Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:49   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Just posted the link on my facebook status update. That's another 400 odd friends who are gonna read this now.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:49   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I am still not able to understand, what exactly they mean?

So far I understand that the cars sold here are look-alike or imitation (or kit cars??) which have approval from ARAI(I suppose) of the actual skoda cars with the technical support of Skoda Czech.
Maybe they're just authorised importers allowed to use the Skoda name? Skoda India Private Limited is a privately held company - who knows what the ownership structure is like?

EDIT: I found it on the Skoda Auto annual report:

Skoda Auto India Private Ltd.,
Aurangabad, India,
Stake held by Škoda Auto: 99.99%.
Objects of business: purchase (including import), production, assembly, sale, and export of vehicles,components, spare parts, accessories, and other goods.

I've heard of Skoda issues abroad in the past, but they are considered to be reasonably reliable nowadays. Maybe they just send their QC failed cars here to the 'official importer'?

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd April 2009 at 14:06.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:56   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
1) Paintjob, every new scratch on the car uncoats the previous yellow colour.
evo -

get good pictures, preferably from a professional, of the paint peeling. See that the color below is easily visible and can be identified. Also see if you have a picture of your car with the previous color.

Sorry Mods. Not quite familiar wth the Edit options.

Last edited by harishv : 2nd April 2009 at 13:59.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:57   #814
BHPian

These sort of things are usually done for tax purposes, Skoda India pays licence fees and other payments to Skoda international to use the Skoda brand name. These deals and cross ownerships are quite complex and we would need a financial expert to unravel the true ownerships and explain the rationale.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:58   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
So who owns the Skoda Auto India Private Limited??? Any one from Registrar of Companies verify this and tell us if it is ok to reveal the information? (I am not sure whether I am asking the right questions)
Raj.
Can we do this ? Is any one among us doing anything related to RoC ?
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:58   #816
Senior - BHPian

Man, the Skoda horror stories are getting worse and worse everyday! This is like a tsunami that just keeps coming and coming and coming. What's shocking is that it's not just Nummer Eins but dealerships across the country that pilfer , change parts and rip off customers. It's a clear case of the company exercising no control over their dealerships. It's amazing that Skoda sales still keep going up every year. How do they manage that?
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:00   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post

one can definitely ask as Right to Information act (RTI).
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:02   #818
BHPian

@mods - Do we really need the red car on the top anymore? Are we yet going to be marketing for skoda after all this? I personally vote for a change.
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:06   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Thats a bare faced lie. The only conclusion that we can draw is that the rot extends all the way from the dealer to Skoda Auto HQ in Czech.

The only solution that I can for see is that this alleged Indian "Importer" of Skoda Auto cease to exist in India.

Request to Mods: Can all the S(k)oda fraud cases be clubbed in a single thread - So that we can circulate a comprehensive "its definitely not a one off case" brief to family, friends and colleagues?
I think a sub forum with different soda cases would be good.
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:08   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check my post - I've edited it after I found some info online. 99.99% stake held by Skoda Auto, who conveniently wash their hands off everytime a customer tries to reach them in Germany or the Czech Republic or wherever it is that they sit.
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:12   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Check my post - I've edited it after I found some info online. 99.99% stake held by Skoda Auto, who conveniently wash their hands off everytime a customer tries to reach them in Germany or the Czech Republic or wherever it is that they sit.
Sorry missed that post Steeroid. Just curious. who's the balance 0.01 ?
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:16   #822
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I know I'm really spoon-feeding a company that knows little of the internet (and its power). But here goes:

1. Internet Reputation Management Resource. @ Skoda : Please read the information there as well as on this page. It will help you make better decisions. Seriously.

Consider the survey : 40% of internet users trust reviews on a recognised website + reviews written by customers on a blog.
Now, multiply that number since most car enthusiasts here are also opinion makers / advisors to their friends & family.....what are we looking at?

Skoda India may have been ignorant WRT all things forums / blogs, but this ought to be a wake up call! C'mon. ACT before its too late. Other European companies who ignored their customers (Peugeot & Fiat) have either packed their bags and gone home, or are languishing with embarassingly low sales over the last 5 years.

Quote:
Sorry missed that post Steeroid. Just curious. who's the balance 0.01 ?
Ummm, dealers ? All hand in hand, boy!

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2009 at 14:19.
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:17   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Saam babu they lied to you I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have approached Skoda (Czech Republic) on previous occasion, asking them to intervene or help Skoda India resolve technical affairs with a customer and I have recieved this as the official reply. .....
On the second thoughts, can this official reply be of any use to harish's case??
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:17   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
EVO,

That is some nightmare that you have gone thru! So, Skoda Czek do not have any control on Skoda India. Skoda India has no control on their dealers. And Skoda Dealers have no control on their employee's!

Man, what a circus!
what a mess! They all run away from taking ownership and take turns at doing so! What a pathetic state of affairs! I haven't seen anything this bad, ever!
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:22   #825
BHPian

Slightly Off topic

After reading this thread, I sent an email to skodadealersupport@misupport.net (the address on their website). I stated that I am in the market for a car and am considering a couple of Skoda models as well. However, during my research I found too many horror stories about Skoda and their dealers. I asked what the company is doing to address these concerns. I got an automated response from the server stating ' we have received your query and shall get back to you within 1 working day. This was on Sunday (29 Mar 09). Today is Thursday (02 Apr 09) and I am still awaiting a response. I have sent the same email back to them today. Let's see if anything comes out of it.

I am willing to give them a chance to explain and have in fact said that I am considering one of their cars as a 'potential' buy and NO ONE gets back. I can only wonder what happens after they sell you the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks