Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:58   #841
Senior - BHPian

Frankly.. for me it takes guts to maintain a Skoda. With such horror service stories floating i am sure people will think twice and then think twice what they thought just before.

It looks service setup at skoda is very filmsy.

PS: We are going to touch 1000 mark !!
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:02   #842
BHPian

I wonder, what were the "three" smoking while they clicked the NO of this poll.

GTO, I am very sure that more and more sufferers will join this thread.

BTW, I couldn't see any more response from SKODA CORPORATE for the past two days. What were they thinking while they threatened to sue GTO...???

By intervening into this forum and by the way they justified themselves, they have lost their credibility. I could just say.... START THE COUNT DOWN!!!
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:21   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Sorry for the VW owners too coz now i just seem to hate that Advertisement too where the guy gives his key to the Valet, it conveys now we're giving a chance to the third world to drive our "prestigious" cars. Reeks of dirt. My interpretation or mis-interpretation whatever you see it as. Sorry for my anger and frustration guys.
erm.. That really is a mis-interpretation. They have the exact same ad for the VW Jetta here in Australia.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:22   #844
Senior - BHPian

How about approaching VW India? VW has openly said that they want to overtake Toyota by 2010 and they are banking on India and China for getting them there. I am sure they wouldn't want their group company to create a hostile atmosphere for them when they launch their cars next year. Or maybe VW thinks that the average Indian doesn't know that Skoda and VW are related so it wouldn't affect them.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:26   #845
BHPian

I am not really in the market to buy a Skoda (or any car in that range), but I have already decided that I will never ever buy a Skoda in my life.

I have put up a small post on my blog as well giving links to these threads -
Buying a Skoda? Think again… Ramblings & reflections

That's all I can do as of now! Harish, GTO : Would love to help in any other way I can. My wife's boss was considering buying a Laura, I will have him read this thread.

BTW, I came across this, has it been already posted?

skoda fabia Complaints - Break problem, Auto lock problem
skoda laura Complaints - constant problem with engine

Last edited by manish7 : 2nd April 2009 at 15:30.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:32   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
erm.. That really is a mis-interpretation. They have the exact same ad for the VW Jetta here in Australia.
i know it was my mis-interpretation, i was just fuming after reading Evo's woes too. Sorry for my outburst, heat of the moment.

*EDIT*
I write many a times in Mid-day Mumbai Edition My News section and 50% times my article is published but is edited. Harish, can i post it and hope it gets published? I will post the exact copy on this thread too so we will come to what extent my post has been edited. Maybe Bcc a copy to the Mods here. Let me know.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 2nd April 2009 at 15:39.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:58   #847
BHPian

I am eager to see the sales chart of Skoda this/next month
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:13   #848
BHPian

Quote:
*EDIT*
I write many a times in Mid-day Mumbai Edition My News section and 50% times my article is published but is edited. Harish, can i post it and hope it gets published? I will post the exact copy on this thread too so we will come to what extent my post has been edited. Maybe Bcc a copy to the Mods here. Let me know.
Sure anil. You are welcome to do so. I have no issues.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:19   #849
Senior - BHPian

For a 15 lakh car, whose repairs probably couldn't have cost them more than 5 lakhs, Skoda has chosen to neglect the issue and clearly shied away from their responsibility and have already lost a business of more than a couple of hundred crores (going by the number of people who have vouched not to buy a skoda and also those who cancelled it).

Is Skoda so big and thinks that consumers really don't matter to them? Loosing a hundred crores is fine but what about Self respect?
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:40   #850
BHPian

is there any update from skoda or are team bhpians and harish still under 'instigate' mode. Has Skoda kept in touch with GTO or Harish as there is no news about any reply from them. We should get in touch with Times Of India or a news channel and make sure that atlest now Skoda wakes up. They do need a wake up call.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:46   #851
BHPian

Harish, this is what i have emailed Mid-day. Lets see the outcome tomorrow morning.

Anil

Quote:
Skoda India Woes
I am a member of an Unbaised Community created by Auto Enthusiasts across India called Team Bhp ([COLOR=#0000ff]www.team-bhp.com[/COLOR]). We want to highlight an issue with one of our dear friend Mr. Harish (there are innumerous other sufferers too) on this community and many others who have faced/are facing serious issues with owning a Skoda car. Skoda India specifically, offers the worst possible after sales service across the country. People who spend between 8-25 lacs of their hard earned money buying the brand have had to face shoddy service, high maintenance cost & spares & various other dealer specific issues. Instead of apologising and making up to its so-obviously-wronged customer Mr. Harish for their dealer / representative misdeeds, Skoda continues to fight the poor gentleman. We cannot discuss his issues publicly as they are subjudice. I just hope that with the help of this platform we can set a precedent that no other car manufacturer must put unsuspecting buyers through so much torture. Why do multi-nationals continue treat indians like 3rd world consumers providing shoddy service? All we expect from Skoda is:

1. An open honest apology (not marketing gibberish)
2. Full compensation / replacement of the faulty car.

Anil Kalvani

I am sure that for your commercial interests you will not publish this article but i will post this EXACTLY after a week in another daily in a week IF it is not published in your paper. I just want to see if you stand for the truth as you portray in most of your articles.
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:01   #852
BHPian

Brickbats and Boots!

Oh Mama! Phew... Took me yesterday evening and today to go thru the three threads that by now has reached almost millions of car enthusiasts.

First and foremost Harish. Go Ahead Man! You have proven, when going gets tough, the tough gets going. Added advantage: you have got all our support and blessings.

Now coming back to the topic of SKODA and their "inertness", I have only onething to say " I am amazed". In Today's "Customer is the KING" scenario you have created an example of dumbness, which needs to be rewarded. I wish the ban on foul language was not there. You are SAVED mate!!!

HARISH God Bless my friend & GTO thanks for showing those nerds that our spine is made of Titanium.

(Mods/Admins: Hope my post is within relms of decency if you want feel free to edit it)

Mod's note: EDITED, lets please debate in a civilized fashion.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2009 at 17:44. Reason: No more personal attacks please. Thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:18   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Guys how much does it cost to put these stories in the front page/bottom of "Times of India " and also on the website . SKODA steals customer parts ... such and such tag line . That will make the hit below the belt .
Hi Harish!

Thought of sharing some of my feelings. The black12rr's suggestion is damn good. How about preparing a full-page/half-page poster with some of the self-confessed Skoda horror stories and a request to skoda owners having torrid time to join you in your class action suite. If you can get this poster published in Times-of-India or any other national daily on the first/last page, that will hit Skoda India really hard, apart form helping your cause. Few people are already willing to join you in the class action suite, you can publish their accounts. I am sure there are many who will be happy to join you (after all the web is full of complaints on skoda service).

I have no idea about the costs and legalities that are involved. I am sure financials can be taken care with voluntary contributions from team-bhp members.

Thank god! I don't own a Skoda. I will never think of buying a Skoda (or VW for that matter) for my entire life. I will make sure that any one known to me will think twice before buying a Skoda.

Regards,
Mohan.
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:41   #854
Senior - BHPian

Evo, hell of an experience you gone through, seems skoda india buffs up all around country, guys need to pull up socks and tell skoda people we arent here to buy cheap crap car and its service, doesnt we hear more and more stories of skoda's buff scenes now.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:14   #855
BHPian

Citizen journalist

Quote:
Harish, this is what i have emailed Mid-day. Lets see the outcome tomorrow morning.

Anil
posted the same copy n CNN-IBN citizen journalist .

IBNLive News | Citizen Journalist

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks