Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:14   #916
Senior - BHPian

This is now beginning to stretch one's credibility!
These people are so very 'academic' in the way they are going about handling this crisis!
Their bottom lines will be the next not so academic shock they'll have!
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:28   #917
rippergeo

I wonder why we let them get away with this for so long. It took a very clumsy move on skoda corporate's part to set all this off. We should have done this a few years back atleast and saved a lot more people from heartache.
Skoda Auto sucks - threatens users describing their service
Dugg!
I really really want to hit these people where it hurts.

Last edited by rippergeo : 3rd April 2009 at 22:30.

Old 3rd April 2009, 22:43   #918
BHPian

T-BHP should (and I hope WILL) stand for the truth!

I think its high time we release our " Thank God! I don't own a Skoda " bumper sticker!
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:52   #919
BHPian

Hello Skoda Corporate,

First things first.

Do what ever it takes to resolve Harish's problem. This must have been done
yesterday but it is never too late.

Your *** needs to revamped ASAP. I think you need address this on a war footing by setting up independent organizations to evaluate your dealers in a periodic manner. And reprimand anyone who dares to deviate from the norms. Impose strict regulations and ensure that it is really adhered to.

Online system will not help solve the problem of an irate customer . A irate customer will become a lifelong customer if handled with TLC. This is your chance.

Get your acts together if you are really serious.

Sateesh
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:56   #920
BHPian

Hello Harish,

I salute you for the resilience and will to fight. We will standby you as a community.

The fight for justice is never an easy one.

All the very best
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:10   #921
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
On the service front, we are ranked No 4 in the JD Power Satisfaction Survey in the year 2008
Quote:
which would not have been possible unless we have in place the best Customer care initiatives.
Quote:
You may note that Skoda was escalated from its erstwhile Rank 7 in 2007 to the current Rank 4 for customer Service. We are keenly strategizing ourselves to top the list in the years to come.
I am extremely concerned. Concerned because:

1. If we are to believe that this person is speaking his mind, then Skoda genuinely believes nothing is wrong with their shoddy service.

2. And unless one realises the problem, how on earth is the company going to work toward solutions?!

3. Either Skoda India is too arrogant, naive, unwilling to serve its customers...or.....ALL THREE combined.

I don't believe that they'd put so much importance to a crummy JD award rather than what their own customers have to say. At the end of the day, who pays them the means to their livelihood? JD? Or the end customer?

This is a matter of concern. For existing & potential Skoda owners. I hope the management is the wiser and puts in some stringent corrections to their corporate culture. Though, what if they think all's well too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Had posted about this thread in Carwale forums. Now am finding my thread deleted. Goes about to show how neutral they are.
Pathetic state of affairs that shows the power of corporate $$$ / muscle. Is Team-BHP the only one willing to stand up for the Indian customer? I used to respect Carwale, but they've just lost its soul. Do they serve the manufacturers interests or that of the owner / enthusiast? History has proven that the former breed don't go too far.

Either ways, we couldn't be bothered. Team-BHP is fully prepared to walk it alone. Slowly, firmly and with the support of the BHPian! We will NEVER compromise on our values and the sheer foundation that this community was built on. The foundation only gets more SOLID with time, and the focus only sharper.
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:43   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We will NEVER compromise on our values and the sheer foundation that this community was built on. The foundation only gets more SOLID with time, and the focus only sharper.
And 62 pages of posts vouch for that!
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:53   #923
Senior - BHPian

@ GTO,
i think that CARWALE is a commercial, profit making company. they wont reflect the truth anywhere where they feel their sales will get affected.
most of their clients wont expect that they post the SKODA issues as the clients pay to sell their car. i bet there will be hundreds of skodas on sale with high premium.

Ours is a pure not profitable Forum with no commercial interests whatsoever. so we all together stand for truth. So much so that we wont come apart with any kind of political tactics of SKODA. What is wrong is wrong. So many incidents against skoda just speak only one sentence "SKODAS are theives".
They have no selfrespect, no dignity, no ethics and no shame at all.

They stand STARK NAKED in front of everyone, and still they are enough shameless not to cover themselves.

this attitude will bring them to RAGS.
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:54   #924

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
I completely support that & would be delighted to do it. Possbily could orchestrate a good rate as well since I keep dealing with Media buying agencies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
If everybody on Team BHP donates only 100 rs, than also we have enough money to put this stuff on TOI front page for a month!!!

Mods: can we do something?
I am really aghast at the audacity with which certain people can carry out frauds in India. (I too was victim of a fraud from a car dealer, though of another brand, and know first-hand how it feels when one's trust is trampled upon). I too will be delighted to contribute.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:07   #925
BHPian

Posted a link to this thread here Canadian Desi Reading Topic: Thinking of buying a skoda in India? Think again
They have 44,000 members.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:13   #926
Senior - BHPian

I think Carwale did it out of clear business interests. More than anything else I think they did not want any reference to another car forum (and especially a more successful one!)

Petty minds abound!
Old 4th April 2009, 00:23   #927
Team-BHP Support

This thread reminds me a lot of posts from the early days of TBhp, about how the forum would one day be a force to reckon with, and how every automobile major would awake to the needs and prefrences of the Indian consumer.
While there have been notable changes in the Indian automotive scene courtesy suggestions from/on TBhp, this thread really brings out the spirit, commitment and expectations of the average Indian who does not want to be conned or ignored after having spent his hard earned money.

While Harish awaits justice, it is quite heartening to see GTO, Navin, Viddy and the others pointing this thread in the right direction. Page by page, Skoda India seems to have lost vital business volumes and a major chunk (if not entirely) of brand value and prestige they enjoyed in India.
Almost a thousand posts now this thread has been patient, persisitent and waiting for Skoda to deliver, but the guys up there upon the Skoda corporate ladder just do not seem to get it.

manson.
Old 4th April 2009, 00:32   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post

-------------
Dear Mr. Prashant,

On the service front, we are ranked No 4 in the JD Power Satisfaction Survey in the year 2008 which would not have been possible unless we have in place the best Customer care initiatives. Various up to date trainings are being rendered to the dealership personnel at every stage of our operations. You may note that Skoda was escalated from its erstwhile Rank 7 in 2007 to the current Rank 4 for customer Service. We are keenly strategizing ourselves to top the list in the years to come.
On the general foot you may note that the Service intervals for our cars are 10,000 kms which is the best in its class, when compared to the service intervals of 5000-7000 kms of other brands.
Srinivas Sudhir
Customer Care
SkodaAuto India Private Ltd
-----------
What's with Skoda India officials and their lack of English knowledge! Is it a sign of the overall general incompetence of Skoda India management that also reflects in poor language skills ?
I mean "escalate" in a +ve context ? Haven't heard it ever. Probably, they are 'dreaming' of customer escalations all the time ;-)
And "On the general foot" must be one of the most original expressions w/o any footing !

Really Disappointed that Skoda India has not made any attempt to improve matters on the major complaints, and done that visibly ...
Old 4th April 2009, 00:35   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Corporate last visit 3rd April 2009

Apparently they still have some sort of interest in what is happening here.
Old 4th April 2009, 01:36   #930
BHPian

OT Carwale is a dealer front, its a consolidator website (read as commercial website) which channels various vehicle buying inquiries to various dealers & financiers around the country depending upon the browser's choice of city.

Additionally it also vends TATA AIG General insurance policies (Automotive & Accident and Health) where it gains a sizable commission.

Please stay away.

2 cents.

Most Viewed