Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 15:22   #721
BHPian

I think ,maybe, Gandhigiri can melt the rock hard hearts of Skoda customer care reps.
Lets collect the mail ids of top CC executives (and managment also)of Skoda India and mail them this:

with a link to this thread added in the mail.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-recover-soon.jpg  

Last edited by deetee : 1st April 2009 at 15:26.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:23   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
...@Steeroid- I believe the same. Maybe she was just associated with dealership and not directly Skoda. Otherwise no response from a major company for so long is shocking.
GTO has already mentioned that "Skoda Corporate" has registered and confirmed the registration from a "skoda.in" email ID. So, I think this is as close to Skoda that it can get.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:30   #723
BHPian

Just got a wild thought, if we were to run a anti skoda campaign and if i can assume that each member of team bhp has atleast 10 people whom he can influence during their car purchase (influence with facts) against buying a Skoda, unless as already stated they have the time to go through 'grind'.

Effectively with 40,000 members we have the capacity to influence 400,000 decisions against Skoda, and i think these numbers are like hitting them way below the belt !
Old 1st April 2009, 15:36   #724
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
GTO, it is wrong to refer Fiat India here!
Fiat India was NEVER bad to the extent of Skoda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Fiat atleast hasn't cheated anyone in India or that I have come across anyone having complains with regards to his cars reliability. Fiat's customer service was amongst the worst but I guess its climbing ladders and fast.
Hey, don't jump on to me. It was only an example, but a relevant one at that (too many potential Fiat buyers scared away with the support level & reputation. Whether justifiable or not is for another thread). Plus, you can't deny that Fiat India wears a battered image today. It is VERY hard to rebuild your image in the Indian market where word of mouth works wonders (for or against). I had also posted earlier that Fiat's customer care department is leagues ahead, IMHO, after reading all these Skoda horror stories. Yup, never heard of such mass scale cheating cases either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Now everyone is aware of the skoda situation.
My only worry is : Has Skoda India actually realised the gravity of the situation? Have heads rolled? Have solid customer service initiatives been put in place? We won't forget this thread, but what if they do and get on to business (i.e. customer care) as usual?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I think ,maybe, Gandhigiri can melt the rock hard hearts of Skoda customer care reps.
Lets collect the mail ids of top CC executives (and managment also)of Skoda India and mail them this:

with a link to this thread added in the mail.
I don't use the word often, but that post is cute
Old 1st April 2009, 15:41   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Quote:
@Steeroid- I believe the same. Maybe she was just associated with dealership and not directly Skoda. Otherwise no response from a major company for so long is shocking.
GTO has already mentioned that "Skoda Corporate" has registered and confirmed the registration from a "skoda.in" email ID. So, I think this is as close to Skoda that it can get.
With my past experience(in 2005) with a car dealer, I have seen some of the employees working with dealership also had email id with the car company domain.

But if we probe(google search) a little bit on "Meghna Choksey", you will get to know that "Meghna Choksey" is indeed Head PR & Corporate Communications, SkodaAuto India. Also I am sure skoda would not have allocated the same / similar id to another employee of Skoda or any one working at any of the dealership.

I think, the support staff at team-bhp might have looked in to this in all directions before starting this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Just got a wild thought, if we were to run a anti skoda campaign and if i can assume that each member of team bhp has atleast 10 people whom he can influence during their car purchase (influence with facts) against buying a Skoda, unless as already stated they have the time to go through 'grind'.

Effectively with 40,000 members we have the capacity to influence 400,000 decisions against Skoda, and i think these numbers are like hitting them way below the belt !
Forget about 40,000 members, even if 1000 members start doing this, Skoda India will have a big dent on their sales. Damn! how come they dont understand the gravity of the situation?? This could be a potential threat to skoda india if they dont take some serious course of positive actions.

BTW, did any one put this on skoda forums. Any one here a member of skoda forums?? rider60, I think you are.

Raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 1st April 2009 at 15:51.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:41   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey, don't jump on to me. It was only an example, but a relevant one at that (too many potential Fiat buyers scared away with the support level & reputation. Whether justifiable or not is for another thread). Plus, you can't deny that Fiat India wears a battered image today. It is VERY hard to rebuild your image in the Indian market where word of mouth works wonders (for or against). I had also posted earlier that Fiat's customer care department is leagues ahead, IMHO, after reading all these Skoda horror stories. Yup, never heard of such mass scale cheating cases either.

No Rush, we aren't jumping on you. We know it quite well and the way Fiat had to suffer. Skoda too is going to have the same fate and soon. Just that Fiat had the realization, that it is going wrong somewhere and they tried their best to correct it. And yes, they are succeeding in their attempt. Its been quite some time that I have heard of a spare part or some other issue from the company's side.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:42   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I really doubt if she truly represents Skoda - it does seem like she is trying to 'protect' her dealership and not speaking on behalf of Skoda on all those occassions.

I dont think we should take this lady seriously, but perhaps Skoda should take note of her interactions with the media and the community? Also send her (or whoever it was that sent the message) to some sort of language school.
Well by designation she is working for Skoda India but where her loyalties lie maybe another matter altogether.

Quote:
@Steeroid- I believe the same. Maybe she was just associated with dealership and not directly Skoda. Otherwise no response from a major company for so long is shocking.
It has been confirmed by at least two sources that she is indeed Head - Corporate Communications for Skoda India (or something similar). What her relationship with the dealership is at this current moment is anyone's guess.
Old 1st April 2009, 15:49   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
No way guys. Mums the word.

Was reading Joe-ker's post and wondered.

GTO/Mods - Can we have clinics held by experts where we can ascertain the originality of the spares in a car ? Critical spares actually? Just thinking aloud. Is it possible?
ok DONE, you come to know parts are fake! what next? go to SKODA dealer and point/fight over this? dont you know what will he/skoda say?
" We do not ascertain that the parts are fitted at our dealership"
Old 1st April 2009, 15:49   #729
BHPian

reworked a couple of Skoda slogans

Skoda - Simply Clever
to
Skoda - Simply Ignorant

Skoda - Obsession with Quality
to
Skoda - Obsession with Ignorance and

Skoda - Obsession with Arrogance
Old 1st April 2009, 15:56   #730
Senior - BHPian

Meghna Choksey is indeed the daughter of Haren Choksey, the owner of Autobahn in Mumbai. She was looking after Autobahn for few years now, and few months back has gone over to Skoda india. Maybe for training or whatever. She being a rich fathers daughter would probably gain new experience and then get back to being the chief of Autobahn or whatever the dealership ventures into.
I must say that my Friend is Very Unhappy with Autobahn for bad handling and no comunication for his problems on the Fabia, which remains unresolved. If she is now communications chief at Skoda you can imagine what everyone is in for!!!
Old 1st April 2009, 16:02   #731
BHPian

I am sure they are hand in glove with the service centers since now we know about Meghna's double existence and the fact there are no more posts by her.

I think if you own a Skoda you just have to pray that you dont meet with an accident in it or hope that the car does not get damaged. The car will save your life but the repair bills by the service center may not :(

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st April 2009 at 16:13.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:10   #732
BHPian

All we expect from a Manufacturer is proper Customer Support and After Sales Service!!! Well thats their job if they want to sell a product. If a reputed company like Skoda cannot keep up with this. Then they better stop producing cars until they can give proper support for their products!!!
Old 1st April 2009, 16:15   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
" We do not ascertain that the parts are fitted at our dealership"
Ha Ha.: you bet amit. what does one do then????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
I think if you own a Skoda you just have to pray that you dont meet with an accident in it or hope that the car does not get damaged. The car will save your life but the repair bills by the service center may not :(
Well said jasher, well said.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:18   #734
BHPian

Count another Octavia sale averted. My colleague is going in for Honda Civic now instead of the Black Octi he was planning.

Warm thanks to Skoda for all their efforts in pulling their own sales down. We will continue our efforts till either Skoda comes forward and resolves the issue out and apologizes for what all their PR manager has said on this forum or we end up beating dead meat out of them
Old 1st April 2009, 16:19   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
I am sure they are hand in glove with the service centers since now we know about Meghna's double existence and the fact there are no more posts by her.

correction, not only the repair bills but a possibility of replacing original parts

Most Viewed