Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 15:11   #601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Tell me that was a joke.
My god what these folks think that Indian consumers are such gullible people. Are we(I am referring the majority of the car buyers)??
Going by that yardstick, Tata and Mahindra would be the only cars that will have horns that work all the time, wiper blades that survive the dust, ac that cools effectively etc etc. How dumb could Mercedes or Skoda think Indians are, when they say their cars are made for european conditions!
Old 31st March 2009, 15:19   #602
BHPian

Thank God I read this thread in time! I was about to gift my mom a Skoda car! Woosh... man this is scary... Cheap Skoda... throw them out of this country... playing with people's life for some bucks... Harish we are with you in this fight...
Old 31st March 2009, 15:25   #603
Senior - BHPian

Height of Quality obsession: The Dealers are so obsessed with Skoda's quality that they decided to Swap original parts in a car with Spurious ones!
Old 31st March 2009, 15:31   #604
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Height of Quality obsession: The Dealers are so obsessed with Skoda's quality that they decided to Swap original parts in a car with Spurious ones!
May be they feel that the spurious parts work better than their original ones!! Hence, they are maintaining quality standards this way!!
Old 31st March 2009, 15:31   #605
Senior - BHPian

My friend bought a Fabia on my recommendation 8 months back for his daughter. The car has been in and out of the service centre 5 times, and problems dont seem to get resolved!! The last reason being, The central locking/immobiliser system is malfunctioning. Autobahn has kept the car for 2 weeks and no solution. They even swapped some components from another Fabia as per advice from Skoda, but still could not solve the problem. Skoda and Autobahn seem to be least bothered. They have not responded except for assurances whenever a call is made. I guess I will also have to follow up on this thread.
Its sad that I advised my friend for the Fabia, am Cursing myself since. My Friend calls the car a 8.00lac piece of Junk! No one in the family wants to use her, since every now and then the alarm goes on!! and the ignition does not operate!! Sad, Very Sad!!
Old 31st March 2009, 15:33   #606
BHPian

Can we have SKODA METER which will display the number of cars / amount of business lost by Skoda because of this episode...

Thiyags
Old 31st March 2009, 16:14   #607

I read an article about an year back on BBC Online edition.. the article talks about a survey among women ( 20 - 35 age group) about their preferred pick up / date car..The list was exhaustive running into 100 cars or so...

Well the most preferred car was a Porche 911

and the least preferred cars were Skoda's

So gentleman if you want to drive with pretty women avoid Skoda's

Just my 2 cents peace
Old 31st March 2009, 16:20   #608
Senior - BHPian

Holy ****. When i was thinking *** of FORD and TATAS is bad this is an eyeopener. I am not buying a SKODA ever and will ask all my friends not to. Who wants to fight over trivialities and such a patheitic attitude from SKODA. Plus please remove the red skoda from the banner ASAP. Also if you guys who have already fought with skoda on avrious issues can you post thier email addresses, maybe we can all write in what we think of this episode to SKODA.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:28   #609
BHPian

Losing crores of Money!

I Think it's money only in this world who teaches the lesson , Skoda never learned the lesson bcoz their products were selling but after the move from Team-Bhp Skoda would be learning a huge lesson.

After this thread, I have cancelled my Superb and there are many related Bhpians who have dropped the Idea of Laura's or Superb's and that turns out to be crores of money.

So think Skoda want to learn this way!
Old 31st March 2009, 16:31   #610
BHPian

2 bhpians voted negatively. I would like to know the reason for negative vote by QUICK DRAW (even though its personal).

Request to Mods: If this post is against any rules, Please delete the post.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:32   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

I think all those people who have cancelled their skoda bookings should write a letter to the skoda HQ saying why they have cancelled their cars. This may give them a bigger jolt or else they will just assume you got a better deal with another car and went ahead with that.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:37   #612
BHPian

shocking facts

Have been following these threads very closely and it’s shocking to see more and more information coming out on unethical practices being followed in this industry, in turn playing with lives of people under some crap quality commitments! We BHPians are doing a great job and creating the much required awareness and supporting a good cause. In most developed countries action would have been taken immediately but unfortunately even foreign brands in India have adapted themselves conveniently to the “chalta hai”, “manage karenge” attitude. I would love to see how this company would react if this incidence were to take place in Germany.

I have found some more information and wish to share this with you. At least we all know who is on the other side of the court.

Taxindiaonline.com - one stop destination for taxman & taxpayer
DNA: Mumbai: 'Should FBI be told to guide our cops?'
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2008/apr/1103874.htm
Old 31st March 2009, 16:42   #613
BHPian

A case of consumer court asking Skoda to pay the customer for faulty car:
Skoda told to replace faulty car or pay Rs 11 lakh - The Financial Express

I don't know if Skoda went to the state commission,like it did with Mr.Harish, to further delay the fine payment.

And look at the comments, one poor elegance customer is struggling with a faulty Skoda which stops anywhere. Am sure the heated rear windows might be of good use to him when he pushes the car.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:45   #614
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
The car has been in and out of the service centre 5 times, and problems dont seem to get resolved!! The last reason being, The central locking/immobiliser system is malfunctioning.
Didn't you read up on our Fabia discussions before recommending the car to your friend?

Quote:
Autobahn has kept the car for 2 weeks and no solution. They even swapped some components from another Fabia as per advice from Skoda, but still could not solve the problem.
Skoda advices its dealers to swap parts!

Quote:
Skoda and Autobahn seem to be least bothered.
Unsurprising since you were, in effect, communicating to the same person. The owner of Auto Bahn is also an employee of Skoda India.

Quote:
My Friend calls the car a 8.00lac piece of Junk!
Wait till he tries to sell it.
Old 31st March 2009, 16:49   #615
BHPian

It was my dream to buy a Skoda, but no more....We are with you Harish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks