Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 01:40   #931
BHPian

harishv - Fight Skoda... we are with you. And you have all our support. Dugg it!

Last edited by yamaniac : 4th April 2009 at 01:46.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:01   #932
BHPian

" .... On the service front, we are ranked No 4 in the JD Power Satisfaction Survey in the year 2008 which would not have been possible unless we have in place the best Customer care initiatives ...."

Yes, sir. Way to go! Continue to believe you are the best. Sooner or later the customers will put you in place.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:41   #933
Senior - BHPian

This thread was started on 27-Mar-2009 at around 1:30 PM. Today its 4-Apr-2009. There is enormous response to this thread. But how many times harishv or evo or kapiljoy ( sorry if my spelling is wrong ) or diffsoft have been contacted ? Once, twice ? Never.

Then the reply from Mr. Sudhir. That was alarming. Without much difficultly, we can come to conclusion that they are really not concerned. The JD power ranking are great, but its only on paper. Toyota is not no. 1 on paper, but the customers are happy, that is what matters at the end of the day. And this is not one off case. Somebody must ask Skoda to read this thread carefully to see many stories being uncovered, and how can we forget the other existing threads that reaffirm one fact : Skoda is not interested in giving support to customers.

Quote:
If we are to believe that this person is speaking his mind, then Skoda genuinely believes nothing is wrong with their shoddy service.
That was very easy to conclude within days of this thread coming into existence. When we had 300-400 replies and Skoda.coperate was also aware of this thread.

I think collectively all at TBHP have done their bit and are ready to do more. The damage has been inflicted on Skoda India. This must extend to VW and now Porsche.

I am running out of words as I am just thinking about the poor ( no words to describe exactly how poor ), may I add, cheap metality and pseudo egoistic attitude of Skoda towards Indian customers.
If we call Skoda India's attitdue as pathetic then we are insulting the word Pathetic. Its that bad.
I think TBHP has done what nobody else has managed, to bring out the stark realities of how Indian customer is cheated and mostly taken for granted. TBHP has managed to actually shake the very ground on which the car manufacturers stand. I think any responsible company will take us more seriously now.
Happy to be part of TBHP!

@mods :
Can we change the title to something more vigilant and agressive title ?

I dont know if this is required or not and if found inappropritae, mods delete the following part:
I am still able to see VRS photo on TBHP. I think this just reflects how much we are attached to cars, how passionate are we towards driver's car and how honestly we appreciate automobiles, irrespective of what the company is. It displays our sportsmanship, let it be there. Its our honour and one more slap across Skoda's face.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 4th April 2009 at 08:48.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:41   #934
BHPian

" .... On the service front, we are ranked No 4 in the JD Power Satisfaction Survey in the year 2008 which would not have been possible unless we have in place the best Customer care initiatives ...."

But once there is no more customer to be cared for?
Old 4th April 2009, 08:42   #935
evo
BHPian

" .... On the service front, we are ranked No 4 in the JD Power Satisfaction Survey in the year 2008 which would not have been possible unless we have in place the best Customer care initiatives ...." blah blah blah

The least Skoda could have done is to write something vague like "There may have been some porblems faced by customers however we pride ourselves on speedy resolution..."
(which as we know is SO NOT TRUE)

Instead they totally shrug it off and say, "no no, we are so cool, JD Power, blah blah"

Atleast lie within some limits.

Strange people. I just averted a potential Skoda sale yesterday! Managed to call a friend of mine while he was in the Skoda showroom!

Haha. One more Accord booked. One less Laura sold.

Amazingly the dealer told him that no new update is planned for the Laura till 2010!
Old 4th April 2009, 09:01   #936
BHPian

Do they feel the Indian Consumers as naive and is purely rooted to a brand based on such studies. They must be kidding big time.

my Bro-in-law has changed his mind of going in for a Skoda, one more loss is some other brands gain.

Word of mouth has more Power than JD Power Survey god knows who is satisfied by their survey
Old 4th April 2009, 09:28   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

What does Skoda think : a prospective customer looks up the JD Power Survey results before deciding on a brand / make ?

I wonder if even 10% of car buyers in India are aware of anything called a JD Power Survey ..
Old 4th April 2009, 10:22   #938
Senior - BHPian

can we update with the number of sales lost by Skoda as part of this thread.

I partly agree with aaagoswami.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:21   #939
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
@ GTO,
i think that CARWALE is a commercial, profit making company.
That's okay. Nothing wrong in that.

What I find disconcerting is:

Quote:
they wont reflect the truth anywhere where they feel their sales will get affected.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
I think Carwale did it out of clear business interests.
Quote:
More than anything else I think they did not want any reference to another car forum (and especially a more successful one!)
They've linked to Team-BHP in other threads; the only reason behind blocking the Skoda information is glaringly obvious now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
This thread reminds me a lot of posts from the early days of TBhp, about how the forum would one day be a force to reckon with, and how every automobile major would awake to the needs and prefrences of the Indian consumer.
Ah, always feels nice to reminiscence over the good ol' days eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This must extend to VW and now Porsche.
Lets not jump the gun here. VW's service has actually received decent (but not excellent) reviews though their cars, particularly the Passat, has major reliability issues (thread already up and running). I have yet to see a complaint against VW's customer service. Ditto for Porsche. Just because they are sister concerns doesn't give us a right to presume. The Indian management is entirely different. Let's give VW & Porsche a chance to prove their service standards. I hope they learn from Skoda's mistakes and put some outstanding customer service initiatives in place. In fact, it could be an advantageous differentiator for VW.

Quote:
I think any responsible company will take us more seriously now.
The smart ones - and those who value customer feedback - already do.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:24   #940
BHPian

Love to see Skoda people are very well aware of us. (looking at to reply sent from them to Prashant.

Keep it up guys.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:32   #941
Team-BHP Support

Skoda officials must be living a bubble, what else can one infer from their initial legal threat followed by a long silence. Just in the last one week, they must have lost huge amount of business thanks to threatening a consumer forum like us. It is time some sanity prevailed and they take necessary steps to rebuild the trust they have so obviously lost.

First, contact the owners mentioned in thread and apologise. Second, fix their problems, if the problem is too serious, just replace the car. Third, discipline your dealers and service providers. They are your real representatives in the field. If they are slimey, conniving thieves, it reflects on the company. In short, make us believe you still have some scruples. Make us believe you value the customers, no just their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
What's with Skoda India officials and their lack of English knowledge! Is it a sign of the overall general incompetence of Skoda India management that also reflects in poor language skills ?
I mean "escalate" in a +ve context ? Haven't heard it ever. Probably, they are 'dreaming' of customer escalations all the time ;-)
You are right. it is called a Freudian slip. They have so many customer service issues that are escalated regularly, the term escalate has become synonymous with any upward movement in Skoda.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:47   #942
BHPian

Have been monitoring this thread since the first day itself, have tried to do my bit by creating a thread in my forum, with over 70,000 members and making it complusary for users to read the thread.

Good Luck! And i myself hav changed my decision to purchase a Superb.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:47   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think TBHP has done what nobody else has managed, to bring out the stark realities of how Indian customer is cheated and mostly taken for granted.
Happy to be part of TBHP!
Bingo aago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
harishv - Fight Skoda... we are with you. And you have all our support. Dugg it!
thanks yamaniac. Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Skoda Corporate last visit 3rd April 2009
Apparently they still have some sort of interest in what is happening here.
Preparing their defense for the class action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
it is quite heartening to see GTO, Navin, Viddy and the others pointing this thread in the right direction.
Almost a thousand posts now this thread has been patient, persisitent and waiting for Skoda to deliver, but the guys up there upon the Skoda corporate ladder just do not seem to get it.
manson.
+1 to that manson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1. If we are to believe that this person is speaking his mind, then Skoda genuinely believes nothing is wrong with their shoddy service.
Very depressing GTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
I salute you for the resilience and will to fight. We will standby you as a community.The fight for justice is never an easy one.
Thank you csateesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Had posted about this thread in Carwale forums. Now am finding my thread deleted. Goes about to show how neutral they are.
You did your best mate. That's what counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post

I am proud to say that we have been able to exceed expectations in both terms of our technology and our Services.

On the service front, we are ranked No 4 in the JD Power Satisfaction

Srinivas Sudhir
Customer Care
Sudhir Sudhir. I had met the guy in Aurangabad. Pity the guy. I think he is the man who has taken maximum flak from all the customers. The chap most abused by all.

He is a robot. What can he do? He is the substitue for an automated voice machine.

In fact I feel sorry for the poor chap. Even in his personal domain, if someone were to crib to him about any issue, I am sure the guys response would be - 'Your problem has been escalated to our Regional Service Engineer'.

My sympathies Sudhir.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:56   #944
BHPian

Hi! Can we mail the link to this thread 2008 India Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study | J.D. Power and Associates, to the person who wrote this report.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:07   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Hi! Can we mail the link to this thread 2008 India Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study | J.D. Power and Associates, to the person who wrote this report.
Great idea. As we speak I am sending this link to Mohit Arora who seems to be the contact.

Most Viewed