Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 19:34   #631
BHPian

I just wonder how could a company that has gained an image of a premium brand in this country think of writing something as outrageous as this on a public forum. I am simply amazed by the ignorance of the company towards the following this forum has and a serious dent that a note like this can cause to thier sales chart.

I had actually ignored this thread by Harish though I used to frequently come across this thread's title while reading through. I never felt the need to actually click on and read the contents of this thread by Harish assuming this must be a one off case. But after reading this unpleasant note from the Skoda's Miss Meghna I couldn't stop myself from going through and understanding the whole thread.

I notice 42,000 views already for this thread and even if an odd 30,000 choose to support the cause I would estimate a loss of at least 60000 units to Skoda already (assuming every one who read this thread can influence purchase of at least two Skoda cars on an average in his contacts - his own and in his immidiate family in time to come).

I also wonder how Skoda would want to act legal against freedom of expression & truth supported by thousands here.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:39   #632
BHPian

Team BHP low on google ranking / search visibility

I searched for Skoda India - and found team-bhp is low on google. I don't think any other car site gets as much traffic as this one. I wonder if new buyers will end up being warned here or get to see sugar coated links.

For the benefit of all, here're the links:

skoda india - Google Search
skoda car india - Google Search
skoda review - Google Search
skoda india review - Google Search
skoda sucks - Google Search

It would help if a few of us launch our blogs linking to this page and/or share this discussion on facebook with our friends. Is anyone on twitter ? Sharing this link via facebook/twitter (instead of email forwards) will raise team-bhp's visibilty on major search engines. We want people who search for skoda to arrive here.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:44   #633
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKRAFT View Post
I have found some more information and wish to share this with you. At least we all know who is on the other side of the court.

Taxindiaonline.com - one stop destination for taxman & taxpayer
DNA: Mumbai: 'Should FBI be told to guide our cops?'
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2008/apr/1103874.htm
Hey MKRAFT, that's some interesting piece of information. But some people seem to be quite experienced with court cases.
That's so instigating!!!!
Old 31st March 2009, 19:46   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
In India, skoda is perceived to be a premium brand. In reeality, it is just a low grade rebadged Volkswagen model basd on previous generations' donor platforms.
That's exactly the point we all have been making.

Our quarrel, if it can be called that, is not with Skoda cars, or the co. that manufactures them internationally. We are not saying that we perceive Skoda CARS to be bad - rather, we think Skodas as cars are fantastic. And that's why the T-BHP masthead displays a Skoda. A lot of people worldwide drive Skoda taxis, which is a big certificate to their reliability - and that's why a lot of people drive Mercedes and Toyota taxis too - even in India, Toyota taxis rule, but no way would we consider Innovas to be bad cars.

Our quarrel/fight/war is with a small section of Skoda - it's Indian arm. We are protesting how this particular group of people treated multiple fellow members poorly, and then, threatened members of this forum with legal action where none is justified.

We continue to believe the fact that Skoda makes good cars worldwide. We also believe that Skoda India makes technologically good cars for the Indian market, with poor quality, poorer after-sales service and abominable behaviour towards its Indian customers.

And that is the TRUTH.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:56   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
I searched for Skoda India - and found team-bhp is low on google.
A change of this thread's title would go a long way toward increasing its visibility. Google searches by titles and not content.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:59   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Skoda India makes technologically good cars for the Indian market, with poor quality.
Correct me if I'm wrong here - but technologically good cars with poor quality sounds contradictory. Technology and Quality go hand-in-hand, right ?

I'll give you a technologically superior bulb that 'oh-so-sorry' doesn't glow because of niggling quality issues - will you still buy it ?
Old 31st March 2009, 20:06   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Dear Skoda Corporate,

It may appear to my more optimist folks here in TBHP that some positive steps have been initiated from your side. However, much to the contrary, I personally view your posts have deviated more towards mere rambling on.
------------------
I would hope in interests of all of us, including Skoda India, corrective measures are deployed without any delay at all. Extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary steps. Therefore, do all that could be done including changing attitude towards customers. If this requires re-organising the corporate structure and hierarchy do it or you soon corporate itself may cease to exist in India If you do not respond fast to and address appropriately the growing negativity around Skoda, then Skoda India is certainly staring down the barrel.

Bon voyage, Skoda India!
You just echoed what i was about to reply to skoda corparate.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:09   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
...technologically good cars with poor quality sounds contradictory. Technology and Quality go hand-in-hand, right ?
Not quite so. The CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) is a technologically superior lamp as compared to the incandescent bulb. But remember the Chinese CFLs that flooded the Indian market not so long ago, which would go kaput after 2 months of use? And the Osram "Made in Germany" CFLs that lasted 5 years? That's what I am talking about...
Old 31st March 2009, 20:16   #639
BHPian

it is really sad and shocking to see such comments by such a senior member of skoda india.wel skoda should learn that customer is god and not the other way around.we are not forced to buy their cars,but its that companies are forced to please the customers to woo them away from other brands.so if your attitude remains such i am very sorry to say that very soon you'll have to pack your bags and go back to your hometown.we indians have lot of choice to choose from.
secondly,team bhp,which can be very rightly said as the largest indian automotive community is no cheap forum to inflame you as a company.nd it wil always stand for what is true.many buyers sit here for days and nights to decide upon their new ride so i am sure such sick action would have surely disappointed a lot of interested buyers including me.
finally thanks,for such obsessed with quality opposed to aesthetics approach.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:17   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
A change of this thread's title would go a long way toward increasing its visibility. Google searches by titles and not content.
Google's search algorithm is oh so more smart than that. It indexes by pages linking to a particular page, among other things.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:20   #641
BHPian

Has this fact been brought to the notice of mags like autocar india and overdrive.i think they can really help support the cause.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:27   #642
BHPian

Not sure if this has been asked before (apologies in advance I havnt been able to read the entire thread - but has the press been approached ? Am sure they would love to cover this story - and not just ACI and car magazine. I am talking national newspapers and financial papers that are read on a daily basis.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:39   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Pardon me, but is the first instance T-BHP is taking an "official" anti-manufacturer stance? I thought there was a deep 'no commercial bias' (plus or anti) sentiment in this forum?
--------------
Removing the picture simply because it's a Skoda car (as someone has suggested) seems an insecure and pointless idea.
so what do you say to keep our mouth shut and receive such threats from skoda because Team BHP is unbiased. i dont understand what would be your reaction when you are in Harish"s position.
Old 31st March 2009, 20:40   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Skoda is indeed obsessed with lack of quality. Somewhere I read in this thread that Laura's AC wont work! Fabia power windows wont work!

I think I saw a ray of hope from Skoda, in reality its all but dark.
The list of problematic Skoda cars is increasing at a rapid pace, and Skoda is not listening. But what can we expect ?
I have heard this from 2 people in our family that their Laura Ac is not as effective as it should be and it has also got busted once, Can any other laura owners verify the AC problem as well?
Old 31st March 2009, 21:15   #645
BHPian

I think Skoda as a brand has almost become a thing of the past in India, all of the above I see after sales issues with Skoda. I have had people I know that have had serious problems with booking a SKODA in Goa, I dont even want to get to know the after sales in Goa. Harishv....HATS OFF

Most Viewed