Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 19:46   #751
BHPian

This is seriously crazy. How on earth does a company like Skoda treat indian customers like this......... Moreover the parent company washing its hands clean>>

Well enough is enough and its time for a change.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:50   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

I'd like to ask every TBHPIan one question. If you were in Harish's shoes would you not like to have the support of every TBHPian especially when your car is depreciating at 30% per year, when the court cases in India can drag on for entire lifetimes, when all your other attmempts and pleas have fallen on deaf ears!
DAMN RIGHT I WOULD!

IMHO, Skoda has invited this "blanket large scale movement" against themselves thanks to a complete lackadaisical attitude towards their customers, and premium customers at that!

If only they had taken a simple step to undo the blatant thievery againt Harish, none of this would have happened. Other suffering customers chose to remain mute anyways.

When requests, appeals, and demands fail to get them to do the right thing, it is pretty obvious that only a loss of business will get their notice. So be it ...
Old 1st April 2009, 20:02   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I would assume that if you could read 661 posts when you have no commercial interest in doing so someone at Skoda would have done the same.

I do not expect Skoda to turnaround over night. Changing systems and processes takes some time. What I however would have expected Skoda to do very quickly is to engage the few customers it has offended on this form with the sole object of solving these few issues to begin with.

Maybe Skoda's management is busy having meetings and developing new processes and systems but that should not stop them from taking some small immediate action on the ground.

There are signs that Skoda Management is probably following this thread as well as Harish's thread very closely. In this case why not engage this one customer (forget the court case and all that legal-shegal nonsense) and resolve to first satisfy just Harish. 1 customer. Is that too much to ask? I am sure that Harish too would be very happy to have a troublefree Skoda instead of doing the rounds of the courts.

TBHP WILL NOT BE A DEAF MUTE SPECTATOR.
Skoda might be having a video conference everywhere and daily production meets where these issues might be in discussion.
I can very well imagine what kind of conference might be called at skoda india, Because i see this plight daily.
Also i BET that there is a big blame game going around by various departments in SKODA.
The two main departments being "MARKETING" and "SERVICE".
Marketing people might be blaming the service people for the failed system at their end. now marketing people might be shouting on top of their voice that they cannot meet the target due to service departments foolishness.

They might also have called all the authorised dealers and service station people for a round table discussion about the thefts and ripping off going on at their end.
These Dealers might be revealing many names from SKODA who support and assist such frauds. They might also be threatning the company that if they stop or alter their dealership they will expose all SKODA employees involved in various cases.

NOW admist all this confussion SKODA might be just (the smiley speaks) banging their heads.

now pressure is from both sides, customers who are cutting down their sales and the dealers who are not ready to behave properly as their profits might come down.

so i guess SKODA people can do nothing apart from just seeing every RAMPAGE post on this and other forums. this is also delaying HARISH's case.

As some people say the thread will die some day, but yes the impression of skoda in peoples mind will never die. no one will DARE to buy a SKODA nor will they recommend anyone.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:13   #754
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With this, Ive exercised my right to free speech on a public board!
And we respect your right to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
I completely stand by affected consumers like Harish, but also feel that it has become an issue of nose/ego among the admin/mod staff.

The ones in power try to exploit others right to freedom to their advantage & trying to throttle the freedom of speech is one such eg. It happens everywhere & even I might invite a ban for my post!
BHP1, please go back and read up on our demands. What we are standing up for is our right to freedom of expression. As also that we won't take such a threat lying down.

I'm going to ask you to watch what you type, since your presumptions are just that. And NOT based on facts.

And for all that talk about "the ones in power", we have enough members with more experience than us and who think for their own self. They have often stood up against the "ones in power" as they deem fit. INDEPENDENTLY. BHPians value their own opinions very highly. Members of this community think for their own self; thats exactly what makes it so vibrant.

Quote:
What is really going to happen is, some bigwig from Skoda might apologize to T-Bhp & the matter shall be laid to rest.
You've so obviously missed up on reading previous posts and what exactly we want. Error in judgement, BHP1, I can honestly tell you that. 99% of the demands revolve around:

1. Improving customer service standards
2. Making up to Harish, Kapil Jolly and a host of other unhappy Skoda owners.
3. Working with us and not against us. We are, after all, a body of the end customer.

It will be great for you to read up some representation of these facts in the cross-links above (mine and Navins post).

Quote:
There's been a tumultuous appeal to change the forum banner, but I guess T-Bhp doesn't want to send across a message of being biased.
We have a track record of 5 years + 1.0 million posts to prove our unbiased nature and have nothing more to prove. Heck, read up the mod teams latest posts on the Skoda Superb to know what we are talking about.

Quote:
Anyways, knowingly/unknowingly, consciously/unconsciously the vehicle displayed on the banner must have influenced many into falling in for that particular vehicle & can be equated to advertising.
We couldn't care any less. The reason that RS has been put up there is because it was India's first true drivers car, within the realistic reach (price wise) of several enthusiasts. I'd also add that the RS is to shuffle with my Jeep, Rudras Amby, a Swift and a Civic. Somehow, our tech team has had trouble in making that happening (but is currently working on it) on this specific forum software (look up our home page at /web to see how the shuffle works).

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2009 at 20:15.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:33   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
I completely stand by affected consumers like Harish, but also feel that it has become an issue of nose/ego among the admin/mod staff.

There's been a tumultuous appeal to change the forum banner, but I guess T-Bhp doesn't want to send across a message of being biased. Anyways, knowingly/unknowingly, consciously/unconsciously the vehicle displayed on the banner must have influenced many into falling in for that particular vehicle & can be equated to advertising.

With this, Ive exercised my right to free speech on a public board!
I can see you joined T-bhp the same month i have joined. I don't know how active you are here but am here almost daily for 8-9 hours barring the sundays.
All this period i have noticed the support given by moderator team for issues related with a t-bhpian. Thats why i feel there is no ego involved here at all. Its a matter of JUSTICE which all the people who had been treated wrong by Skoda deserves. We are just a helping hand in the process.

I respect your opinion and the freedom of speech and thats where Skoda made the mistake - respecting and honouring the customers opinion and grievances.

Yes i agree with the banner part. When i joined and was a newcomer i also thought T-bhp advertises Skoda octavia probably cos its a good car but when you spend sometime here you realise the truth(i still believe octavia is a good car but Skoda as a company isn't).

Edit- Read your reply now Rush as was typing mine.
I know this will fit up in the suggestions thread more but as we are so active on this one i wanna suggest why don't Mod team also include a Nano with all the cars you have mentioned on the home page.
I personally feel Nano deserves to be their as if Vrs is a true drivers car Nano is a true common man's car.

@Amit- Quiet a few good logical points.

Last edited by harry10 : 1st April 2009 at 20:42.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:36   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
These Dealers might be revealing many names from SKODA who support and assist such frauds. They might also be threatning the company that if they stop or alter their dealership they will expose all SKODA employees involved in various cases.
Could be the case. Strong possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
My contribution - I have just forwarded the link to Mumbai Hangout which is very popular among yahoo groups with 3,31,606 members, Let the story spread across the world.
That was quite a big one Aston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Was just pointing that maybe the RIGHT people in Skoda still are not aware whats going on. If someone has mail ids of top officials we should send these 2 links to them.
My post no. 59 on the other thread has all the id's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Reading the comments from owners here, I wonder how would they feel while dropping their cars at authorised service centers on whether it will come back with problems resolved and with geniuine parts.
All of you in your wildest dreams would not be able to imagine the level of fraud which used to go on at Nummer Eins.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:39   #757
BHPian

Harish, have Meghna or Skoda India even contacted you after all the madness that happened last few days?
Old 1st April 2009, 21:15   #758
BHPian

For the 3 people who voted against and those who think this is an ego issue with the admin/mod staff
Imagine if you were in harish's place and genuine parts from your car were replaced by substandard parts by the dealership in collusion with the car company and as a result your car with your near and dear ones has an accident with (god forbid) mortal injury to them what would you do or say ? remain mute is the best option or go and congratulate the dealer and car company and recommend their cars to your near and dear ones
Its easy to brush off an incident lightly when you are not involved/affected
Something like this almost happened to harish and hes without a car for 1 year which he brought with his hard earned money thinking that he was getting a premium car from a company obsessed with quality service and care what does he get in return fraud and legal proccedings against him with his car impounded
I fully support harish and the admin/mod staff they have done the right thing never putup with fraud and injustice

Last edited by dockap : 1st April 2009 at 21:18.
Old 1st April 2009, 21:18   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Harish, have Meghna or Skoda India even contacted you after all the madness that happened last few days?
That is exactly what I had asked earlier today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
If the lion wanted to eat grass that way, it would have got in touch with Harish and made some offer. Harish would have posted that here. Unless they have sworn him to secrecy, as a pre-condition!
That would be laughably poor administration, LOL! The truth will out one way or the other, now or later.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:28   #760
BHPian

Read through 51 pages and 757 posts. Voted even without reading the first post.
Team-BHP does not bend to corporate pressure. Not now, not ever.

We are united and we are behind harish, kapil and the others. Hope your class action suit gets the desired results.

Last edited by srijit : 1st April 2009 at 22:29.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:45   #761

what i find really surprising in this thread, is that: there isn't a single Skoda owner who has stood up and defended the Company! (among the thousands of Skoda owners in India)
Really speaks volumes of the company's service and attitude towards it's customers.
And please Mods. do not run down/criticize, users who vote "no" in the poll. We must stand up for free speech, even if , the logic is totally warped, and the "Nay" voters are actually company reps.
Thats the beauty of this community... everybody has a right to post their opinion.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:55   #762
BHPian

I would like to share a fresh incident which has pleasantly surprised me, that too at a time when things are pretty heated on this thread regarding customer care for the cars.

My Car: Maruti Suzuki SX4
Incident:
1-Apr-09, 9:10 PM - After finishing my shopping, when I started my car, I noticed that a warning light was on. I immediately shut the engine and consulted the manual to find what the light meant. The light was for malfunction and it said it was due to problem with "Emission Control".
1-Apr-09, 9:15 PM - I called up the Chowgule Industries service centre. The person got the details from me and said not to worry and gave me the number and name of the breakdown service person. He also enquired about how far I was from my home. When I mentioned 3 kms, he said that I could drive the car till my home. That was a relief as I had my kid and wife with me. I thought I will call after reaching home.
1-Apr-09, 9:28 PM - I reached home and called up the breakdown service person and mentioned the problem to him, He said that he was on a way to attend to another car which has broken down on the highway and will give me a call in 30 mins.
1-Apr-09, 9:45 PM - The person called me and took my address and said he will reach in another 25-30 mins.
1-Apr-09, 10:17 PM - I got a call from the person that he has reached the building. I went downstairs and he checked the car. He said that engine and everything is fine, the problem could be a wrong code generated by the ECU or some sensor related problem. He disconnected the battery and reconnected again and the problem was solved
He took my signature on the register and left, nothing else mentioned and no money charged.

My experience: When I saw the malfunction light, I thought tonight is spoilt, I might have to leave my car here and not sure when this will get sorted and within a span of 1.5 hours, the issue was solved.

Mods: Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, do move this to other thread if appropriate

Last edited by Meer : 1st April 2009 at 23:08. Reason: Added message for mods
Old 1st April 2009, 22:57   #763
BHPian

@carcoll, Actually a few lucky ones did post their positive experiences with the company.

This forum being un biased has positive and negative posts towards skoda, the latter being in majority for skoda India's brilliant management of the company.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:58   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
No guys. They haven't.

5 days now. You can see Skoda's callous attitude and response to a respected automobile community of 40,000 + people, 2 threads, 1200 posts, 1,00,000 views.

Try and imagine their behavior with a solitary individual like me.

Skoda trampled all over me with their financial and legal muscle
while their dealer's did with their political and strong arm clout.
Old 1st April 2009, 23:08   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Skoda trampled all over me with their financial and legal muscle
while their dealer's did with their political and strong arm clout.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I wanted to hear that. I hope the thousands of people viewing as guests read that!

Even in the wrong they want to fight, nice.

So Meghna, your online customer service is just some crap right since the actual SERVICE and SATISFACTION to the CUSTOMER is NOT HAPPENING.

Harish, let us know about the press conference.

Last edited by Gagan.js : 1st April 2009 at 23:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks