Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 18:08   #496

Last year while I was evaluating buying a new car, I initially had Octavia/Laura as a potential choice, however, going through several posts of high spare parts costs and indifferent attitude of the Dealers I changed my choice of probables and finally settled for another manufacturer.
Old 30th March 2009, 18:28   #497
Team-BHP Support

Now let me put my neck on the line here

1: Skoda has appointed some appalling dealers and refuses to take ownership

2; Skoda appoints a PR firm which is operating without depth. skoda corporate is the PR firm. Is Skoda themselves observing ?

That aside, there are exceptions. My Vrs has not been the most reliable but I can say that Vinayak try hard. They might have goofed up on a diagnosis but they have been very reasonable to me. Today, my VRS went in as the suspension was making expensive noises and I was expecting a full bush change. They could have done it but they felt the suspension needed tightening and lubricatng. Not sure whether it is that I am demanding or those discreet t-bhp stickers on the car.

All I can say is that if a better class of dealers are appointed, you are halfway there! as for your own customer care team.... read what the customer say not merely give canned responses
Old 30th March 2009, 18:37   #498
Ice
BHPian

Meghna, lead me to court if your original post actually holds water. (cue forlorn violin notes).

As a Marketing Professional myself, I stay away from legalese. Its not a suit that fits us marketeers well. WHEREAS, you've gone ahead and confused negative PR with unlawful and libelous statements published by the party of the third part.

All the best on Team BHP. You should spring for some of the lovely stickers that us Team BHP-ians hold dear. You get a lecture on Skoda free of charge with your purchase.
Old 30th March 2009, 18:38   #499
BHPian

I wish to know the veiws of that ONE person who has voted "NO"on this poll. I wonder what is his reasoning.
Freespeed, can we have your views please?
Old 30th March 2009, 18:57   #500
BANNED

first and foremost: "Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?"
STUPID QUESTION!

Meghna, how exactly do you 'instigate' people who are exercising their right to free speech?
how do you personally feel when some minister's son kills a girl, struts around while a farcical judicial trial drags on for ages and refuses to say anything but parrot the line "the matter is sub-judice; I cannot comment on it"?

do not attempt to save your skin by making pompous statements like "Skoda is a very big company, Skoda is a member of the anti-counterfeit association, etc."
the US of A is a permanent member of the UN Security Council and a warmonger at the same time.

if you really want to threaten somebody, threaten the spineless dealer who destroyed Harish's car.

"we are puttin a system in place... " how long have you been in India? its amazing how you can conceptualize and build incredibly complicated engines in a matter of months while you cannot put together an effective customer service network even after more than half a decade.

where do you get off trying to lie your way out? I wanted to buy a vRS myself and went to your showroom for a test drive. they pulled out a customer's car that was being serviced for me to test. that did it for me.

keep up this pompous facade and Skoda will only go in one direction. out.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:03   #501
Senior - BHPian

SHOCKING: The General Manager service, silvertone motors okhla, Delhi himself admits that people in the workshop interchange parts, remove sensors and make money by asking the customer to pay for it, in a word, the dealership itself is a fraud.

(source: a person who wishes to remain anonymous).
Old 30th March 2009, 19:08   #502
BHPian

Why is there a Skoda up there in Team BHP's header? It should either be a revolving set of pictures or set to a car that represents the websites attitude and morals.

At the very least the car shouldn't be a piece of trash!
Old 30th March 2009, 19:12   #503
Senior - BHPian

I read this on a hoarding in Mumbai:
"Sometimes the attitude stinks more than the garbage."
This truly applies to Skoda India & its dealers.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:16   #504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
I've been an owner of an Octavia for 7 years now -
I have been mantaining my car with a private garage for the last 5 years
Including your clutch, brakes, timing belt, etc..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Today, my VRS went in as the suspension was making expensive noises and I was expecting a full bush change. They could have done it but they felt the suspension needed tightening and lubricatng. Not sure whether it is that I am demanding or those discreet t-bhp stickers on the car.
You know Ajmat, when I sent my car to Autobahn Skoda I told asked them to check the rear suspension and I got the same response. I too thought that they would have to change the bushes but they told me the same thing all they need to do is "lubricate and tighten". After I get my car back I am going to give it a test run (a serious test run) and see if their diagnosis was better than mine. After all it should be - they opened the car I just went from instinct and after all they should know the car better than me.

Skoda, lets us inform you that Ajmat and myself have some experience with cars. Both of us have driven (and I am not talking go-karts) on closed race tracks (me at Skip Barber's @ Limerock CT amongst other places) and have gotten our hands dirty (my experience includes using strobes to set timing of Premier Padminis in the 70s to building a amphibious vehicle from scratch for an SAE sponsored competition in the 80s). I'll let Ajmat detail his range of knowledge and expereince. There are many on this forum whose experience and knowledge far outstrips mine.

TBHP could be your best friend.

Where else would you find people with expereince, knowledge, passion and without bias. Just amongst the Mods I think we own 3 or 4 Skodas vRS (and this is just counting our personal vehicles) if we were biased would own so many Skodas? Would we (even after Harish's case came to light) still send our cars to a Skoda dealer?

If I were Skoda I would be most eager to leverage the power of such a community. You wont find a focus group of this quality anywhere else.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:17   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post
Why is there a Skoda up there in Team BHP's header? It should either be a revolving set of pictures or set to a car that represents the websites attitude and morals.

At the very least the car shouldn't be a piece of trash!
Saar, that picture I guess is of a car of a fellow bhpian who loves his car. Most of us here love our cars and we take pictures in such way that the cars look beautiful. And VRs is one of the most adored cars in team-bhp. The fight is not against the skoda cars(as they are very well built). The fight is against the skoda attitude as far as I can understand.

In anycase I support the idea of revolving set of cars. (But to make such an arrangement it will require a good exercise.)
Old 30th March 2009, 19:17   #506
Senior - BHPian

Can someone clarify if the language in this 'threat' is correct?

I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.

How do you instigate me in a court case? I thought this was wrong from what little I know of the language, so I looked up various online dictionaries. Websters, for instance, says:
"To goad or urge forward. Provoke"
ETYMOLOGY: 16c: from Latin instigare, instigatum to goad or urge on.
How can they provoke us in a court case? Even if this was what they meant, it seems rather pointless as they have already provoked us plenty.

Either way, it would be rather cool to go around saying "Skoda has instigated me in a court case", so I think they should do this to me.

Does bad customer service and bad corporate communications also mean bad English? Perhaps some of the lawyers here (and I know we have plenty of them!) can also clarify if this is some sort of legalese.

Yeti Maharaj - your services would be welcome!

Or did they just forget to Czech?

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th March 2009 at 19:24.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:22   #507
xPK
BHPian

Folks,

Here is the compilation of all the links associated with Skoda (discussed in this thread). Khan Sultan has already mentioned many of these threads in his post. But I hope he doesn't mind copying those.

Here are the links, (or link repository one can say )

You can forward those to all your contacts, just as I did.

Regards,
xPK.

P.S. Harish, hang on buddy. We are all with you!!!
Old 30th March 2009, 19:27   #508
BHPian

I have told this case to almost all my friends and one of my friend who had almost made his mind to go for skoda changed his mind after this story... he is now thinking of going for Honda instead... IMHO, product manufacturer can never blame dealer and wash their hands...at the end of the day, it is their brand and product.

I am proud a member of Team-BHP and will always be....
Old 30th March 2009, 19:33   #509
BHPian

Definitely sticker on the car is like alerting the dealer; also I made sure that some of the major automobile dealers in city got the tiny URL of this link to know what exactly we are speaking, so that if they are taking wrong path they can still mend it before they are caught.

Last edited by vinayvtec : 30th March 2009 at 19:45.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:39   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Can someone clarify if the language in this 'threat' is correct?

I have been advised to inform you that the hosting or publishing of such information (which , does not represent all of the facts) would instigate both Team-BHP as well as the various users in the ongoing court case.

How do you instigate me in a court case?

Yeti Maharaj - your services would be welcome!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1234122-post18.html

Here you go...

Most Viewed