Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 16:25   #736
BHPian

I have a question:
Apart from letting out our anguish on our own forum , can't we also do a direct (also peaceful) protest against skoda 'corporates' ?

Am seriously considering sending them a 'Get Well Soon' e-card everyday morning untill they respond properly (Yeah they are sick enough not to be able to comprehend the situation ).

Legal gurus, please suggest whether doing such peaceful protest is lawful.
Also, some one please pm me the email ids of whatever top managment we can get to.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:28   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Just got a wild thought, if we were to run a anti skoda campaign and if i can assume that each member of team bhp has atleast 10 people whom he can influence during their car purchase (influence with facts) against buying a Skoda, unless as already stated they have the time to go through 'grind'.

Effectively with 40,000 members we have the capacity to influence 400,000 decisions against Skoda, and i think these numbers are like hitting them way below the belt !
I have received the email thread from a Indian software company's (with employee strenght > 80000) discussion forum ,and most of them are reading it and forwarding the message to all the people they know. In addition to the 40000 Team-BHP members, this matter is discussed everywhere. Sometime the internet is too powerful, and Companies should start treating Indian customers with the same standards of "developed" country. The affected person should not only get his car back in original condition or a New car and sue the company for loss of time.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:30   #738
BHPian

yes you are absolutely right,
But i think situation is more than worst in case of SKODA.
At least I have never seen Such a BOASTING email from Top authority of FIAT India. They accepted their A.S.S. is a pain and trying to change it in big way. I can see the diff. Here SKODA is actually threatening end user not to say anything against them.

I really feel sorry of PPL like harishv. Still he is living with out his car, still fighting. And only mistake he made was he bought SKODA. Hope that everything will get settled down ASAP and he will get mental peace.

Also as of now i will make it a point that i will try to divert ppl from SKODA to other brands. ( harishv case will be a strong evidence for that.) I wonder if this is what happening in city Like MUMBAI, what will be a case in remote areas????
Old 1st April 2009, 16:37   #739
BHPian

I always admired Skoda for its presence on road, more applicable to VRs as i always wanted to drive and own one someday. But then its out of production, and with my time over here at Team-Bhp i understood what all a customer of Skoda has to bear with its ownership.

Any manufacturer, makes or breaks because of 2 reasons (acc. to me)

1. Public Opinion on the brand
2. Customer Service and Customer Attention

On going through with soo many ordeals by our fellow bhpians who own skoda, customer service has been discussed at lengths on this forum.

And as fara as Public Opinion is concerned, i think majority of the people present here have already given the verdict and shall pass on this thinking to the rest of their collegues, friends, relatives etc..

God help Skoda in India.....
Old 1st April 2009, 16:41   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Vid, Thad, Steeroid, harry & GTO,

I am all for this thread and am also referring people to it who wish to buy a skoda.

My post only tried to explain one possible reason for Skoda Corporate's (Meghana's) silence. Please don't take it out of context.
I just replied keeping the intention in mind and not the content.
I know what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
GTO has already mentioned that "Skoda Corporate" has registered and confirmed the registration from a "skoda.in" email ID. So, I think this is as close to Skoda that it can get.
I know that as well. Was just pointing that maybe the RIGHT people in Skoda still are not aware whats going on. If someone has mail ids of top officials we should send these 2 links to them.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:59   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
It is only people like Harish who make a difference and his effort should be applauded. Unlike the olden days, communities like team-bhp are there to support people like Harish and that makes a huge difference. So in the end even if Skoda India wins this case against Harish, they would have only won the battle and lost the war.
-Biju
Thanks Biju. Let us try and win the war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Height of Quality obsession: The Dealers are so obsessed with Skoda's quality that they decided to Swap original parts in a car with Spurious ones!
. Good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby STi View Post
Hey all,
I own two Skoda's, both of which I've had trouble with.
-Vamsi
You are welcome to join the Team in the class action suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs1951 View Post
I was thinking, would it not be a good idea for Skoda to send their executives, dealers and service personnel to Tata Motors for a training program?
. Second that

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
do you mean to say here SKODA saying that they are not responsible for their dealer ripping you apart?

" We are not responsible for what the Doctor has done" please take up with the doctor.
Right said Fred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Wishing you the very best Harish in your stand against such atrociousness behavior and attitude by Skoda. I'm sure you will emerge victorious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
This is indeed a sad state of affairs. I have been following Harish's tale of woe for quite some time and have to say, "Hat's off to you Harish!".

@ Harish, I hope this situation gets resolved fast and kudos for taking a stand and hanging in there.
Thank you guys. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Exactly.
Skoda, if you cant stand the heat atleast get out of the kitchen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
@Harish, hats off to you man!! Hope things end well for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Harish - Salutes to you. We as a community of car lovers can never see one of us suffer!
Thanks for the overwhelming support

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Smilie usage is restricted to 2 per post. Please read the rules.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 1st April 2009 at 17:02.
Old 1st April 2009, 17:06   #742
Senior - BHPian

Reading the comments from owners here, I wonder how would they feel while dropping their cars at authorised service centers on whether it will come back with problems resolved and with geniuine parts.

That was silly of Meghna to write, esp a two liner threatening message to TBHP. Its going to do more harm than good. Better to look at the problem instead of the hullaboo over the problem.
Old 1st April 2009, 17:19   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Am seriously considering sending them a 'Get Well Soon' e-card everyday morning untill they respond properly (Yeah they are sick enough not to be able to comprehend the situation ).

Legal gurus, please suggest whether doing such peaceful protest is lawful.
I have some legal qualifications, though far from a "guru".
This suggestion is perfectly legal and beyond reproach, and "Gandhigiri" like this is really needed.
I am amazed at the number of posts in this thread, shows the alertness of the members to any threat.
The post from Skoda is silly, it's a typical lawyer's reaction, and really makes no commercial sense. Instead of quickly addressing the problem, and rushing to solve the issue by full replacement, they choose to barricade themselves behind legal platitudes, This certainly is good froma a lawyer's perspective (fees, etc) but makes little sense when you consider public image and consumer confidence.
Old 1st April 2009, 18:20   #744
Senior - BHPian

You talking about instigating us?
Go on , give it a shot.
There ain't any court in India big enough to handle 41,461 voices against you in the court.

Though i am an owner of a skoda octavia vRs. However I feel that it is better to get the car serviced from other guys who are more experienced and not at all arrogant and stubborn like you guys.
You cannot solve the problem of 1 car and have 15000 plus sales every year.
God help the company.

Thumbs Down SKODA!
Old 1st April 2009, 18:58   #745
BHPian

My contribution - I have just forwarded the link to Mumbai Hangout which is very popular among yahoo groups with 3,31,606 members, Let the story spread across the world.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:12   #746
BHPian

I have read 50 pages and 742 posts about their attitude and my blood has boiled over!

My friend was planning to buy a fabia and now she has changed her mind on this. And this after test driving almost all smallish cars in the market.

So that's one more cust lost for Skoda.

I have put the links on my status msgs and I have about 23 replies since morning commenting on this! Phew! The power of the Internet and Team-BHP!

Cheers!

Prajwal
Old 1st April 2009, 19:14   #747
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
...please note that I have arrived at my opinion (quoted by you above) after having read every post on this thread.

How can you then expect a corporate executive, most likely unused to internet forums and without the time or inclination to read this thread through, to arrive at conclusions anywhere near the well-reasoned, helpful ones you have stated? Is he not far more likely to:

(a) Not read through all 661 posts so far?
(b) Read from an antagonistic viewpoint?
(c) Ignore the contents of this thread as irrelevant third-party mumblings?
(d) Arrive at my painful conclusions above?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
It's just that I have moral misgivings against this blanket, large-scale anti-Skoda movement. Not because it's Skoda in particular: it's the principle of the thing. What if this becomes a trend?
I see multiple posts where members including myself have offered a 'helping hand' to Skoda. see link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1236084

I would assume that if you could read 661 posts when you have no commercial interest in doing so someone at Skoda would have done the same.

I do not expect Skoda to turnaround over night. Changing systems and processes takes some time. What I however would have expected Skoda to do very quickly is to engage the few customers it has offended on this form with the sole object of solving these few issues to begin with.

Maybe Skoda's management is busy having meetings and developing new processes and systems but that should not stop them from taking some small immediate action on the ground.

There are signs that Skoda Management is probably following this thread as well as Harish's thread very closely. In this case why not engage this one customer (forget the court case and all that legal-shegal nonsense) and resolve to first satisfy just Harish. 1 customer. Is that too much to ask? I am sure that Harish too would be very happy to have a troublefree Skoda instead of doing the rounds of the courts.

Skoda India, are you living in the limelight? To quote Neil Peart
"Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact"

Limelight - Rush (from the album Moving Pictures0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Disagree totally. The question is 'Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?' Team-BHP stands for that question and that is one of the main reasons for our existence.
Apparently atleast 3 TBHPians prefer that we not stand up for the TRUTH. That we not offer our members atleast a patient hearing especially when some like Harish present more than adequate evidence to substantiate their statements.

I'd like to ask every TBHPIan one question. If you were in Harish's shoes would you not like to have the support of every TBHPian especially when your car is depreciating at 30% per year, when the court cases in India can drag on for entire lifetimes, when all your other attmempts and pleas have fallen on deaf ears!

TBHP WILL NOT BE A DEAF MUTE SPECTATOR.

Last edited by navin : 1st April 2009 at 19:16.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:35   #748
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I see multiple posts where members including myself have offered a 'helping hand' to Skoda. see link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1236084
Not to mention, a detailed action plan was also laid out here.

Quote:
TBHP WILL NOT BE A DEAF MUTE SPECTATOR.
The Indian car enthusiast has spoken and how! A 1000 votes & 750 replies in a matter of 5 days. This community never fails to surprise me.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:38   #749
BANNED

I completely stand by affected consumers like Harish, but also feel that it has become an issue of nose/ego among the admin/mod staff.

The ones in power try to exploit others right to freedom to their advantage & trying to throttle the freedom of speech is one such eg. It happens everywhere & even I might invite a ban for my post!

What is really going to happen is, some bigwig from Skoda might apologize to T-Bhp & the matter shall be laid to rest.

There's been a tumultuous appeal to change the forum banner, but I guess T-Bhp doesn't want to send across a message of being biased. Anyways, knowingly/unknowingly, consciously/unconsciously the vehicle displayed on the banner must have influenced many into falling in for that particular vehicle & can be equated to advertising.

With this, Ive exercised my right to free speech on a public board!
Old 1st April 2009, 19:41   #750
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I have some legal qualifications, though far from a "guru".
This suggestion is perfectly legal and beyond reproach, and "Gandhigiri" like this is really needed.
I am amazed at the number of posts in this thread, shows the alertness of the members to any threat.
The post from Skoda is silly, it's a typical lawyer's reaction, and really makes no commercial sense. Instead of quickly addressing the problem, and rushing to solve the issue by full replacement, they choose to barricade themselves behind legal platitudes, This certainly is good froma a lawyer's perspective (fees, etc) but makes little sense when you consider public image and consumer confidence.
Hey guyz, backing up to deetee,
Why don't we all email Skoda Corporate, "get well soon cards" every morning (or preferably 3, 4 times a day)?

We kind of have two email IDs!

In the same mail, we can also include all the Skoda people whose IDs are available.

I'm not saying it will work, but we don't have anything to loose here. So why don't we give it a try?

What say guys?

Last edited by xPK : 1st April 2009 at 19:45.

Most Viewed