Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 11:20   #571
BHPian

"Superb" thread!

Please anybody explain this maths to Skoda guys.

A loss of 12-13 crores for protecting 12-13 lacs of Harish's skoda.

IMO As posted earlier, an article in news papers will do wonders.

But the 1st (& immediate) action from Team BHP should be...

REMOVAL OF SKODA PIC ON TOP OF THE PAGE.

At one side, we are blasting Skoda & on other side we have it as our Ikon!!
Old 31st March 2009, 11:23   #572
Senior - BHPian

Reading through all the posts since it all started a few days back - One feels sad about the state of affairs wrt Skoda in India :-(

Mods, can't we have a separate thread where all 'significant' trouble / issues faced by tbhpians with Skoda cars including breakdowns, A.S.S. problems etc can be listed ?
This provides a way to gather together what is scattered in various threads ? This way, we can see if Skoda is resolving what and how many of those issues, and whether they are making an honest effort to improve ?

How about a sub-forum which has major complaints from customers against any car manufacturer ? Details & discussion could be in specific threads, but this can be 'indexed' in a thread per manufacturer in this sub-forum ?
Cheers,

Last edited by lancer_rit : 31st March 2009 at 11:26.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:40   #573
BHPian

Skoda this is not the way to respond to a hardcore automobile community it sure would backfire your concern.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:48   #574
BHPian

I am INSTIGATED!!!

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know that with the kind of warning @Skoda Corporate has issued to us T-BHPians, I am seriously instigated and and it is this instigation that has led to cancellation of booking for the Fabia which we were about to pick up the coming weekend. With this, have got booking of another Fabia cancelled, this was for one of the car accessories guy in Delhi (now guess the impact he is going to make when he discusses his opinion with people who consult him) and this thread, when forwarded to one of my ex-managers, has had him book an accord instead of Superb without even going in for a TD for Superb and also he is pushing his wife to sell off the 2003 Octi they have as it is anyways costing them a fortune to keep it in running condition.

GTO: my humble request to kindly get rid of this RED VRs from the pages as it is seriously instigating
Old 31st March 2009, 11:54   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Nothing out of the way in the Counter/W.S./Version of events, that is scanned and posted here. There are no statements therein that are either wrong, contradictory or audacious. In fact these first paragraphs are 'boilerplate' or standard formats.

'Principal to principal' has a specific connotation in law, and is a standard denial in every case.

Sorry to be a wet blanket but, I see nothing untoward, unusual, unethical or audacious in the pages posted.

Cheers,
do you mean to say here SKODA saying that they are not responsible for their dealer ripping you apart?

suppose you go to a big hospital, approach the hospital management for say some minor illness. they introduce you to the best doctor with them and assure you that take a treatment from him and you will be all right.
now the doctors cuts you apart, takes out your kidney and again stitch you. soon you realize that he has committed a very big crime in one of the most prestigious hospital where you paid a big bill.
now you go mad over this and start a morcha against the hospital. now the management calls you and says, dear-poor-man
" We are not responsible for what the Doctor has done" please take up with the doctor.

Secondly the hospital does now FIRE the doctor and you see him again smiling at you.

One fine day the battery in my new maruti alto leaked and the acid fell over all the parts corroding them. when i went to the dealer he said we need to take up with exide.
A simple letter was sent to MUL Gurgaon regarding the dealer diverting me. within 4 days the MUL service people gave me a ring and visited my house with 2 people from the dealer side.
The Service manager apologised me and said that when you have brought the vehicle from the dealer the dealer will fix the issue.
They took my car to the service station, replaced the alternator and the battery, took the engine off, painted the whole engine bay and changed each and every part that got corroded.
When i went to pick up my car i was greeted well with a sandwich and coffee. when i saw the work order and the work done on my car i saw two extra components:
1. Engine Treatment and COATING - FOC (Free Of Cost)
2. One tank = 30 litres FUEL Voucher - FOC

This all service was for a small 3.2 lacs car.

I think Ravendra you need to clear the Basics of how the business works.
Sorry if it offends but you can have your own thoughts. CHEERS
Old 31st March 2009, 12:06   #576
Senior - BHPian

A really stupid gesture by Skoda. (assuming that the post was genuinely from Skoda representative)

The problem with these Auto companies is that they take Indian public for granted.
Can anyone here imagine the same problem/chain of events occurring in Europe or the US?

Skoda, you have lost it really.
Fighting with your own customers, the ones that provide business to you?
Old 31st March 2009, 12:07   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Why not modify it to let us throw e-brickbats at it, like the sites which let you hurl a shoe at Bush!
A very few times I have seen a swift on top of the Team-BHP.Almost 99 % of the time it shows only the Red Skoda Octavia.I believe the random logic used to pick the car pictures does not return pictures really at random. Looks more like a glitch. Moderators should know better and I believe they are already working on this request. Hopefully, the picture should vanish in sometime.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:08   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I think Ravendra you need to clear the Basics of how the business works.
Sorry if it offends but you can have your own thoughts. CHEERS
There is, to everything, the letter and the SPIRIT! Take your pick.
Finally the customer will show you whether you made the right choice!
Old 31st March 2009, 12:12   #579
BHPian

I know that Tata Motors gets a rather low rating on their after sales service. I had an Indica at one point of time and I would always get it serviced from one of the Tata Authorised Service Centres in Mumbai. However, I never had the kind of horrifying / harrowing experience with TASC that Harish seems to have had with Skoda. Also, although my present car is not a Tata car, I do not rule out buying a Tata car in future.

I was thinking, would it not be a good idea for Skoda to send their executives, dealers and service personnel to Tata Motors for a training program?
Old 31st March 2009, 12:17   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
A very few times I have seen a swift on top of the Team-BHP.Almost 99 % of the time it shows only the Red Skoda Octavia.I believe the random logic used to pick the car pictures does not return pictures really at random. Looks more like a glitch. Moderators should know better and I believe they are already working on this request. Hopefully, the picture should vanish in sometime.
The random image algorithm only works on the front page. Once you are in the forums, the Octavia shows all the time.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:24   #581

The attitude of Skoda is outrageous, and they still don't seem to be bothered.

We too were considering the Fabia as a choice to replace our Wagon R, but have totally ruled that out now and plan to wait for the Jazz now.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:28   #582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
The logic is based on sections. If you visit Home page, you'll notice one image and in a particular section in forum, you see another. So as long as you are browsing the same section in forum, you'll always see the red skoda.

Edit: Just saw the post above. ImmortalZ is right. The random logic works for Home page where as in forum pages, red octy's image is constant.

Last edited by zerocritical : 31st March 2009 at 12:34.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:36   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather than removing the skoda from the top banner of the page, it should be stamped with a text saying: "worst after sales service, buy at your own risk."
Don't know the legal perspective of that though, can be construed as direct libel.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:37   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Seriously guys, I am sure the Team-BHP support has got your suggestion and your collective desire to remove the Skoda car on the masthead. I am also sure that they will do it if they deem fit or if it is technically possible. That car was just an illustration of cars in India and not showing Team-BHP's affiliation or alliance to any brand. Team-BHP's alliance is only to the truth and justice as clearly and repeatedly pointed out by GTO.

We should really move on and talk about other important things than the removal of the car up there ^^. Please.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 31st March 2009 at 12:39.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:40   #585
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
We should really move on and talk about other important things than the removal of the car up there. ^^ Please.
Perfect. We're doing whatever has to be done. What we need to move, we'll move.

Most Viewed