!

I just came across this thread.. and joined the league instantly.
My dad was planning to buy another skoda(Laura) after selling the present one.

Now everyone here knows what to buy and WHAT NOT TO BUY Thanks to the attitude of Skoda Auto..
Old 30th March 2009, 17:57   #495
BHPian

How does Skoda choose their dealers?

I just read the thread about the incident with TAFE Access, Bangalore. Deplorable. Skoda seriously needs to reconsider its dealer selection process. I am assisting a friend buy a new car and the choice was between the Accord and the Turbo petrol Superb. Sorry Skoda, you lose another customer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks